“Top choice of restaurant”
Review of Expanificio

Expanificio
Ranked #37 of 281 Restaurants in Agrigento
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2018

On a recommendation from our B&B host, my wife and I had dinner at Expanifico during our stay in Agrigento. We arrived relatively early at 7:30pm just on opening, so were able to chose a table outside under the huge cover. Although it was mid-week, the restaurant got busy quickly and by 8:15pm the place was 75% full - a good recommendation to the food quality. The staff were very friendly and helpful explaining the menu. We chose the grilled chicken and the Sicilian veal rolls, accompanied by roasted potato and grilled vegetables, washed down with a couple of red wines. We had been travelling through Sardinia and Sicily for 3 weeks, and this meal was the best yet, and as it turned out, one of the best meals we had in our 8 weeks travel. Highly recommend having a meal at Expanificio if you are visiting Agrigento.

Date of visit: July 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (2,157)

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

After an exhausting but amazing day we came here on suggestion from our B&B, and were so very happy we did!! Everything was perfect starting with the beef carpaccio...oh my! And I had pacchere with a roasted red pepper light cream sauce with zucchini and sausage, my husband had spaghetti con vognole. I cannot put into words how truly sublime our meal was. If we had more time I would without question come back!!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 31, 2018

Our B+B host recommended this place. It was good without being memorable. He had also recommended Opera, which was an absolute delight. I would opt for the latter.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed August 28, 2018

We've been here with the family, we enjoyed the stay very much. The personnel is great and service fast. Prices are very good and food was very nice!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018

We landed in Sicily, and after a night at the wonderful Mandaranova hotel, we visited Agrigento on our way to Menfi. By luck we stopped by a beautiful church, and just underneath was Expanifico, the restaurant. It was our first restaurant visit in Sicily, and we all agree, it was the best. The caponata was fantastic, and the fresh tuna was delicious. My daughter had the pasta with pistachio pesto - it was incredible. The service was professional and helpful. A wonderful experience.

Date of visit: July 2018