“Mancuso Family Reunion”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Arezzo
Castello Val di Colle
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Arezzo
Forestville, New York
“Mancuso Family Reunion”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

My sisters and I, along with my parents went to meet cousins living in Cortona. The hotel they suggested was booked so we found this hotel on Trip advisor. I am so glad we did. First of all the owners both speak English, which of course was a great relief and help in navigating the territory. But the castle! I can not believe that a 3,000 year old building can stand the test of time like this one. I have never seen anything so ancient before. The rooms are like a fairy tale. I had the sunflower room. The bed was hand carved sunflowers and it was so beautiful. The linens were outstanding and handmade by the owners father, who is a linen designer for Frette. I slept almost 13 hours the first night. The restaurant was stunning as was the chef(single ladies!) and the food was the best food I have ever had in my life. I can not wIt to bring my husband with me the next time and share this with him! You can wander for hours through the olive groves,the hiking trails and my husband can practice at the driving range which overlooks the whole village!! The swimming pools are so beautiful tucked below the gardens and overlooking some beautiful Tuscan land and villas. There'd is too much to write about but I will defiantly be going back! Thank you so much Renee and Giovanni for all the help and hospitality. 5 stars to the owners!!! Ciao!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Andrea C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I had a very important celebrity client asked to make an appearance in Tuscany recently, which is a place I have dreamed of visiting my whole life, specifically Arrezo. We were blessed and fortunate enough to stay at Castello Val Colle, a castle high up on a hill top surrounded by a beautiful view, olive trees and a vineyard which produces the most amazing wine. I thought I was in a fairy tale, literally. The castle is amazing and the rooms are as beautiful as they are comfortable. The chef treated us to the most delicious meal each night and the owners (Renee and Pierre Giovanni) not only are the best hosts in all of Italy, I feel like I have made a friendship with them that will last a lifetime. The experience was a dream come true. My celebrity client could not have been more impressed as well. The only problem I had was I didn't want to leave...ever. I will be back and back often. I highly, highly recommend. I usually am not one to make promises, but I promise you won't be sorry.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Anthony A
Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed May 12, 2014

6 of us stayed at this wonderful castle high on the hilltops of Arezzo for 6 nights starting in April 2014. Our hosts, Renee, Giovanni and Caleb made us feel as though we were in our own homes. Their staff was very attentive and always ready with a cup of coffee or a glass of their wine in the afternoon. Dinner was delicious, Julio gave us a cooking class one afternoon and then we ate our own homemade pastas and stuffed chicken breast for dinner that evening. The views from the castle are breathtaking. The 1000 year old wine press is extraordinary. I don't think you could find a better one of a kind experience anywhere else. Also, we will never forget Gretchen, who could "fly me to the moon." Grazie mille to the Pallegis.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chuck Z
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 9, 2014

If you need a reason to visit Arezzo, know staying at this small remote but incredibly charming hill-top Castle is beyond rewarding. Enfolded within it's impressive history and substantial stone walls, was unexpected hospitality and personal care we had only imagined. After a dreary drive up a small narrowly steep road, we pulled into their brightly lit gated entry and were warmly welcomed by owners Renee and Pierre, as well as their ever-attentive young Manager, Spencer. Our spacious second floor king suite ("Juliette Balcony") with its tall double door opening balcony overlooked their private statute adorned garden and grounds. Its larger than normal bathroom was bright, well appointed, stocked with high-end luxury soaps and lotions - including a fair-sized shower.

After a detailed private castle tour combining it's amazing past with rich, tastefully updated furnishings, we were invited to dine in their small restaurant. Not any restaurant, but an intimately gourmet one served by a talented private chef, who prepared a six course hand-made traditional Tuscan repast - with wine! What a divinely enchanting evening! Only to discover reliving it all again the next day - and night. Breakfast was a generous choice of traditional Tuscan morning fare and included specially made cappuccinos. We explored Arezzo - including the owners' tip of a nearby luxury shoe outlet - but couldn't wait to return and once again be ensconced in the Castle's immeasurable comfort.

We can't wait to go back for another experience that compares to none.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelsMoore
Kentwood, Louisiana
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Lovely place to stay, great atmosphere and excellent customer care. Rooms are cozy and we woke well rested- comfy soft bed just like home. I will definitely return here and would highly recommend them for your rooming accomodations.

• Stayed January 2014
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 31, 2013

If you have one night in Arezzo this is the place to stay! This Middle Age castle backs up onto a 600 B.C. Roman road, tucked into the hills of Tuscany. Renee and Pierre make you feel like long lost cousins and Spencer handles his concierge duties with aplomb. The gardens, including the
captivating horse and lovers sculpture, are as peaceful as they are beautiful. And the included breakfast was a feast! Think brunch: Caprese salad, local salami's and artisan cheeses, and of course the pastries and local jams. Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: We loved the Juliette Balcony room!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GWmom2013
Florence, Italy
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My partner and I had a 2 night remarkable experience at Castello Val di Colle near Arezzo. We were greeted at the door by the owners Renee and Pierre Giovanni ,their son Calab and their fine young Manager, Spencer. The work that has been undertaken at this castle is amazing! Our room was the Juliette and offered a beautiful view of the statues below. We had decided not to venture too far because the scenery and walks nearby were incredibly beautiful. We ate wonderful meals in their dining room along with great tasting wine from their cellars. We spent early mornings and late evenings on their balcony looking out on Tuscan skies, sun, and scenery. Extra touches were the fine linens and bath products that we thoroughly enjoyed. Spencer was an exceptional host and attended to anything we needed. I swam in both of their swimming pools and read by the pool in the afternoon heat. Gracious lovely people and a very historic older castle with plenty of charm.

Room Tip: Juliette room was large quiet and private. Nice window !
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel