All reviews watch tower historic hotel lovely courtyard medieval tower tower room inner courtyard overlooking the valley an oasis charming place decent size ancient greek temples on site restaurant spiral staircase lamb chops pasta rooms are comfortable spectacular views
Reviewed August 9, 2018

My wife and I spent only one night at this delightful hotel in July. Our experience was fantastic, the hotel offers a beautiful garden setting with views of the temples. The restaurant meal was exceptional and unexpected with a great wine list. The hotel was situated in a quiet country setting with the room we booked having a balcony with views of the temple complex. We will certainly be back to spent more time at this delightful hotel, Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2018

I call this an oasis because outside of the mile or so radius of the hotel there are heaps of trash and other debris piled up on the side of the road. Obviously this is not the responsibility of the hotel nor does it effect my rating but I thought is was worth mentioning to others looking to roam around the city.

As for the B&B its beautiful from the huge doors at the entrance to the manicured grounds with views of the Valley of the Temples.

The rooms were clean and roomy. The staff in general was very pleasant and accommodating though there seemed to be an air of pretentiousness to some of the Front Desk staff and while pleasant there lacked a bit of truthfulness to it.

The breakfast was the best we had in the 9 hotels we stayed in during our trip. The staff was attentive and one woman in particular (i wish I remembered her name) had a real refreshing "down to earth" personality.

There is a restaurant onsite with very unique and specialized in local cuisine. We even mistakenly had donkey! Choices are limited for children IMO.
Apparently the chef is highly regraded and appeared to strike fear in the servers. When we were unable to finish a couple of dishes the server looked frightened and said she was afraid to bring it back into the kitchen because the chef would be mad. Now I understand a good chef takes pride in his work but it mad us feel guilty that we couldn't finish the dish.

WIFI was just ok.

Valley of the Temples was a mere 5-10 minute drive and beaches within 15-20.

I would definitely recommend it

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2018

I stayed with my family for a week, and was sad to leave. Comfortable rooms in a lovely hotel, steeped in history and nestled in lovely gardens, with spectacular views of ancient Greek temples. Dinner was superb - Michelin territory. The staff were amazing throughout. Attentive, friendly, helpful, nothing too much trouble. Really good value for money. I will be back. As soon as possible.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Jason T
Reviewed July 22, 2018

Everything you want in a hotel. Great food, friendly and very good service and a beautiful location with its own lovely garden. But the highlight was when they moved a large table into the salon so that we could gave dinner and watch the World Cup. And commiserated when we lost.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the tower for he best views
Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed July 13, 2018

This hotel had amazing and beautiful details. Everywhere you looked there were beautiful flower pots, unique art and other eye candy. It felt to me like a work of love. We were in the tower and while the rooms were very nice, they could use new mattresses (only improvement required). Contrary to other reviews, I thought the service was very good and the welcome information was very thorough with all the information we needed. The hotel arranged a private tour for us and directed us to a wonderful spot for lunch. The restaurant was a bit ambitious, but could not have been a more beautiful setting overlooking the Valley of the Temples.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family