All reviews the main street charming b b via etnea the owner carry bags detailed directions balcony overlooking minute walk convenient location comfortable bed evita hosts valley accommodation artistically
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This B&B is beautifully decorated throughout and our room was no exception. I loved the little breakfast room, and breakfast was delicious (you pre-order your 'cornetto' the night before - I had pistacchio which was divine). Breakfast also consists of a delicious array of other treats: cereal, cake, fruit, yogurt, bread and jam, cheese and ham etc, and of course coffee. The location of the B&B is great - right off the main street of Agrigento. Would love to stay again if I'm ever back in Agrigento.

Room tip: Room 1 is nice but it is right by the front door (so you hear the noise of other guests entering the premises, and any noise at reception). Also it only has a skylight in the roof (no window), and at night it was a bit noisy coming through the skylight - not sure if there was a street or something near the skylight outside, and the noise from the street came in through the skylight (or something like that).
Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Very pleasant and comfortable B&B, with imaginative interior design, fluent English-speaking staff, most welcoming place. The kitchen is not available to use by guests, but still they let us use it to prepare meals for out 3-year-old daughter. The room was a bit dark, as they are in most Sicilian B&Bs, but this was not a problem for us as the room was so beautifuly furnished and we were out most of the time.

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We felt at home as soon as we arrived! The lady at the front desk spoke English well and was very accommodating. The decor was antique-chic and I was taking notes on tips to decorate my own home. Very comfy room especially since we found this place in my Italy Lonely Planet book after leaving another B&B closer to the water / promenade because the room was cold and uncomfortable. Camere a Sud is located directly in the middle of town just off the main street among some nice shops. I would highly recommend it and will go back when I have more visitors in town.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I recently had the absolute pleasure of staying at Camere A Sud , my experience with B&B prior to this stay was limited, and what a wonderful surprise, the girls are help full, caring , the accommodation is clean and very comfortable and in a fantastic location.

All I can say is dont miss the chance, its worth it.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights at the beginning of October. We followed our instructions and found the B & B easily enough. The welcome was nice and the manager spoke good English. Our room was on the first floor - the room had obviously been converted from more than one small room as there was an odd pillar beside the bed. Our main problem with the room was that the only window was a rooflight in the ceiling which made the small room seem claustrophobic - fine for sleeping in and that is all. Breakfast was not the best we had in a B & B in Sicily but it was perfectly adequate. We spent 15 nights staying at 7 different B & Bs, agriturismos and hotels, and this was the only one which did not meet our expectations.

Date of stay: October 2012