“A touch of class in the heart of Abano”

Grand Hotel Trieste & Victoria
Ranked #13 of 62 Hotels in Abano Terme
Amsterdam
“A touch of class in the heart of Abano”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a three night stay at the beginning of September. The hotel is situated right in the heart of Abano but very quiet because of the pedestrian zone in front of it. We stayed in the newer part of the hotel and had a nice view over the swimming pools and the surrounding area. The service is of a high level and the staff very helpful. It was Pink night in Abano during our stay and on Saturday evening we were served free cocktails in the beautiful garden. Breakfast buffet is very complete and the breakfast room has a beautiful terrace. Dinner is served in a large diningroom between 7:30 pm and 9:00 pm. It is a multiple choice menu and there is a choice on salad, dessert and fruit buffets. Also the cheese trolley comes along the tables. Real Italian waiters with class. Rooms are bautiful and well equipped and WiFi internet is available. The hotel has a big semi-covered parking and has bicycles at the disposal of the guests. In short, a very classy place for a complete relaxation. I forgot the mention the spa and fitness areas which we did not use

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank runner123
HotelTriesteVictoria, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Hotel Trieste & Victoria, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Guests,
It is always a pleasure for us to learn that our clients enjoyed their stay in our hotel, therefore, on the name of the whole staff of the Trieste & Victoria, I would like to thank for the beautiful and detailed review. We look forward to welcome you again in our house and send you our best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Kranj, Slovenia
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for weekend, classic room is just what a name say, even a/c is old fashion, bathroom was small and not worth a 5 star hotel. On the other hand staff was nice and food was good. It is also nice when you step outside the hotel you are in the middle of pedestrian zone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarkoKranj
HotelTriesteVictoria, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Hotel Trieste & Victoria, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear Guest,
thank you for your kind review, we have in our hotel different kinds of rooms, and we could have shown you other types of accomotadions. The rooms in the historical part of the hotel are quite basic (the building is 100 years old and this year we celebrate our first centenary) but we also have in the new wings our "Elegance",and "De Luxe" rooms as well as Junior and Senior Suites. I am glad you enjoed our kitchen and the service, I hope to welcome you again at the Trieste & Victoria. I take this opportunity to send you my very best regards.
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 27, 2012

The hotel is physically beautiful. The pool area with four pools ,each one at a different temperature was wonderful. The deluxe rooms were very well furnished and the cleaning staff did an excellent job. The location of the hotel in the center of town was very helpful as we were traveling with friends who could not walk long distances. All in all a very pleasant and relaxing week.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
HotelTriesteVictoria, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Hotel Trieste & Victoria, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your kind comments, I am very pleased to hear that you and your friends enjoyed your stay at the Trieste & Victoria. Looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel I send you my best regards.
New York
Reviewed August 22, 2011

If you have arthritis then this is the perfect spot for mud treatments. Full board is best value as the food is very good. Stay only in the modern rooms as the unrenovated ones are depressing. There is a 40euro charge for pool use but if you stay one week then it's not so bad as there are two heated thermal pools. This isnt a hotel for a normal vacation as the gym is very old fashioned. It's location is good in a pedestrianised zone and the streets are safe. So perfectly safe for single ladies. I have been going here for twenty years and staff are very nice to me and make me feel at home.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank NewYorkCoco
HotelTriesteVictoria, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Hotel Trieste & Victoria, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Dear Guest,
your comments are very much appreciated. About the rooms I agree with you, and that is why we have now renovated all "Elegance" and "De Luxe" rooms in the central building. In the "Excecutive Wing" we have all our new Junior and Senior Suites. We are also considering the renovation of our Gym, with new machines for work out and jogging. Besides, next year there will be no more the extra of € 40 for the use of the pools, bathrobes, etc. it will be all included in the room rate. Many thanks from the management and from the staff of the Trieste & Victoria, we look forward to welcome you again next year.
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed November 8, 2010

I stayed with my family who come to the hotel every year and love it. The location is fantastic, surrounded by pedestrian zone and it is pretty green. Very nice bar area where you can sit and watch the world go by or outside, (it was a shame we could not at it was raining, it looked very nice. What I liked most about the hotel was the lobby and bar area and the staff. Old school Italian waiters, very attentive, friendly and charming. The food was generally very nice, I liked the style of mixed buffet and a good choice of pasta and main courses. We were there during Halloween and they themed everything very nicely. The pool area is also nice, you can swim out which was also nice in the rain. There is plenty of sunbeds outside. The rooms are spacious.
I must have stayed in one of the older rooms, the furniture was made out of a sort of hard plastic and must have been from the 70ties, I think it is most definitely time for a change! And I am always disappointed by hotels which still have old small TVs, I think 5* hotels should offer this.
Breakfast - what I really did not like was the fact that you have to pay extra for fresh orange juice, porridge or fried eggs. This I think is outrageous for a 5* hotel attracting international clientel, I consider myself as quite well travelled and almost always stay in 5* hotels and have never seen this! This way of making a few extra EURs from guests is really not OK! Otherwise the breakfast was not great but I find that in Italy this is often the case, sorry Italy!
The clientele is rather on the elderly side and I think this is the clientele the hotel attracts rather than a young one. My grandmother loves the hotel and is a regular guest, I think I would rather try something different the next time (and enjoy my included orange juice!).

Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank whatsupnext
HotelTriesteVictoria, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hotel Trieste & Victoria, responded to this review, November 15, 2010
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your review, I am glad that you enjoyed the quiet but central location of our hotel, our service and cuisine as well as our facilities like the thermal pools, our garden and the refined atmosphere of our bar and lobby. Unfortunately the room you occupied is probably one of the few ones that have been not renewed jet, in the historical wing; a complete renovation is planned within march 2011. In the central and in the new executive wing we dispose of “Elegance” and "Deluxe” rooms, as well as Junior Suites and Suites, and I hope we will have the opportunity to show them to you on the occasion of your next vacation in Abano Terme. You have probably noticed the great selection of cold cuts like ham, salami, cheese, as well as croissants, cakes, jam, fresh fruits, juices, scrambled eggs, bacon, etc. on the buffet of the breakfast room. We consider some items like fresh squeezed orange juice, salmon and fried eggs as extra, as in many hotels. We are sorry that you had the impression that we try to make “e few extra Euros”. On the other hand we try to keep our rates as low as possible and I think this us very much appreciated. We have clients coming from all over the world and now Abano Terme is considered a place where you can take advantage of the benefits of the thermal treatments but also enjoy all other treatments for wellbeing, relax and beauty. At your disposal for any further explanations, I take this opportunity to send you our best regards.
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2010

We stayed for one night and generally enjoyed the experience, though at times it did feel a bit staid. I would agree totally with other reviewers that the first impression is not great as the main building is very ugly, but once inside we liked it. We ate in the restaurant and enjoyed it very much. I especially enjoyed being able to help yourself to salad and fruit in addition to the dinner menu. Out room was fine with a small balcony and the bed was just lovely. Outside there are several well-maintained pools including a swim-through from the indoor pool and several jacuzzi experiences. Now my BIG GRIPE - we too were not told about a charge of 18 euros each to use the pool plus 5 euros to buy a very cheap nylon cap (compulsory). The pools were pleasant but nothing special by international standards so unless you plan to use them a lot save your cash!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lambley
HotelTriesteVictoria, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hotel Trieste & Victoria, responded to this review, September 17, 2010
Dear Guest,
thank you for taking your time to post this review. Please consider that the Trieste & Victoria is an historical house, and I am glad that, after the first impression, you enjoyed the atmosphere of our hotel. The hotel is very quiet located, in the city centre, right in the middle of the pedestrian area, and surrounded by a quiet park with 4 thermal swimming pools, therefore I am a bit surprised that you did not like very much the location. I can understand your disappoint about the charge for the use of the pools. We inform all our clients about this charge, and probably it was our mistake if you did not know it. For this please accept our apologies. This charge includes not only the free admission to the thermal pools but also, the use of the bathrobes, the admission to the gym and to the thermal grotto, the use of the bicycles, and other services. Our clients stay for an average of 10 days, and the charge is of course just once for the entire stay. Thank you again for choosing the Trieste & Victoria, and looking forward to welcome you again in our house in the future, I take this opportunity to send you my best regards.
Yerevan, Armenia
Reviewed August 24, 2010

First of all i want to say that I've never written a review,neither for hotels nor for movies and etc. But after stay in this hotel i feel that i must write how amazing it was,this was my first time in Italy,we took one week tour and we went to Rome,Florence,Rimini,Bologna,Venezia...in one word we were REALLY tired after all that,second week we were to go to Abano,we arrived at evening and...i can't describe my feelings but personally i was shocked!i wasn't told that there are so much old people in there,don't get me wrong i don't have any disrespect for older people,but i really didn't expect that in whole hotel there will be maximum 4-5 people of my age(I'm 18 years old).On the next day i wasn't in best mood to be honest but then i really liked all that,people were really friendly and nice,i got acquainted to very nice people,in one word everything was very nice,service was totally great,i mean its really good,I'm not sure good is the right word,it's perfect!Food was great,Gym,to be honest i didn't like gym that much,but not because it was bad,it was not made for my way of training,but i think for other visitors of hotel it was fine.Pools were good too,i think I've told everything.I really liked hotel,people,staff and everything else,i hope to get back.Thanks a lot.
This was my first review so it may not be very good,and sorry for my English.

• Stayed August 2010