“I love this place!”
Review of Il Desco

Il Desco
Ranked #1 of 206 Restaurants in Ascoli Piceno
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Centrally located in a mansion.Elegant but warm and cozy shabby chic style.Open for over a year and a half, offers traditional dishes of meat and fresh fish every day.Great attention to raw materials, cleaning and accurate service.Very good wine with predominant attention to the best local wineries.In summer you can eat in the 'open in a garden located inside the restaurant.
Berkshire
“I love this place!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The last review was written by my husband but I felt I should add my thoughts too - this place is wonderful! The decoration is lovely, lots of white, simple clean lines and tasteful art. The staff were wonderful, and at least one spoke very good English. They were friendly and welcoming but not at all intrusive. We occupied our table for more than 4 hours and not once were we rushed, despite it being busy. The free champagne with the pudding was such a nice touch, as was the birthday candle they lit on my cake!

I feel the price (93 Euros for 3 courses and 2 bottles of wine) was fair for the food (which was delicious) and the wine (superb). As a vegetarian I often struggle but I had several options here (our waitress was vegetarian so was able to personally recommend things to me) and they were very good, as well as interesting (not a meat dish with the meat removed as so often happens, albeit less in Italy). I would not hesitate to recommend this for a special occasion, or just for a really nice meal. Brilliant, I can't wait to go back.

• Visited December 2013

• Polish first
Reading, UK
“Outstanding food and service in a beautiful venue”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Our hotel had booked us in for my wife's birthday and we were welcomed by name into the place. The venue itself is wonderfully decorated and achieves what so many faux Italian restaurants around the world desperately try to reproduce.

The menu was fairly simple but varied, my wife is vegetarian which can be a challenge in some areas of Europe but not here. There is not a wide selection of vegetarian dishes but there is more than one and they (I was told) are wonderful and not just a meat dish without the meat like you often get in western restaurants.

The wine was as good as you would expect in Italy and although not cheap by Italian standards I felt it was fairly priced for the venue.

I had the fish starter (3 types hot) and warned it's 3 individual dishes! All wonderful but it's bigger than I though it was going to be so if your partner isn't vegetarian you may want to share it.

The rest of the food including the desert was excellent and not rushed. dishes were prepared to allow us time to drink and talk and despite the place filling up rapidly we were never hurried and enjoyed several hours in this place. We were also brought a couple of glasses of champagne to celebrate the birthday (not charged for in case you wondering).

The bill was €93 which for 3 courses and 2 bottles of good wine I thought was excellent. One of the best meals I've ever had with service to match, I couldn't recommend this place highly enough.

• Visited December 2013
Southern Pines ,NC
“excedes expectations”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We have been going to Italy every year for many years and decided to try a new region and city. I have not written many reviews but I had to say something about this restaurant. This restaurant in Ascoli-Piceno is one of the best experiences we have ever had. What an incredible find! The food is fresh and interesting. The pasta is all incredible and they try to use local fresh ingredients. The wine list is very good and all the prices are reasonable. If you are in or even near Ascoli- Piceno, this is a must visit. We found it our first night and would have eaten there every night if they were open. We did go back a second time and were even more impressed.

Southern Califonia
“Ascoli Piceno's elegant ristorante exceeds expectations”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

If you happen to be in Ascoli Piceno, this is the place to visit. We had read the reviews on this restaurant and decided to try it. It was greater than expected. The décor and interior design is quite elegant. The staff and owner are extremely friendly and helpful. The food was presented very professionally with great detail. The 3 hot fish appetizer was a meal in itself. The oxtail appetizer was a tasty dish too. Both extremely flavorful. The fettuccine primi dishes are very good as well. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Canberra, Australia
“Deserved #1 rating”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Well deserving of its #1 rating (at time of writing) this restaurant offers friendly efficient service, delicious meals (including some local traditional treats), and fine wine, all in very pleasant surroundings. The tables occupy a number of rooms and are well spaced, allowing intimate conversation.The staff really seem to enjoy their job and work hard to meet diners' needs.

1 Thank Sangio7