Can only re-iterate what everyone else says. We loved every minute of our stay and only regret not having been able to stay longer. Everything was perfect - the rooms, the hospitality, the breakfast, the location and views from the terrace out over the Agrigento landscape to the sea. As with many old palazzi the outside of the building doesn't do justice to the beauty of the interior. We were worried about parking given the contorted and narrow streets we drove through, but once we got to Piazza Lena we were helped to park and blood pressures returned to normal! Rooms are extremely comfortable, tastefully decorated and warm (was chilly enough outside at night in April). Francesco is a wonderful host and provided great advice on what to see, where to eat, anything at all that you want to know... He also plays a mean mazurka on the baby grand in the reception!
All in all if I'd to choose anywhere I've stayed to return to, this would be it.
I can't think of a single negative but I suppose it's worth noting that it might not suit travellers with mobility problems as there are a few flights of stairs to negotiate. (The staircase is broad and has a gentle gradient though.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The B&B Terrazze di Montelusa is the result of the renovation of a mansion belonging to our family since 1822 (Casa Messina Bonfiglio), in the historical center of Agrigento. We offer three larger bedrooms, one suite and one junior suite. All of them are furnished with style and equipped with air-conditioning, private bathrooms, TV, mini-bar, direct phone line and internet. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Terrazze Di Montelusa b&b
- Terrazze Di Montelusa Hotel Agrigento
- B&B Terrazze Di Montelusa Agrigento, Sicily, Italy