“Solid choice, largely because of location, value for money, and staff”
Review of Atenea 191

Atenea 191
Ranked #139 of 225 Agrigento B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Atenea 191 is probably not the most charming place one can stay in Sicily (although the management's fondness for abstract art lends it a certain personality), and can even be bit haphazard, but the staff is well-meaning, ever ready to go the extra mile for guests (including helping us out of a laundry jam!). That alone would make it worth a recommendation, but then there's the location, right in the heart of the town of Agrigento, and a 10-30 minute walk from its historic churches. I would have given it 4 stars were I not comparing it to the superb B&Bs we'd stayed at in eastern Siciliy's Baroque towns; it might well be a 4 if Agrigento is the frame of reference.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Umair M

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We arrived at the end of siesta and in the middle of car chaos but the magnificent Anna came with me and helped me find a place to park the car. Despite what 2 previous reviews have said our rooms were clean and the breakfast was good. We originally only intended to stay for one night but were so impressed we stayed for another. While we were there they were in the process of hanging a whole bunch of painting by a local artist in addition to a number of photographs. Each room will shortly have it's own theme, consequently it is far from drab. It is also right in the middle of the town and handy for lots of things.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank andy b
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Our feeling about Agrigento wasn't great and the B&B contributed to that. The place is dark and quite gloomy, although clean. Lots of reds and golds with painted doors and ceilings - perhaps just not to my taste. The downstairs breakfast room was full of velvet, poorly lit and smelt of smoke. Breakfast was as described below (simple but fine). It was served on the terrace - but the view isn't all that wonderful. We booked in on the spot and regretted not checking trip advisor but I am suprised to see that the reviews are good!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RosieFBW
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were disappointet with our stay in Atenea 191, above all because there was a lack of cleanliness, our bathroom was full of hair of our antecessors. We were also disappointed with the breakfast that was ratter poor, first day there was just 2 cornettos that were not fresh anymore and 3 small pieces of bread (for 2 persons), second day there was some additional yogurt with cereals. The view from the terrace is beautiful, and the location of the hostel in the center of the city is very good.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bernesa
Reviewed May 23, 2013

En el centro de agrigento, fantástico personal, limpio barato y con unas vistas expléndidas! Se puede pasear por toda la ciudad y llegar a los templos y a la playa es muy fácil desde allí.
Is in the downtown, the workers are amazing, is clean cheap and nice views. From the hotel you can have a walk around all the city, and arrive th the temples and the beach is really easy from there

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank angelcorbacho
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I never write reviews but I feel this place deserves one. I loved it from the moment I arrived. From the minute I walked through the door from the street. The effort that has been taken to make this beautiful is apparent straight away. Even the hallway is lovely. The rooms are stunning, spotlessly clean, beautifully decorated with painted doors, wonderful views, and a fantastic living area with free WiFi. My room was close enough to pick up the WiFi. Frederica who runs the B&B is so lovely that it just feels like you are talking with a friend. She loves the B&B and therefore has pride in it and keeps it perfect. She is a lovely person happy to help with anything, she helped me for two hours trying to book somewhere in Palermo, making calls and telling me which areas to go. The owner is a pure gentleman who was so helpful when I was catching a bus. Simply nothing is too much for them and they go beyond their duty to deliver a first class stay and making it one of the nicest places I have stayed, and I travel for work. In fact I was really disappointed to have to leave as it's the kind of place you can chill out and feel at home. So important when you are travelling. This is more a boutique hotel without a restaurant rather than a B&B. Price is so good for what you get. Book this and you will not regret it, but beware you may not want to leave. Room was very quiet too. My only tip would be to watch the numbers on left hand side of the road not the right otherwise you walk to far when looking for it.

Room Tip: All lovely rooms!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AnonCalne
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I went to B&B Atenea 191 for a 2 night stay with my host family on our trip to Agrigento. The decoration of the room and also the inner decoration of the building was very artistic. Especially the room was simply wonderful. Also not to forget about the Sea view from the building, it was mesmerizing.
The location is very strategic and convenient because it is situated in the central. Its very near to the Valley of Temples.
To me the breakfast is simple but would do.
So in conclusion I am very satisfied with the service and also the hospitality. For sure I will go back if there's chance.
It's perfect for one that has not too high expectations.
Thanks Federica ;)