“Dinner below Expectations ”
Review of Viola

Viola
Ranked #7 of 202 Restaurants in Alassio
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

This was the third visit and I was somewhat disappointed. The Maitre de’ was attentive at times however somewhat disinterested. The servings have become smaller so are relatively expensive and leave one wanting more with each successive course. In point form my misgivings are trivial yet together provided disappointment...

1. Three main courses served together but a fourth diner’s meal was forgotten. It should be obvious that something was astray.

2. 2 tenderloins were ordered Medium plus a bit more: both were rare and blue inside. They were returned for some extra cooking. They were excessively small, estimating 150g and whilst tender contained fat and flavourless.

3. The 2nd bottle of wine ordered to accompany the mains did not arrive for 15 minutes in a very quiet restaurant, so I had to go inside to request it and found the Maitre de’ & the staff chatting.

To the credit of the restaurant they did provide a dessert to the diner whose meal didn’t appear, yet the rest of the table were excluded: rather odd.

With all the excellent restaurants available in Alassio, I will try others henceforth

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (312)

Reviewed May 15, 2019 via mobile

Delightful food and great service.
I had sea urchin linguine and it was the best pasta dish I have ever had!

Date of visit: May 2019
2  Thank Sydney8131
Reviewed March 26, 2019 via mobile

Not much to say appart from a big thank you to the Viola team for a memorable dinner. Friendly service, excellent food, great wine... just perfect experience.

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank LL06190
Reviewed September 30, 2018

Our first night in Alassio
our first meal
the best meal of our holiday
very friendly, helpful, excellent service.
Both the owner (?) and the waiter speak English,
We were more than satisfied !!

Not cheap but then you get what you pay for and
this was excellent value. We would recommend Viola to everyone !

Next time we go to Alassio
this will once again be the first place we eat !

grazie mille
Sue & Graham

Date of visit: September 2018
2  Thank grahamthemagseller
Reviewed April 17, 2018

We booked a Saturday evening dinner here as we were staying in a hotel where the food wasn’t the strong point. We were a little too early for the owner to be there to greet us, but he did so once he arrived. We started by sharing a seafood mixture, which contained tuna, anchovies, octopus, etc; it looked quite quirky, like a collection of sardine tins, but all the items were served cold. Before this we received an amuse bouche and some excellent bread. For mains I had ravioli and my husband had a sort of kidney casserole, then we finished off with a good tirimasu. Everything was fine, and fellow diners were pleasant and friendly, but for some reason I didn’t find it as relaxing as I’d hoped. Anyway, it’s clearly a very good restaurant which deserves its reputation.

Date of visit: April 2018