The Pier House Hotel
The Carlyon Bay(St Austell)
$178
$145
$141
The White Hart(St Austell)
$156
$177
$159
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsoverlooking the harbourseafood pancaketall shipspa bathbistro menusunday carveryeden projectthe pubfantastic locationsingle roomst austellgreat roomrashleigh armsa sea view roomno liftshort breakstayed for one night
Reviewed November 6, 2010

I stayed here for one night and really enjoyed the location - it is stunning. The main thrust of my review is how helpful the staff were when I forgot some of my stuff in the hotel. It was too late for me to turn around and get it all so the staff promised to keep it safe and work with me to get it back to me. A few days later I found the best way was to use royal mail and Kelly on reception spent ages with me on the phone sorting out the delivery and packaging. They then walked it up to the local post office and reunited me with my luggage. Brilliant and definitely worth me writing the review as they went the extra mile for me.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed November 6, 2010

We stayed at the Pier House in room 1 ---room had recently been refurbished and was quite nice, comfy bed, very nice bathroom with good shower. And beautiful views from two sides---both out to the harbor and to the quay where three old sailing ships were docked. We chose not to eat at the hotel but rather at the nearby Wreckers and I think the woman at the check-in desk was not pleased by this decision--whatever! We enjoyed our stay and liked Charlestown very much.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mmob100
Reviewed October 20, 2010

we stayed in room four for 2 nights in september 2010,the room had ben rcently refurbished this was done to a high quality the room was very spacious indeed with great views.
the food in the bistro and the restaurant was first class the sevice was very good and the prices very competetive it was certainly great value for money.
the only complaint we had which we feel we cant blame the hotel for was a large party of people stayed on the same friday and saturday night as us ,they were very noisy perhaps they were just excited as they dont get out very often!
we would certainly stay again,the staff were all very pleasant,polite and helpful,well done to you all!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Pier House last week. It is in a lovely spot right at the end of the quay. Our room was clean and very comfortable. Our problem was the restaurant staff. The waitress who took our order was taken aback when my wife asked what was on the fish platter. My wife was told that it was different every night. When my wife asked, " well whats on it tonight then", the waitress gave the same reply - it's different every night.. We finally asked her to check with the chef. The waitress stomped off, seeming quite put out. She did eventually come back with an answer. The restaurant was run by a lady who seemed to think that customers were all a bit of an inconvenience. She was abrupt, my wife ordered first. As I ordered my wife changed her mind and asked not to have scallops on the fish platter..... well, there was a sharp intake of breath and an exaggerated scrubbing out on the order ticket. When the waitress returned with our food she told my wife that the chef had given her an extra mussel because she wasn't having the scallops. Very generous. The mussel by the way was a green lip mussel which I understand comes from New Zealand. This suggests the fish was not locally sourced, which is a shame because the local mussells are wonderful and readily available.
A nice hotel spoiled by it's restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2010

the hotel was lovely and clean ,the food in restaurant was great,also breakfasts really good,the only thing we did not like was the fact that the extractor fan from kitchen was right outside the window of our room no 6 which meant the room smelt of cooking all the time even at night.the hotel was full so we could not change rooms.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple