Stayed here for 3 nights with a group, and noticed quite a few other groups, but it didn't have a large groups feel to it. Ramp as well as steps at entrance, good for hauling luggage! Beautiful, well-maintained garden. Solo, but had double room which was fine, overlooking garden with distant view of Valley of Temples, no noise, and I appreciated the wooden floors. Bathroom perfectly clean and mildew-free! (Beds and pillows in Italy generally are harder than we are used to, though the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in was in Taormina)
No air-conditioning in early May, which seems general in Italy. and although the weather had just changed from cool rain, it was hot when we were there.
The pool was being cleaned and was in theory closed. Again a bit annoying because of the heat. You are supposed to have a swimming cap and flip-flops, obtainable at the pool bar (also closed at the time) but I think that is a health and safety requirement of municipalities in Italy, not of the hotel.
The bartender was delightful and attentive. Evening meals were good, though desserts were nothing special, with a choice between two dishes for each course.(Could be different if you're travelling independently) One night we had a very nice risotto with pancetta and pistachio (and very nice Sant'Agostino Chardonnay one night, Nero d'Avola the next. I recommend Sant'Agostino wines from previous tastings). I thought breakfasts were good even though the coffee machine was a bit temperamental. They had Earl Grey teabags. Hooray!! a good choice of breakfast foods, appreciated the sliced tomatoes with my scrambled egg, lovely light brown bread.
We walked into Agrigento town, and also the Valley of the Temples, though it's a bit of a slog uphill on the return journey.
Very useful large supermarket two minutes from the hotel, to the right, pharmacy in group of shops to the left.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming four-star hotel, the Hotel della Valle offers its guests all the benefits of being at the center of everything. Located in a quiet and elevated position, close to the historic center of Agrigento, the Valley of the Temples, and the clear blue sea and coastline. The hotel offers its customers a perfect combination of panoramic views of the Valley of the Temples and easy access to major places of interest thanks to its proximity to main roads. In addition to basic services - Reception 24 hours a day, fast Check-in and Check-out, and Luggage Storage - Hotel della Valle offers its guests a number of useful services on request: laundry and ironing services, breakfast in your room, Internet WI-FI, Fax / Copier, newspapers, 1 extra bed or cot, baby sitter.Completing the range of services on request you may wish to: enjoy spa treatments in the hotel Wellness Center, take advantage of shuttle bus services to a private beach with sun umbrellas and sun beds, join guided excursions, make use of a convenient connecting service directly to Catania, Palermo and Trapani airports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel della Valle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jolly Della Valle Agrigento
- Jolly Della Valle Hotel
- Hotel Della Valle Agrigento, Sicily, Italy