“Beautiful place, excellent location, great breakfast”
Review of Camere a Sud

Camere a Sud
Ranked #14 of 228 Agrigento B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Excellent place to stay in Agrigento!

This is the typical B&B that makes you feel at home, with the owner coming in the morning to prepare breakfast, the staff welcoming you at arrival sharing personal advice where to go for dinner, for ice-cream, etc. The place is very nicely decorated; it feels very personal which is exactly what we look for in boutique hotels or guesthouses.

Breakfast is excellent: you order your home made croissant the night before and on top there other delicious treats: cereal, cake, fruit, yogurt, bread and jam, cheese and ham etc.

Location is perfect, just off the main street in the centre of Agrigento.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This B&B is beautifully decorated throughout and our room was no exception. I loved the little breakfast room, and breakfast was delicious (you pre-order your 'cornetto' the night before - I had pistacchio which was divine). Breakfast also consists of a delicious array of other treats: cereal, cake, fruit, yogurt, bread and jam, cheese and ham etc, and of course coffee. The location of the B&B is great - right off the main street of Agrigento. Would love to stay again if I'm ever back in Agrigento.

Room Tip: Room 1 is nice but it is right by the front door (so you hear the noise of other guests entering the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Very pleasant and comfortable B&B, with imaginative interior design, fluent English-speaking staff, most welcoming place. The kitchen is not available to use by guests, but still they let us use it to prepare meals for out 3-year-old daughter. The room was a bit dark, as they are in most Sicilian B&Bs, but this was not a problem for us as the room was so beautifuly furnished and we were out most of the time.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We felt at home as soon as we arrived! The lady at the front desk spoke English well and was very accommodating. The decor was antique-chic and I was taking notes on tips to decorate my own home. Very comfy room especially since we found this place in my Italy Lonely Planet book after leaving another B&B closer to the water / promenade because the room was cold and uncomfortable. Camere a Sud is located directly in the middle of town just off the main street among some nice shops. I would highly recommend it and will go back when I have more visitors in town.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I recently had the absolute pleasure of staying at Camere A Sud , my experience with B&B prior to this stay was limited, and what a wonderful surprise, the girls are help full, caring , the accommodation is clean and very comfortable and in a fantastic location.

All I can say is dont miss the chance, its worth it.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights at the beginning of October. We followed our instructions and found the B & B easily enough. The welcome was nice and the manager spoke good English. Our room was on the first floor - the room had obviously been converted from more than one small room as there was an odd pillar beside the bed. Our main problem with the room was that the only window was a rooflight in the ceiling which made the small room seem claustrophobic - fine for sleeping in and that is all. Breakfast was not the best we had in a B & B in Sicily but it was perfectly adequate. We spent 15 nights staying at 7 different B & Bs, agriturismos and hotels, and this was the only one which did not meet our expectations.

1  Thank 715CarmenS
Reviewed October 21, 2012

In september 2012, I spend four nights at Camere a Sud and it was absolutely the right decision. My room with bath was clean, spacious and lovely equiped. The breakfast was tasty, especially the cornetti, and because it was served form 8 to 10, I was flexible, when I wanted to get up and start the day. If I needed an information, I could ask Elvira in the morning and also in the afternoon somebody was there. Another helpful service in this context was the internet-point at the B&B. One special highlight for me was the roof teracce, where I sat often at the end of the day for relaxing and recapitulating the things I had seen.
In my case, one important argument for choosing this place was the central position of Camere A Sud in the historical part of the City. So I had short ways to the Train station and the Bus Station and when I got out of the B&B, I was direct at the via atenea. This was very practically, when I needed something form the supermarket in the afternoon or when I wanted to take a caffé. It was an advantage in the evening too, because I could reach different restaurants and bars by feed without any problem. In summary, I had a great time at Agrigento and I already think about returning next vear!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo