“NICE PLACE BUT MASSAGE DISAPPOINTMENT”

Centro Benessere Spa Il Lago Delle Sorgenti
Fossano, Italy
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“NICE PLACE BUT MASSAGE DISAPPOINTMENT”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Yesterday my husband and I needed some relaxing time and this spa was a fantastic place for that! I was impressed with the facility and cleanliness, the 40 degree natural pool, jacuzzis and sauna outside. An awesome place to spend an afternoon in Acqui.

If I must comment on a few disappointments I would say that the 2 pools inside lacked powerful jets. They were very weak and there were very few of them, often near your feet. The neck massage giant faucet was not strong enough either to feel any effect. The same was true with the jacuzzis

We ended our beautiful day with two mud massages which we heard were their specialty. We both went there because we really needed to get all those knots out of our backs and necks and unfortunately the mud massage was a total disappointment. Relaxing but we felt a little ripped off for the price, and for a very "superficial" massage lasting for out 20 minutes. Then they left us in there for what seemed like another 15 minutes wrapped in very uncomfortable positions. My husbands neck was distorted as he was trapped in a plastic wrap because they had no spaces or forehead rests as I have always had for massages in other places. The last 15 minutes were for rinsing off in the shower. I understand if this was supposed to me more of a meditative hour, but it must be very clear in the description. We thought we would get a 45 minute actual massage. Our friends were very happy with their "relaxing" massage which was actually very thorough... we came home with stiffer necks than before we went...

All in all a great place, but wouldn't recommend the mud massage and don't expect the jets to get out those knots!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank winesavi

Savona, Italy
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 181 helpful votes
“A PERFECT SPA WHERE TO RELAX”
Reviewed June 21, 2011

If you want to spend some excellent time in a clean, modern SPA this is the place. You will enjoy everything you need to recover from stress, either for an afternoon or for a longer stay. The area is in low Piemonte, a fantastic Italian region producting good food and good wine, there you can combine relax with good food. Acqui Terme, an elegant small town, is just 3 minutes drive from the SPA. In Acqui Terme you will taste the true meaning of a small Italian city, with little bars and fantastic trattorias. It's worth trying. And the sea of Liguria is not too far!

Visited June 2011