What we liked:
- The hotel is conveniently located for visiting the Valley of the Temples in Agrigento - we parked the car in the hotel car park and didn't touch it again until we left. You can walk to the site entrance (about 1km walk to the nearest entrance - only downside is that sometimes there is no pavement so you have to be very careful with the traffic). You can also catch a public bus near the hotel entrance (we used this to get back up to the hotel after finishing the sightseeing).
- The receptionist was very helpful and welcoming and provided us with good information to make the most of our visit.
- The restaurant offered good food and very good service.
- The rooms are old fashioned but good size and comfortable. Nice toiletries.
What needs improvement:
- The hotel is very hard to find (even with navigator). The signage needs to be improved: the signs are there but totally unnoticeable.
- The lift was a bit slow
Tip to find the property: the hotel is around a corner at the top of the valley of the temples. There are two roads that converge from both entrances of the historic site which go up hill towards the city. The hotel is at the intersection of these two roads (Via Panoramica dei Templi & via Passeggiata Archelogica) just at the entrance of Agrigento.
Link to Google Map: http://goo.gl/maps/yqWjY
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in a lush park overlooking the Valley of the Temples and the sea, the Colleverde Park Hotel welcomes guests with a calm and elegant atmosphere. Just a few minutes from the historic centre and the archaeological area, and only 6 km from the beaches. Colleverde Park Hotel is a place where one can contemplate a landscape that embraces nature, sea and culture. Immersed in a lush park overlooking the Valley of the Temples and the sea, the Colleverde Park Hotel is ready to welcome you into its calm and elegant atmosphere. This historic dependance of the first Jolly Hotel of Agrigento was bought and renovated by the Sinatra family and over the years has become the Colleverde Park Hotel; a modern and comfortable four star hotel successfully combining the traditional tastes and the advantages of innovation. The cozy and elegant hall, embellished by fine 19th Century Sicilian ceramics and furniture offers a Wi-Fi area for high speed wireless internet connection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Colleverde Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colleverde Park Agrigento
- Hotel Colleverde Park
- Colleverde Park Hotel Agrigento, Sicily, Italy