All reviews free underground parking few minutes walk great hotel rain shower old town business trip risotto front desk staff was extremely helpful plenty of storage closet space short walk to the centre hotel is clean hotel is located loved this hotel large shower two nights nice size
Reviewed November 3, 2018

Very nice accommodation, though the room was a little smaller than we anticipated. The location is good -- short walk into the center of town. Parking is free, which is a great service. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Reviewed October 24, 2018

We went to Alba to eat white truffles, and we were not disappointed!! We were looking for a 5 stars hotel, but in Alba there are none, hence we settled for a 4 stars one. As soon as we arrived we felt at home. The concierge was extremely nice and knowledgeable. The hotel could very well be 5 stars. The room was spacious and very well appointed. The bathroom was ample, the walls and floor marble. The breakfast (included) abundant and delicious. We will certainly go back!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is comfortable, clean,located close to the Main Street in Alba. Quiet and cozy rooms is a good place to stay for a reasonable price, breakfast is included and parking available as well as WiFi!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

Hotel Calissano is just a few minutes walk from the historic city center and about a 10 minute walk from the train station.

Having travelled throughout Italy for the past few weeks - 2 things stood out regarding our stay. Best of all, our room was absolutely quiet - it was the last room at the end of the hall on the top floor - we heard absolutely nothing during our stay. Secondly the shower had incredible water pressure and was a real pleasure. Our room was very clean and comfortable - though with fairly firm pillows.

Breakfast starts serving at 7 am and not a minute earlier. It’s standard fare and nothing worthy of a special mention.

Front desk staff was extremely helpful, especially Matteo and Ivan.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

The short story, followed by details:

This hotel is clean, friendly, and convenient for tour groups and large family trips. It is at the edge of one of the more commercialized cities in the area so you have a ton of shopping and restaurants within easy walking distance. It is great for motorists due to lots of free, safe parking with easy access to all the roads leading to other places.

My one star deduction is for the parking situation, hard bedding, and big city location without a view.

The good things:

This hotel has a friendly staff, very clean facilities, a decent spread for breakfast, and an elevator that is in the center of everything. It has a gym and a great parking garage.

It is conveniently located just outside the city center, so you don’t have to negotiate a car through any difficult narrow streets full of tourists.

They are meticulous about keeping germs out of your bedding.

The bad things:

It is in Alba, which is a big city. Not really any of the charm of pretty much every other town in Piedmont. If you are coming to Piedmont for the wine country and scenery, you will have to keep leaving town. There is no view from any room that I would call lovely, since it is in the middle of the business part of town, next to an unused train track.

Additionally, the pillows and mattresses are rock hard. If you want a softer bed, they do offer a foam pad for your mattress, which makes it a little better. If you are European, you probably prefer this type of bed, so the firmness won’t be a problem at all.

I stayed here two nights and two days (having planned on 5) and the bar and lobby were usually full of tour groups. I could never find a place after dinner. If you are on a tour, this will most likely be fine for you, but if you are looking for a quiet Italian countryside hotel with that Italian cultural feel, you won’t get it here.

The staff recommendations for restaurants were never good. I always found better ones through TripAdvisor and internet searches.

The mechanisms for getting in and out of the parking garage are crazy. To exit the garage, you have to get out of your car, push a green button to open the door. Then, there is a final outer door that I never could figure out how to open. I got stuck at night so I finally used the pedestrian exit and pushed that button to get the final door to open, then ran back to my car before that closed again. They should at least fix the exiting system to make it motion controlled.

Once I started exploring the surrounding cities I saw what I was missing by being based in Alba. Staying here was wrecking my vacation. The staff was very nice when I left early. I was still charged fees, but they were very gracious.

Trip type: Traveled solo