“Delicious fresh food”
Review of Piazza Duomo

Piazza Duomo
Ranked #1 of 185 Restaurants in Alba
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Thames Ditton, United Kingdom
“Delicious fresh food”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My partner and I decided to book in last minute for an early anniversary dinner. There was a bit of confusion over the online reservation but the staff were courteous and helpful and our booking was made. Being tourists we inevitably got lost on the way and arrived late but the restaurant staff again dealt with this very professionally.

We initially had a delicious glass of Prosecco each upon arrival and then we ordered a traditionally made Barolo through the advice of the sommelier. The red wine accompanied us through our starter, main and dessert and was so good we ended up visiting Brezza's vineyard to buy a further 6 bottles!! All courses were so beautifully presented and tasted very fresh. A lot of creative thinking and energy has gone into their little masterpieces.

Overall the staff were excellent, as you would expect, but the only negative would be the atmosphere. We felt it was a little lacking and this is probably because some of the diners ate very solemnly so it was a little bit eerily quiet. We love our food and prefer there to be a slightly more warming atmosphere to accompany our dining experience.

Thoroughly recommend Piazza Duomo – considering it’s a Michelin * restaurant we felt the price was also very fair compared to what you might pay in the city.

• Visited October 2013

• Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Columbus, Ohio
“Phenomenal!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We had an amazing experience here and for a 3 Michelin restaurant ranked in the top 50 restaurants in the world, it was a good value. Located overlooking the Duomo in Alba, the location is great. There are only a few tables, so it is quite intimate, perfect for a romantic dinner or small group. We had the tasting menu with the 3 added courses. The food was modern, beautiful, artistic and tasted amazing.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Dan M
Shanghai
“The Good, The Beautiful, The Delicious”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Each morsel, each crumb, each tiny leafy ingredient was a surprise, a delicacy, a food invention off the scales.

But . . . . . I truly believe that to experience Palazzo Duomo and then to speak only about the food is to be missing an essential point.

The establishment is clearly devoted to innovation, beauty, dignity, professionalism, respect of customer and reverence for ingredients that the final creation is almost a by-product of these higher human values.

I believe it would be unhelpful for me to discuss the food - I would go back and go back and simply be in awe of the life philosophy that this institution exudes and consume whatever was placed in front of me.

Here are some suggestions on not about what to eat, but what to do:

Prepare your questions for the staff - they are brilliant . . . . about the food, culture, wine, nature, service.

Taste every bite and try to identify each nuance - there is so much mouthfeel and flavor to experience

Examine the layout of each dish - each course is its own landscape

If you are staying any length of time then make two bookings - in case you want to go back

After I left, I asked myself how I might apply the values of PD to my own life and business: setting standards so high that they are almost unreachable.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank FrankWR
Zurich
“Italian excellence!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband and I had the most amazing dinner here. We chose the big tasting menu, which was surprising yet so tasteful! We can higly recommend this place for fine dining lovers!

• Visited August 2013
Maracaibo, Venezuela
“...this place...”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

..is really special. The food is amazing, its presentation beautiful, and I managed to find a very special Barolo in their great wine list, attended by two sommeliers to help you choose the right wine for a great gastronomic experience. Obviously their Michelin star listing makes them a pretty expensive place, so be ready to dine great but paying a lot.

• Visited July 2013