“Great Thermal Spa hotel in a small town, old-school charm, great service”
Review of Abano Grand Hotel

Abano Grand Hotel
Ranked #4 of 62 Hotels in Abano Terme
New York
“Great Thermal Spa hotel in a small town, old-school charm, great service”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

My husband found this hotel for the sake of their thermal spa pool. The hotel is an old-school charm. Although we are only in our 30s, this place makes you feel like you are back to 1960's and nothing has changed.

The hotel staff are very friendly and they are all very attentive. You can't compare this with any modern hotel that you stayed at, it is just not so easy to find a place like this which stay where they were and I think their guests really like it.

We went to the thermal pools a few times and it was just so enjoyable, the pools were huge and there were not a lot of guests, so we were all just playing and chilling while we were there with our one year old. Everyone was so happy.

We got an all-inclusive package, which breakfast lunch and dinner were all included. We never made it to breakfast and lunch, but the dinner was quite good/ interesting.

We might come back to this place in we are in town. Their staff went extra miles to get things done!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Luxship
Francesco A, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Abano Grand Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Dear Luxship,

I was very glad to hear that you had a great stay at the Abano Grand and absolutely delighted by your comments regarding our service, the pools and our Spa. Of course we like to stay where we were, why should we change the way that our Guests like!

We are looking forward to your next visit Thank you

Abano Grand Hotel Anti aging Thermal Spa
Managed by Fam. Borile

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

All treatments in the hotel are under the doctor control. Whic is you can not find always this service. Foods are perfect. Really large open buffet. I tried detox menu for one week. It was great. I lost 2 kilo in week and my skin quality is higher than before. All service are great, people are always smiling. Kind and elegant personal. Live music is an amazing. Im so happy to be here.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank didakocaomer
Dear didakocao,

Thank you for your great review, we are very proud of it.
You are right, our "Detox Program" is the most in demand and the real "gem" of our Anti-aging Spa!
Our diet menu, prepared by a team of dietician and targeted on the demand of every single Guest, together with the efficacy of our thermal treatments (that use the natural properties of thermal clay) are an excellent combination that guarantee excellent results. The parc, the swimming pools, the new Venice Spa are the perfect frame for enjoying the program.

It was for our Abano Grand Hotel a great honor having you among our Guests and we do hope to have you soon again here.

Abano Grand Hotel Anti-aging Thermal Spa

Roma
Reviewed April 8, 2014

As a tourism professional, I used to ‘theoretically’ knew the hotel and its SPA. The feedbacks from clients were always excellent and the amount of requests is always high.
But when I spent a weekend in this hotel, I couldn’t believe my eyes (and my senses).
The hotel is located near the Abano promenade, and it is enclosed in a very lovely and cozy garden, a very pleasant welcoming for guests.

The hall is what a 5*hotel-hall should look like. The hotel boasts a traditional style, yet not so ‘baroque’, thus it can be appreciated also by people preferring modern style (like me).

The rooms DELUXE PANORAMA are about 40 sq mt. I mean: 40 sq mt. In Italy. Do I need to say more? Do I need to remember the average size of Italian hotels’ rooms?
Add to this size a terrace and a super marbled bathroom, fully equipped.

The American buffet breakfast is perfect. Actually ALL the meals are made to please clients’ tastebuds and dietetic necessities. The staff is always present but never annoying, and NOT ONLY in the restaurant.

The SPA is one of the most complete I’ve seen during my travels and my working experience. It is a medical-oriented SPA, anyway. Very very remarkable, the VIP cabin.

Pools are superbe, the external ones have the standard hydromassage devicesm and are surrounded by the garden. Please notice that they are building a new wing for the SPA, so we can expect even better from the SPA.

Maybe my opinion and my review are influenced by the SPA treatments, but what can I say? Just TOP NOTCH.

When planning a SPA retreat don’t even bother to choose – Abano Terme Grand Hotel is in the TOP five SPA hotel sin Italy. You can’t go wrong.

Room Tip: DOUBLE DELUXE PANORAMA is a super money/value choice
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DrThomasRoma
Francesco A, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Abano Grand Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Guest

We are absolutely delighted to read that you had a great stay at the Abano Grand and we thank you for mentioning it on Tripadvisor. Your positive comments on our large rooms with view , our gourmet restaurant and our Spa, with its exclusive treatments, prove us that "quality pays for itself" as Mr. Borile always says.
Please do contact me directly upon your next visit, we are already looking forward to welcome you back.

Abano Grand Hotel Anti-aging Thermal Spa
GB Thermae Hotel
Paris, France
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We come back to Abano and to the Grand Hotel at least once a year every year.
The most important factor which makes us keep coming back to the hotel is the hotel staff. It is always the same face. It gives us more reasons and great pleasure to come back to the grand hotel and see our old friends.

This time we could not greet Renzo personally who was on a well-deserved vacation, but Domenico gave us warm welcoming-home feelings.

Now I will point out some things that need to be improved, because we would like to keep coming back to this hotel for the next 10 or 20 years.

1. Hair dryer......as a 5 star plus "L" hotel you cannot offer your guests a vacuum cleaner looking hair dryer from 1970's. It gets hot, before the hair is dry, if you have a long hair.

2. Please, please provide good quality amenity goods. This time the shampoo and conditioner were the worst quality which I have ever got at any hotel in the world. You cannot save money here. The guests go swimming, wash hairs everyday and before every dinner. My hair looked awful this time because of your shampoos.

3. Library, a quiet room where hotel guests can read books on a comfortable chair is needed. We were there for a week, and it rained everyday. For the first two or three days, the chairs in the swimming pool area were all occupied. I went down to the Lobby to read a book, but it was too cold and too dark, and the music was too loud in the bar area. The room was also too dark to read a book this time.

4. We heard mobile phone ringing also in Spa area. It is not nice.

Otherwise, we enjoyed nice piano music during the dinner and live music and a fashion show after the dinner in the bar area. Excellent food as always, polite and hard working and friendly staffs, nice thermal swimming pools, spacious hotel room, very pleasant caring fango staffs.

This time our big Thank You goes to Domenico who took care of us and Robert who helped us to pick up local wines. Also to the restaurant manager with glasses who re-recognized us immediately right after our arrival, arranged seating for us and gave us Welcome Back feelings.

Fino alla prossima volta!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Hermeslover2013
Francesco A, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Abano Grand Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Hermeslov,

thank you for your excellent comment posted on Tripadvisor, we thank you even more for
your suggestions, we like very much when our Guests use a sane criticism in order to help us manteining and even improving our standard . By the way we are glad to inform you that we have a new " courtesy line"!

We are looking forward to your next visit, Renzo and Domenico are waiting for you soon!
Yours sincerely

Abano grand Hotel Anti-aging Thermal Spa
New York
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I am almost hesitant to write a review of the Abano Grand Hotel. I really don't want people to know how exceptional a place it is, as I am afraid once more people discover it I will never be able to afford to go or get a reservation. This is the greatest hotel I have ever stayed in and I have stayed in many spectacular places. If you are equating spa with rabbit food then you are at the wrong place, 5 course meals, white glove service. Delicious. Incredible buffet breakfasts with an omelet station. The staff are beyond amazing which is why they deserve their 5*L ranking. Our only complaint was the sauna temperature bedrooms which we just couldn't seem to get them to turn the temperature down. Maybe that is how they get us to lose weight after gorging ourselves on the incredible food. I had read online that you did not have to dress for dinner and that is wrong, we were definitely out of place in our jeans and sweatshirts and yes there were a few tuxes and long dresses but most of the women wore cocktail attire or pant suits, the men had jackets. There are just not enough words to describe the beauty, the service and sheer elegance of the Abano Grand Hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear TEliasov,

Thank you for taking the time of sharing your Abano Grand experience on Tripadvisor and for underlining the main characteristics of our hotel:
- a great brand , internationally well known, guarantee of high quality service,
- a great location, close to Venice and Verona, but at the same time far from the vibe of tourist areas
- great food
- excellent value for money
- the Anti-aging Spa, our gem, where you feel rejuvenated and you never would leave

We are waiting for your next Abano Grand Experience!

Abano Grand Hotel-Anti-aging Thermal Spa
GB Thermae Hotels Srl
San Genesio Atesino, Italy
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We spent three nights at the Abano Grand Hotel in December. We would normally stay in a more contemporary hotel but we felt that it offered the best thermal pools in the area.
Rooms: we stayed in a Deluxe Panorama room facing the gardens. The room was grand and spacious and there was a chandelier hanging over the bed. The bed was very comfortable and they provided high quality linen. The room was kept spotlessly clean and we felt like we were sleeping in fresh sheets every night. The bathroom was beautiful with a separate shower and bath. My only criticism would be that they still only provide a hair dryer attached to the wall which was old and didn’t work particularly well. We complained about this and were immediately provided with a normal hair dryer.
Food and restaurant: the main dining room was beautiful and the service was impeccable. The food was excellent. My partner has a food allergy and we found them to be very accommodating. Breakfast is in another dining room on the first floor. It is much smaller but we found it to be very good and the breakfast buffet was excellent. Eggs are cooked at your request.
Thermal pools: the pools were fantastic. The massage jets were heavenly and the whole experience was unbelievably relaxing. The area where the lounges are was kept extremely neat and clean.
Service: the service as this hotel was first class.
We didn't have any treatments.
If you are looking for a modern hotel then this certainly is not the hotel for you.
We had a wonderful and relaxing few days and I can highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fabrizio P
Gloucester, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Of all the hotels world-wide, the Abano Grand Hotel is by far the most welcoming that we have stayed in. I know after12 or 13 visits, the hotel staff might remember my face... but they remember my name and on top of that, the waitstaff actually comes over to shake my hand and say welcome back! That is customer service! Our dining room waiter was fun, very friendly, fast and yet respectful at the same time.The food is exceptional: extensive salad bar at lunch and dinner; desert table to knock your socks off (or at least your waist line) and a cheese board with 9-10 selections. Last time, looking for something to criticize which was hard to find, I commented negatively about the sushi. This time the extravagant Saturday night buffet had sushi that would have made Jiro proud (if you know the reference)! The hotel constantly improves upon its facility. This trip I noticed that one of the outdoor heated swimming pools had two waterfalls to massage your neck and shoulders, plus several individual jacuzzi areas that you could swim up to. You need to put this hotel on y our bucket list as you will not be disappointed in any way!!

Room Tip: we haven't found a room that we didn't like, but this time we had a mini suit with two full...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business