“Great location”

and 1 more site!
Al Saraceno Hotel
Ranked #36 of 50 Hotels in Alassio
Reviewed July 23, 2014

great hotel to stay at for short beach holidays. Very close to the beach and to the village center. The room was very clean and spacious. It has an airco in the room which makes life much easier during the hot days :) the staff was very friendly and helpful. Some of them didn't speak english which was a bit complicated but we managed to handle the situation :) you can have free bikes to rent during the day which is cool to discover alassio and the neighbourhood. there is no real parking lot for the hotel but for 10 euros they would find your car a place without getting a ticket ;) the breakfast was nice with frech fruit but it was very limited (no eggs or ham) but again, it wasn't a big deal. would definitely come back to the same hotel again if I visit Alassio again :)

Room Tip: I had room 210 which had a balcony on the street side ( which is better than having a balcony on the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Higherlove

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I sayed in this hotel for the weekend of the Monaco GP so only slept there. That said the room was excellent. A roomy shower room was adequate for what it was intended and the room itself plenty large enough. The breakfast was taken early, about six am, but was more than satisfying. It was continental, as expected, and there was no limit to the amount you could eat. The reception staff were friendly and helpful and we had no reason to seek any kind of help as there was cause for it. I enjoyed it and would not hesitate to use it again if the need arouse.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ged A
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I spent the weekend there with my daughter. On arrival very friendly reception and only had to hand the keys of my car over to the receptionist and they sorted out the parking for us. (this is an extra charge of Euro 10 per day) The room was small but clean, a bit noisy but we had the windows open as it was warm and we don’t like air-conditioning. Dinner both nights was excellent; we chose the half board option, again very friendly service. The hotel is a bit old-fashioned, like a lot of Italian Hotels, but its only one street back from the beach and very convenient to all shops and restaurants.
For the price we paid, it was very good value.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Cadrezzate
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I have just returned from a short break at this hotel and it was excellent. I notice that the last review was written by somebody who had stayed there in Aug 2009. if what they wrote was true, things have certainly changed.
The rooms were lovely, well furnished and roomy, with air conditioning and the location was great ... just a 2 minute walk to the beach, shops and restaurants.
The hotel also had a lovely outside veranda to sit out on and enjoy a drink. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and will certainly be returning

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nissanessex
Reviewed July 22, 2010

I'm fully Italian and sadly aware that our hotels standards often don't live up to common expectations. Having said so, this hotel still was the worst experience I've ever had in my life! All the time I kept asking myself how it's even legally possible for them to be a 4 stars hotel. I didn't make a fuss when we first arrived and nobody helped us carrying our baggage to the third floor (no elevator!), or when discovered that our superior room was a small (almost claustrophobic) garret with ugly furniture possibly from the 50’s. But two things made me furious: first, my boyfriend went to the bathroom (about 1 square meter size) and had to find out that the toilet was all dirty and the seat encrusted with biological residue (if you know what I mean!); second, I sat on the bed to get some rest and after 10 seconds it literally collapsed and broke (and just in case you’re wondering , I weigh 52 Kg = 110 pounds). On our way out to the beach we asked for a change of room, but we were told they had no other available rooms. Then I asked to at least clean the toilet! And of course nobody did it. After all, the concierge staff looked completely helpless. I won’t bother to describe in depth every other awful detail, I think those two I wrote about pretty much say it all. My obvious final suggestion: keep yourselves very far away from this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
7  Thank daniserpe
Reviewed September 22, 2007

We stayed for two nights at the Al Saraceno and found it good value for what we paid (100 Euros per room, B&B) but not a four star hotel. The entrance and lounge are OK but the rooms are very basic. The first room we were shown was very small so we asked for another which the staff arranged immediately. The second one was much better with a small balcony and a nice, clean, well appointed but smallish bathroom.

Breakfast was standard Italian fare in the dining room for the first morning but on the second morning we sat on the very attractive patio which was much nicer. The staff were very helpful both in reception, in the dining room and those who serviced the rooms.

It is two blocks from the beach and does not have good views but I have stayed at much worse places than this.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank Gansosalvaje
Reviewed July 16, 2007

We arrived at the hotel as a coach group of 50. No one takes your bags, I had to carry a suitcase up 3 floors. The room was small and dingy and overlooked another apartment block 10 feet away which made it dark, my wife complained that she didn't have enough light to do her makeup. There was no kettle to make tea or coffee, although the hotel claims to be 4 star. Breakfast was adequate, but at breakfast we were given the dinner menu and asked to tick what we wanted for dinner. Another quirk was that we were asked by the waiters to keep and reuse our linen serviette for 4 days. Every night at dinner the manager or owner came into the restaurant and appeared to rebuke the waiters, not a pretty site for a customer. This hotel is small and not well appointed and is 2 roads back from the sea front, this is definitely not 4 star, more like 1 star.

• Stayed: April 2007