“Evening meal while on holiday”

The Pier House Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Charlestown
Cuisines: European, Seafood, British, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Pier House Hotel and Restaurant in St Austell Cornwall is situated on the picturesque harbour of Charlestown with stunning views of the port and coastline of St Austell bay.
Stewarton, United Kingdom
“Evening meal while on holiday”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

The meat in my curry was tough. Hard to distinguish what kind of meat it was. Inedible. When I complained, the reaction was "I'll tell the chef"!

St Austell, United Kingdom
“Everything was wonderful”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The service, the food, the attention to detail and surrounding were great, we are a local couple and we often use the restaurant for lunch, or the public bar, occassionally we use the restaurant and havent done for a few months, however, it ticked all of our boxes and was a very pleasant evening. a good wine selcetion, pre dinner drinks offered, unhurried and very relaxed atmosphere, so dinner more often than lunch from now on.

• Visited August 2013
“The Pier House Pub go there !!!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We discovered The Pier House Pub in Charlestown while on a 3 day stay with friends. From the moment our feet crossed the threshold, we loved it. The staff are friendly and engaging, atmosphere warm and welcoming, local folks curious about visitors and quite willing to chat, food glorious - good pub fare - beer and wine lovely.
If we ever have the opportunity to be in Charlestown again, you can bet we'll become regulars at The Pier House Pub.

1 Thank Jiggs-Jerry
Durham, England
“Great for lunch.”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Had lunch there on a walk. Pint of Doom Bar and excellent ploughmans. Gorgeous views of the coast sitting on the terrace.

Visited July 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great old fashioned service and lovely food.”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Visited the restaurant with my wife last night. We were greeted by very experienced staff and sat at the bar beforehand for a drink while we looked at the menus. Being in Cornwall as a visitor, I was pleased that there was a good selection of local sea food. I chose the ganard special and my wife had the Cornish medley. The waitress was very friendly and attentive. After a few minutes our drinks were collected on a tray and we were shown our table. I loved the attention to detail regarding quality service. After a short wait our food arrived. We were advised that the plates were really hot - I do like hot food served on hot plates and well presented. I was not disappointed. There was a excellent, generous choice of fresh vegetables and potatoes to accompany the meal. We shared a freshly made panna cotta with a shortbread biscuit and ice cream and followed that with coffee, which again was well presented and piping hot.
I have read mixed reviews here about the standard of service in the bar but, in my opinion, the standard we received in the restaurant was excellent. Don't expect bar food prices here, but do expect excellent food and service. We had both in abundance. Thank you.