We stayed for 5 nights at this hotel with our 2 year old daughter and had a great time in this beautiful town. We booked for 3 nights in the Corte 1 apartment which is in the block adjoining the hotel and then 2 nights in the big suite in the main hotel.
- Very kind staff who went out of their way to help and were very sweet with our daughter. The manageress babysat her twice and was great.
- Hotel has very nice atmosphere with peaceful and nicely decorated main rooms.
- Main suite in the hotel is stunning. It's on two levels (with a bathroom on each) and you can see the quality of the materials used everywhere. Absolutely first class accommodation and great aircon. Not cheap at 250 euros a night especially in a town that is not touristy at all but probably worth it.
- Amazing location, about a 5 minute walk from Piazza del Popolo.
- The apartment in the annex.
The annex itself is essentially an apartment block which seems to have a few hotel apartments in it but not sure if there are others living there. The main lobby is dark and gloomy as are the stairwells. The apartment itself was massive but was fairly sparse in furniture. The main room was huge but the sofa wasn't very comfy and the TV for some reason was in the much smaller bedroom. Bathroom was OK but very poorly finished and equipped compared to the bathrooms in the suite of the main hotel.
The main room was boiling and the aircon was fairly useless. Bedroom was nice and cool.
Cleanliness wasn't great - it just felt as though the cleaners hadn't really bothered to properly clean the floors and the wardrobes in the living room were very dusty.
We had paid extra each of the 3 days to be able to use the kitchen in the apartment. While there was a good amount of kitchen equipment I did find it rather cheeky that in spite of paying extra for the kitchen they hadn't provided us with even the tiniest basics for kitchen use (oil, salt, milk...). Also when we used the oven and the grill we blew a fuse so presumably the apartment can't really cope with the power.
- Breakfast. A lovely room and nice coffee but very poor spread of food, especially savoury. Appreciated that this is common in Italy.
So overall a great hotel but I would not really recommend the annex, especially not in the heat. The contrast with the rest of the hotel is extraordinary and that doesn't come across on the website or in other reviews.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A wonderful 14 bedroom boutique hotel in the center of Ascoli Piceno. All rooms are lavishly furnished and different from the others. A meeting room with a capacity of 40 persons is at your entire disposal. Can be organized special events on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Residenza 100 Torri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.