Several guide books that we read said there was nothing much to see in Agrigento aside from the Archeological Park and to avoid the city. What a mistake that would have been! Instead we chose to stay at Terrazze di Montelusa , right in the heart of the city and we are so glad we did.
Francesco was the best host! Although the hotel is hard to find, he was waiting for us outside when we arrived and personally found us a parking space, moving his car and directing us all the way. Out room was beautiful as was the restored-to-perfection building.
Before we went anywhere, Francesco gave us a history and map tour of the city and the building, showing us family pictures in his office. We really loved the elegance of the palazzo and the way Francesco has decorated it.
The room was so restful and beautifully appointed. The breakfast room and the food were great and Agrigento was a wonderful surprise. From the b and b, we walked to the downtown and toured the jewel-like opera house. The bus to the Archeological Park was in walking distance. Francesco gave us directions and hints every day that enhanced our enjoyment of the area.
The Park is so spectacular that we were awe-struck and remain so when we look at our pictures from our terrific visit. Do not skip Agrigento or Terrazze di Montelusa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The B&B Terrazze di Montelusa is the result of the renovation of a mansion belonging to our family since 1822 (Casa Messina Bonfiglio), in the historical center of Agrigento. We offer three larger bedrooms, one suite and one junior suite. All of them are furnished with style and equipped with air-conditioning, private bathrooms, TV, mini-bar, direct phone line and internet. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Terrazze Di Montelusa b&b
- Terrazze Di Montelusa Hotel Agrigento
- B&B Terrazze Di Montelusa Agrigento, Sicily, Italy