Stayed at the Mioni Pezzato last weekend. The hotel wasn't quite what I was expecting - our accommodation was booked via Acitvitybreak.com - which included the standard room option. The room was quite small and dark compared with the modern hallway. We then discovered the shutters and the room seemed much brighter and the floral wallpaper added a bit of character.
Some of the hotel is refurbished and the rest still retains some 1930's grandeur. The reception staff were efficient but sometimes quite abrupt. On arrival we were not informed that of the 5 welllness pools advertised - 2 were closed for maintenance, which was disappointing but the other pools were GREAT, with plenty of sun loungers. It would have been nice to do a proper Thermal Circuit but this wasn't available. The Tea Rose spa centre is definitely the main attraction and offers a comprehensive selection of treatments although some are quite expensive.
It's mid-season at the moment so it was nice to find the hotel not fully booked. Most of the other guests were either Italian, German or French. We found if staff didn't understand English, that we could still converse in German or French. There were hardly any other Brits there. Also most of the guests were middle-aged or older, some with families and a small handful of couples.
The breakfast buffet was ok - with a good selection available - mainly a continental breakfast choice but with some eggs and bacon available. We only stayed on a B&B basis and managed to find good pizzerias for dinner in the evenings.
There is an activity programme posted to the notice board, but ddin't see anything take place. When we did sign up for a 45min walk around Abano, we found out that the guide was actually on holiday and we weren't told. There is a tennis court available and also lots of bikes to hire.
Abano is pretty quiet and a good place for R&R. Shops are mainly closed during the siesta period 12-4pm and are usually closed on Sundays. My friend and I only stayed for 3 days but found the break quite chilled. Be warned that this isn't a location for anyone looking for big nights out. We liked the Mioni Pezzato and would go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staying at the Hotel Mioni Pezzato & SPA means "living the history" of Abano Terme, a hot springs spa among the oldest in Europe.Ever since Giovanni Mioni, in 1906, modernized the therapeutic use of hot spring water and mud baths, the Mioni Pezzato hotel is synonymous of tradition and prestige in the panorama of a health resort.Jewel of the Hotel Mioni Pezzato, the new sections of the Tea Rose center, where treatments based on traditional mud bath therapy, covered by national health services, are combined with a surprising universe of wellness treatments.The five hot spring pools, with varied temperatures (around 1,000 square meters of water surface), can satisfy every need: fun, sports, relaxation, post-traumatic rehabilitation.The elegant features of the rooms, the well-known tradition cuisine, and the expanse of the private park, are the ideal setting for a strikingly enjoyable and regenerating holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, HRS, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Mioni Pezzato reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Terme Mioni Pezzato Abano
- Terme Mioni Pezzato Hotel