“A hidden Gem”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have been in Sardegna for 3 months now. Almost every day i would drive past this place to go over to the supermarket or into Arzachena.
I was very late one day for lunch i think almost 4pm. I was finding it hard to find a restaurant to sit down and eat a nice meal.
I drove past and saw the sign "Aperto" so i turned around and headed in.
I was greeted by a lovely girl, it's perfectly air-conditioned so on a 37 degree day, it was very pleasant.
I had just a basic pasta and a wine, and was amazed at how good my meal was.
Definately a thumbs up and want to try to get back before we leave next week.

• Visited August 2013

Venice, Italy
“Specializes In Spaghetti”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had lunch at Jamel, a self-described Spaghetteria ,like a pizzeria, only they specialize in spaghetti and pasta dishes. This relatively new restaurant is located on the main road leading to and from Arzachena. The dining room is nicely decorated with huge comfortable chairs and there is also a covered patio for outdoor dining during warm weather months.

While Jamal specializes in pasta, there are several other items on the menu. We went to Jamal specifically for their pasta. We were greeted by the chef/owner who suggested we try the seafood spaghetti made with lobster. He proudly reported that all the seafood used in the pasta was extremely fresh. We were provided bibs to protect our clothing and pliers and cutting utensils to get at the lobster meat. The portion was huge and loaded with prawns, mussels, clams, langoustine shrimp and of course, lobster. It was extremely tasty and enough to make a meal out of just a pasta course.

Specials of the day were written on a board. The special this date was pasta with artichokes and bottarga (grated fish roe). The were many classic pasta dishes; however, I noted the chef presented some original and creative proposals. Prices were very reasonable and the service was attentive. I recommend Jamel to the TripAdvisor community when visiting the Arzachena area.

• Visited May 2013