“The Pier House Hotel Charlestown - 'A Must Visit!'”

The Pier House Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Charlestown
Cuisines: European, Seafood, British, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Pier House Hotel and Restaurant in St Austell Cornwall is situated on the picturesque harbour of Charlestown with stunning views of the port and coastline of St Austell bay.
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I visited the Pier House Hotel midweek for a bite of lunch. This was my first visit although I had eaten at another establishment on previous occasions. I was impressed by the standard of the hotel and the dining areas with a small bar/lounge adjacent. The hotel also own and service the next door bar/restaurant.
The Hotel offer a good choice on their standard Bistro menu and I chose the scampi and chips, the prices are very reasonable and compare well with nearby restaurants.
The service was prompt and friendly with nice views out across the bay, you can also eat outside, - weather permitting.
Pier House also offer A La Carte menus for that special occasion when you might want to celebrate and 'push the boat out!' In high season I recommend that you book in advance to avoid disappointment. I most definitely will be returning!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Myself and my partner ate here on Saturday, and it was very nice. We sat outside as it was a lovely sunny day. The menu was varied and all at a good price, I decided to have the Cajun Chicken Bagette...I have to say it was really nice but so much I struggled to eat it, my partner had a seafood dish which was also very nice. The staff were polite and bearing in mind they were really busy, we did not have to wait long for our food. We will be going back when we are in the area again. Very enjoyable day and meal :-)

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Lunch at the Pier House, our first visit for a few years after a bad carvery.
The food was reasonably priced for a lunch menu, quality and quantity very good. Service also good. A decent value lunch, only spoilt by the silly tiny plates, which meant my fish was dumped on top of all the chips making them and the batter soggy.
Please note, you have bigger plates, as proven by our other meal, so why the tiny plates with food piled on top of everything? I don't understand why you would do that?
Otherwise, its all good. I may ask for a bigger plate next time!!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

My husband and I visited the Pier House Hotel on the 1st of March 2014. We arrived around 3pm for a cream tea but was told that they were out of scones. When we approached the Restaurant Manager we were told that there was simply nothing that could be done so we settled for a toasted tea cake each. When the tea cakes arrived they were dry burnt and we weren't even offered any jams to accompany.My husband called over the Restaurant Manager, who by the way was rude and completely stank of cigarette smoke, told us that we could have had the Jam and that all we had to do was ask.
Never will we be visiting the Pier House Hotel again.
Sandra Smith

2  Thank Sandrasmith9999
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I was amazed and inspired by the way that the Pierhouse has raised its standards. Excellent food served very well (The P house restaurant not the pub or the bistro)