“My favourite in Ascoli”

Ranked #5 of 226 Restaurants in Ascoli Piceno
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Typical Restaurant Regional Awarded Prestigious Mark of Italian Hospitality Michelin Guide 2017
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I recently spent 2 weeks in Ascoli and had the chance to try quite a few restaurants. My favourite, by far, is Nonna Nina. The food was almost as good as my own nonna's food. The house wine was very pleasant. At my second visit, the owner recognized me and offered me coffee and anisette on the house. It is simple food, like italian food should be, that respects the tastes and textures of the ingredients. Can't wait to go back!!!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Food was ok, nothing special. The pasta was farely good but the grilled meat and the fried cheese was pretty dull. Pretty good service. The prices are low.

1  Thank johannes a
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We were in Ascoli Piceno for three nights recently and had dinner at Nonna Nina twice. They are not located on one of the main busy squares of the town where most restaurants are. They are just one street down from one of the main squares on a more quiet square. This is a good thing, as this makes Nonna Nina already a great location for a more laid back outside dinner without street vendors and hoards of tourists. On our second visit we made sure to reserve a table outside because the tables outside fill up quickly. The owner is very friendly and really takes his time to help people put together a great dinner, taking into account the customer's wishes.

The menu has many typical foods of the region, including the Ascoli style olives, which are filled with meat and then fried. A must try when you're in Ascoli. There are (amongst other things) also various pasta's on the menu of which we had a few during our two visits. Without a doubt all very tasty! As we are no particular wine experts, we always go for the red house wine, which was excellent to our taste.

I don't often eat deserts but sometimes I can be tempted to have one. I was very lucky to have had the tiramisu at Nonna Nina because it was the best tiramisu I ever had, anywhere.

The prices are very friendly, too. If you're in Ascoli don't look further and just go to Nonna Nina.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Not much happening on this little square in Ascoli, it is really just a parking lot during the day. I had the antipasto fantastico and it was great, a nice mixture of local foods. One person in our party did have a bit of trouble with his order, but the waiter was very nice and made it right.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We had diner here and it was stunning for the price.
The chef was realy helpfull and guided us through his limited but very good menu.
The wine and the food were delicious.
Suffice to say there were a lot of locals having dinner here.
Keep up the good work.