“Nice staff and very clean restaurant.”

Trattoria dei Templi
Ranked #14 of 247 Restaurants in Agrigento
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Nice staff and very clean restaurant.”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I walked from my hotel to this restaurant for a special meal. The staff were quiet but very friendly when they spoke to me. They made me feel welcome. The food was very tasty and exactly what I wanted. I saw staff serving wonderful fresh fish and sea food appetisers. Two of my tour arrived after me and they were quick to get them up to speed with my courses. My friends loved their meals too. It was a special celebration for me and they opened a bottle of cava during dessert for us as they overhead our toasts. Very kind of the restaurant. I would definitely eat here again.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank amandahep15

Washington DC
“"Tourist trap"”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Stale bread, dismissive service, bait and switch wine list, average food. What else could one ask for?

Visited May 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Better than expexted for a tourist spot”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Very nice fresh seafood pastas. Nice salads and great wine. In spite of a large group next door, wait staff responsive and food service was good.

Visited April 2012
New York City, New York
“Unassuming”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We stayed at the CPH and I had read about this place in a few articles. The restaurant and food are best characterized, based on my experience, as homey. The decor is very classic trattoria--meaning NOT fancy. The food to was NOT fancy but delicious-among the best we had in Sicily. My Pasta Siciliana was delicious, with a red sauce, swordfish and eggplant. My husband had squid and pasta and also loved them. I do not know if there are any 'fancy' restaurants in Agrigento, but this was a nice, acceptable, unassuming family run place. After a long day at the ruins, it was a nice place for Italian comfort food.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank JAMBrooklyn
London, United Kingdom
“Great food in modest surroundings”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I heard good things about this place,so I braved an approx. 3km walk from the archeological site to the restaurant,which looked pretty unassuming on the outside,and was fairly simple inside,too.The welcome was warm,though,and the food very good.The carpaccio of swordfish was fabulous,and looked good,too.The tagliarini pasta with scallops were good,too.Unfortunately,they had no half bottles of wine,so a glass of house wine had to do,and it was quite enjoyable.With a sorbet to follow,wine,and coffee, the total bill was just over 30 Euros,not bad for what I had.Although I arrived quite late for lunch,at around 2.30pm, service was very pleasant,and I was not rushed.I would go again,as there were quite a few interesting choices on the menu.

• Visited September 2011