“An abomination...valet crashes our car & management walks away!!!”

Panoramic Hotel Plaza
Ranked #10 of 62 Hotels in Abano Terme
Burke
“An abomination...valet crashes our car & management walks away!!!”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

It has taken me a couple months to write this because I was so upset when it happened. I stayed at this hotel in June 2012 for a work conference. We had our car and the front desk clerk basically forced us to have it valet at their parking lot. My husband said no to the valet, despite their insistence, and parked the car in the lot himself. All cars in the lot were parked in/out by the hotel valet. When we checked out of the hotel, the valet brings out our car, which has an HUGE dent on the front driver side. Our car was wrecked, while parked in their garage and no one would take responsibility. The manager of the hotel refused to speak to me until I basically started screaming in the lobby--which prompted him to come out and mingle with the "masses." When the manager saw the dent, he shrugged and said it was not the responsibility of the hotel. At this point, I had requested to see the parking lot security cameras--which the manager (not surprisingly) refused to show me and said were not working. All in all, we were forced to leave this awful hotel with a DENTED vehicle and they got away scot-free.
I also want to point out some observations about the hotel generally--which leave A LOT to be desired of a "4 star resort." Bring your own pool towels--because they will charge you 4 euro for EACH towel and you cannot use the ones from the room, and they do not warn you prior to arriving. Also, there are NO IRONS in the rooms or in the hotel itself--at least not that they would let us use. Of course this is no problem since most of the hotel guests are wearing swimsuits all day or in robes--no, seriously, its amazing. Did I mention that during the week I was at the hotel we NEVER saw the pools being cleaned? I'm sure the pools are "sanitary" since they are "thermal waters." Also, the meals got worse as the days went on. And just as an FYI, the average hotel guest at this place is around 85+ years old. I could never recommend this horrible establishment to anyone, particularly when their Management takes NO RESPONSIBILITY for the actions and negligence of the staff at the hotel. Oh, and lastly, we were overcharged by the hotel bar.... TOURIST BEWARE OF the HOTEL PLAZA --there are MUCH nicer hotels in the surrounding area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
9 Thank jmccain

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
london
Reviewed March 3, 2010

I was there just less than a month ago with my boyfriend and we really enjoyed our stay.
The rooms are nice, great location (The abano ring system to find the hotels took us there in a sec!), I loved the swimming pools, especially during winter time when it's so cold outside!!! You can be in the amazing thermal water and swim outside!!
We also decided to have the chocolate treatment...yummiii!
the hotel is refurbishing hall and restaurant which was not the best but I guess next time we'll be back it will be even better.
I really had a good time and would reccomend it to all my friends.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
#15 of 62 in Abano Terme
Abano Grand Hotel
Abano Grand Hotel
#4 of 62 in Abano Terme

Been to Panoramic Hotel Plaza? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Panoramic Hotel Plaza

Property: Panoramic Hotel Plaza
Address: Piazza della Repubblica 23, 35031, Abano Terme, Italy
Location: Italy > Veneto > Province of Padua > Abano Terme
Bar / Lounge Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#6 Luxury Hotel in Abano Terme
#9 Spa Hotel in Abano Terme
#11 Romantic Hotel in Abano Terme
#14 Family Hotel in Abano Terme
Hotel Class:4 star — Panoramic Hotel Plaza 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Panoramic Hotel Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Panoramic Hotel Abano Terme