“A lovely hotel”
Review of Vogue Hotel Arezzo

Vogue Hotel Arezzo
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Arezzo
Reviewed May 10, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Vogue in early March and then my mother and I returned in late April. We found the Hotel Vogue to be a lovely hotel. It is newly renovated and this was skillfully done, blending old world charm with chic modern amenities. All the rooms are named after famous Italians, no room numbers! Of the 6 rooms I saw, each was different and charming. The baths, tubs, showers, etc., are ultra modern and many rooms include fun rainforest spa showers. I did flood the room slightly several times but there were always plenty of large thick towels to help the situation. The beds were extremely comfortable with great mattresses and linens. Most nights we had turn down service. I loved the key pad entry system and the keypad controls in the room that even offered electronic privacy notification. Also important as the weather gets warmer, is the air conditioning is excellent in this hotel.The staff was wonderful and the breakfasts were very good. Cafe lattes, cappuccinos, etc., were always made to order. The location is only about one and a half blocks from the train station, and close to all the wonderful sights in Arezzo. It is also next to a delicious ice cream store! The staff recommended a wonderful restaurant, I Tres Bicchieri. We enjoyed two lovely meals there. We also enjoyed Le Tastevin. Enjoy Arezzo! It is a great town and the Hotel Vogue is a perfect place to stay!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 9, 2007

The vogue hotel is a very nice place . The rooms are comfortable and well designed. The down side to this hotel is the front desk staff. Be aware that parking is extra and very exspensive over 30 euros a day. Do not give them any laundry as ours was given back to us wet. Charge for wet laundry 40 euros! This was two days later! I would not recomend Arezzo to tourist for one thing the reasturants are over priced ,also the people are cold at best.
Stay in Florence you will have a better selection of hotel and reastaurants.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 12, 2007

We went to Arezzo to see the Piero della Francesca show and booked into the Vogue, supposedly a high class hotel. The room was well designed, and the location of the hotel is very good. However, the front desk people seemed utterly bewildered.

When I asked them to remove the chain in front so we could drive up with our car to unload, they gave me a lot of irrelevant information and ignored what I was asking. (I speak Italian, so they knew what I was asking.)

Later, when we asked if one needs tickets to see the Piero frescoes in the main church, they said no; but one does need tickets, to get close to the paintings. By the time we'd figured this out, the tickets were gone.

Then we asked two different people at the front desk where the main exhibit was. One had never heard of it and directed us to the wrong place. The other took 15 minutes of phone calls to find out where it was. (Arezzo is a small town, and this exhibit is a big deal there--posters all over town, newspapers reporting that even the Pope approves of the exhibit, etc.) Neither could read the map that they gave us at the desk.

One day we left at 10:30 a.m., returned at 3:30, and our room still had not been done up. This was not the fault of the young woman who was assigned to the task, for she was also serving the breakfasts, greeting people, and generally holding things together.

Clearly, there is a problem with management training. The young woman who was at the bottom of the managerial totem pole did everything, and did it well, but she couldn't make up for the sloppiness of those above her.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2007

We were looking for a hotel in Arezzo within walking distance of the train station and everything else. Vogue Hotel came recommended by TripAdvisor, so we booked it through an online booking website. The price was very reasonable, so we expected an ok place, but weren't expecting anything exceptional. We were wrong--it was exceptional. We were greeted on arrival by Francesco, the manager, who made coffee and a snack available while our room was prepared. Later, a bottle of champagne was provided gratis in the lobby lounge in late afternoon. A nice touch. Our room was upscale and newly decorated. Location was great to see everything in Arezzo. We really enjoyed this hotel and the city, which while not unknown, is less popular than other Tuscany towns. I don't know why--it was a very enjoyable place to spend a day or two on the way to Rome.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KLNorthCarolina
Reviewed November 8, 2006

Great hotel and the staff was the best. We were greeted with a smile and even had champagne sent up to our room. Our room was unbelievable and the location of the hotel couldn't be better. I would go back and would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Stayed: October 2006
Reviewed August 7, 2006

This hotel is very classy and the staff was fantastic! Our room was very spacious and had some wonderful little extra touches....like the chilled bottle of wine in the ice bucket on arrival! The decor and furniture was very up to date. The bath has a great tub area with recessed lights that are capable of changing colors...and a candle is sitting on the tub ledge for the romantic souls. Air conditioning worked wonderfully....and it was a very hot time in Italy. European breakfast is included in the room rate. The staff was very helpful and super friendly. Highly recommend staying here.

1  Thank Gagal
Reviewed April 12, 2006

A 3 night stay at the Vogue Hotel was a wonderful break from reality. An Arezzo friend informed me that the hotel was under renovations for 2 years before opening as the Vogue Hotel and upon entering me room, it was understood why.

Amazingly spacious, pristine and state-of-the-art marble bathroom with a large soaking tub, fantastic shower stall that looked directly into the master bedroom suite, as well as some magnigicent artistic details.

My room was equipped with a large flatscreen television (I assume all are...), the largest best I've ever seen in Italy, very modern and funky furniture mixed with some authentic Italian pieces. A dozen or so Italian books are left on the shelves above the bed for light reading. The windows in the room were perhaps the most magnificent aspect as they looked out over the rooftops of Arezzo.

My first night there, in the early evening someone came to my door offering an apple and a bookmark detailing ways to get a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business