Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 04/23/21
Free cancellation until 04/23/21
Priceline
Free cancellation until 04/22/21
Booking.com$169
eDreams$169
Trip.com$277
All reviews high quality spent days the hotel staff take advantage minute drive this wonderful hotel star hotel junior suite old fashioned spa treatments pools illness giuseppe wellbeing gym arthritis relaxation
Selected filters
Reviewed October 5, 2014

My second visit: despite complaining about demolition noise, which went on into the early evening - the droning is even audible by the pool - reception could only suggest me moving a couple of rooms up the same corridor, which wouldn't have made any difference, or paying more for a higher category of room. Not very clever customer relations. I felt aggrieved that I, the guest, should have to pay the price for their investment in upgrading their facilities. A basket of fruit or an aperitif would have been a cheap way of appeasing me.
As before the treatments were outstanding, despite the rather unglamorous treatment areas. The ladies are really first class at their jobs.
And the lovely restaurant staff made every mealtime a pleasure.

Room tip: Ask about construction noise
Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank drogo
Reviewed September 26, 2014

This hotel is one of the GB group which dominates Abano Terme quality spa hotels. The hotel is decorated in the style of the 50s and 60s but the common areas and pools have been keep looking fresh and new. The room was very clean and spacious with a large balcony overlooking the hotel garden and beyond pedestrian centre of the town. If you choose to come to Abano it must be for the spa water pools and the three large pools at this hotel are all big, hot and have multiple massage jets, you will not be disappointed. There is also an excellent new steam room to enjoy.
We stayed on half board terms (full board is available) and the evening meals were excellent. 4 courses (with multiple choices) plus a salad buffet so that even I as a “fussy” eater managed at least 3 course plus a salad per night. Portions were not overly big but with so many courses the meal was more than adequate. At this point I'll break one of my reviewing rules which is never to mention individual members of staff because Rocco who was our waiter for 4 of the 5 nights was worthy or real praise. Under Rocco's control course after course arrived just on time with minimum of fuss and was attentive, cheerful and hard working. In general the hotel staff were polite and responsive, the hotel seems well run.
Now for the down side if you like a quiet life. We chose the hotels location in the pedestrian area of the town because last year we stayed at a hotel with a 10 to 15 minute walk to get there. At night the centre really livens up with bars and cafes and posh shops open until 9pm or later. What we hadn't noticed was the (very) loud music that was played in the square opposite, some nights past midnight. On more than one occasion we had a amplified street seller of Peruvian pipe music (usually Sound of silence ironically) being nearly drowned out by an even louder rendition of Let It Be from the bar opposite. If this had stopped at 10 or 11pm that would have been just annoying but on two of our 5 nights it went on until midnight. This I know is beyond the hotels control but here I have my only criticism of the hotel, the level of sound proofing was not high enough and even if it was the lack of effective air conditioning meant we needed to open the windows anyway.
So would I stay here again, YES for the food, YES for the pools, YES for the staff but I would need to know that I had a quiet room not facing the street or indeed the hotels own nightclub at the side of the hotel. (by the way the mark down of this hotel is all about the street noise, the rest is 5 out of 5)

Room tip: Don't get a room looking over the pedestrian area if you want a quiet night.
Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank CD753
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

This is our fourth stay at this hotel and it's just gets better and better, the bedrooms and ensuites have been refurbished since our last stay which was needed as they were looking tired ( a bit suprised to see they used laminate and not wood for the floors) the food is excellent as is the service and the pools are lovely and warm, see you next year

Date of stay: June 2014
1  Thank 12peter1956
GBThermaeHotels, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Hotel Trieste & Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your kind review, we are very happy to know that our guests can find in our hotel the right place for their rest.
Our hotels are always evolving, and we like to give our guests something new every year!
Thank you once again for taking your time and choosing us for your vacation, we are waiting for welcoming you again. Best regards.

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

This was our 2nd stay at this hotel. It has the charm of an old grand hotel from a different century. Huge chandeliers, thick rugs, antique furniture. Very classy. Its worth to book full board since the food is just amazing. Breakfast is average, but lunch and dinner is fantastic.
The pools are thermal water and beautiful. Spending the day in the garden gave me the feeling of Hollywood in the 60's. All the flowers, palms, gingko trees etc.
We had a room in the old (but renovated) building. Very spacious and clean.
Most of the other guest are seniors and people, who have been going there for years.
Two things: The hotel is focussing on the eldely guests. Sometimes you get the feeling that families are not really welcome. Some guests made upsetting comments towards my kids.
The other thing, the hotel is advertising as a 5 star house.
From my perspective its a 4 star max.
We had a good time, but won't go back with kids again.
Perfect place when you are over 80 years old.

Date of stay: July 2014
1  Thank Tokyowife
GBThermaeHotels, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Hotel Trieste & Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear guest,
I ‘m very thankful for the nice word and compliments you write about our hotel.
I try in cooperation with my staff to make the best of every for every clients because we wish to
make them feel in our “house”.
As you write, being the Trieste & Victoria a historical hotel, we have many guests coming since more than 20 years for the summer Holiday . A lot of international families coming from all around the world meets in this period in our hotel ; some of them with children some other without , that’s why I’m surprised; there is always a good atmosphere between our guests of all ages.
We welcome families, of course , in the same time we keep the relaxing atmosphere that our guests are looking for!
I’m sorry that we have been unable to control guest’s comments, we did not notice that there was something unpleasant going on.
The rating of stars in Italy is different than in other countries so you might compare two different systems, what we can guarantee anyway is a fantastic relation on quality versus – rate. This is appreciated by all our guests.
We hope to be able to see you again and if you wish to come back to Abano with your kids and do not like to book our Trieste & Victoria remember we are a group of 5 hotels.
Call our tool free number we will be able to offer you the best hotel for your nice family.
Thanks and regards

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I consider myself to be a critical traveller, but I have to say that this hotel has met and actually exceeded my expectations. Highly recommended. The pleasure starts at check-in, with staff at pains to accompany guests to their rooms to explain everything. The rooms are spacious and well furnished. The food (breakfast, dinner) is of very high quality with very attentive and friendly service. When one orders wine or other drinks, which are only partially consumed, the remainder is already waiting (on ice) the next day, as tables are assigned at dinner to each room. So, no waiting in line, even at the busiest times. The gardens are magnificent, beautifully manicured, and the pools are amazing, especially the one at bathtub temperature !!! Plenty of treatment options for those wanting or needing it. The hotel is also ideally located for the pedestrian zone, offering nice walks past the many luxury shops selling jewellery, clothes, shoes, etc. I really recommend Abano and, particularly, this hotel for a wonderfully relaxing vacation, leaving nothing to be desired. My wife and I will definitely return here.

Room tip: As far as I can tell, ALL the rooms are good. Sometimes some noise from the pedestrian zone, when events are going on, but not late in the evening, so no worries.
Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GBThermaeHotels, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Hotel Trieste & Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your beautiful comments, we are so proud to have satisfied a critical traveler as you are!
Our mission is “to look after” our guests throughout his stay, from arrival to departure.
We are glad that you enjoyed the central location of our hotel, our service and cuisine as well as our facilities like the thermal pools and our garden.
Every time we hope that our guests can find in our hotel the right place for their rest.
We look forward to welcome you and your wife again in our house and send you our best regards.