“Thought it was great” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trattoria Il Saraceno

Trattoria Il Saraceno
Ranked #31 of 478 Restaurants in Arezzo
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Groningen, The Netherlands
“Thought it was great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

Its interesting that the majority of poor ratings for this place are given by Italians. My explanation is that quite possibly they dont need to appreciate the authenticity of the place as much as visitors. We thought the place was great: plenty of atmosphere, no tourists- only local clientele, simple menu, tasty food, which was served very quickly. 2 Course meal for two came under 50 euros, which was a big contrast to, say, Florence.

• Visited October 2011

Brussels, Belgium
“Good place for an inexpensive lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

We stopped here for lunch; it's a bustling, very informal, reasonably priced trattoria, full of locals and plenty of atmosphere. Great Tuscan specialities and one of the best pizzas on our tour. Would definately return if we ever found ourselves in the area.

Milan, Italy
“Quite good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

I disagree with the few negative reviews below.

Was here in Arezzo yesterday evening and looked for one of the top-rated restaurants in the review, unfortunately two were closed, one looked a bit pretentius and another very "for tourists"; so I resorted asking to locales who directed me here, with some dounbts pending some negative review I decided to try.

The place is informal but ok, the personneel very kind *for how "kind" a Tuscanian can be, they are not expansive people, usually).

We first had an appetizer (one in two), mixed salami and ham; the guy added some pecorino cheese and figs; the appetizer was very, very good; I would give 9/10.

Then we both had pork steak, not excellent (a little bit dry) but not bad at all, say 7/10; as side dish I had baked potatoes with herbs (definitively ok, even though there was some fennel seeds inside with I hate, these tuscanians put them everywhere :) ) and mmy girfried fried vegetables which I did not taste but she told me they were excellent.

To close I had two glasses of liquor (Amaro) and she a slice of cake (made by a local producer) which was again excellent.

Add two half-liter jugs of local chianti wine and the bill was 67 euros. Not really "cheap" but considering that the area is essentially turistic I expected far worse.

A bit drunk but quite happy at the end, recommended.

Warsaw, Poland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

Nice place for big familias, great food, very good wines.

• Visited June 2011
Palm Beach, Florida
“Good location, Hit or Miss Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stopped here for lunch after reading about it on TA. I ordered the Gnocchi, which is my go-to while in Italy. I loved it. It was fluffy and simple and light and delicious. My mother-in-law ordered a ravioli dish that was not so great, with very heavy sauce. My husband and his dad both ordered calzones that they seemed to enjoy quite a bit. We had antipasti which had a nice mix of cheeses and meats. The wine selection and service was good. I liked the interior for lunch. It was lively and a nice start to our trip. Would I highly recommend? Not really, jut because of the mixed reviews at the table of the food. But I did think it was good.