Review Highlights
Drinks

Reviewed August 28, 2018
Sarah B
via mobile
Outside doesn't reflect the inside - but it's great

Reviewed August 6, 2018
DTIW
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom

All reviews the pub pool table sunday lunch quick service tv screens sports bar wow factor mussels st austell lovely food ales cornwall pint kitchen
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

Fun loud place on a Sunday night. Pool table and sport on tv screens. Not my usual place but kid friendly. Same menu and place next door.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

We had a classic fish and chip dinner here and the fish was really gorgeous. Bright sunshine on seating arranged to overlook the bay of Charlestown. We met quite a few other couples who were staying at the Inn who all highly rated the accommodation. Inside the Inn is charming, modern but without the manic panic of some large chain pubs that sell food. Food was presented quickly after ordering, hot and the staff were attentive. Ales offered here are quite extensive too. We spent quite a few hours soaking up the sun, the views and chatting to likewise happy and contented diners. Highly recommend eating here.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

From the outside it looks like a high-end eatery. But as we walked in the door we were greeted with what I can describe as a sports bar. It was fab.

The food was great and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal there. We even ended up watching the Darts final on a massive TV.

I'm confused as to why the menu is different to next door, as these 2 establishments share a kitchen!

I had the Pulled Pork Pizza with a side of Chips and I can assure you I was stuffed! Everyone in the party (4 adults, 1 child) enjoyed their meal.

Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

We popped in here whilst on holiday to catch the England game and wanted something to eat- honestly did not expect what we had to come out! Absolutely amazing food, my pizza was huge! Came out quickly, didn’t cost an arm and a leg and was divine. Have had a great experience in every St Austell’s brewery pub we went in, but this was by far my favourite. Also enjoyed the vanilla and bourbon porter that was on draft.

Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

This place is open after a refit and it’s not disappointing, lovely and airy and open plan , a great sun trap on the terrace and the front of house staffs are professional and caring, nothing too small for this place

1  Thank mrgrenade
Reviewed November 22, 2017

Well, contender for the best Sunday lunch in Cornwall? Yes, my family and I certainly thought so when we visited this delightful public house in Charlestown during the autumn 2017 half-term break. We opted for the traditional Sunday roast and we were delighted when our lunch turned up promptly, piping hot and in a generous portion. I think other visitors to Charlestown thought the same way as the Harbourside Inn filled up pretty quickly with other eager diners while we were there. As a real ale buff, I have to commend the inn's choice of ales on offer that weekend as I tried one of the Cornish ales which was absolutely brilliant - full of flavour and smooth. I'm certain that we will be back next time that we're in Charlestown. Thank you to all staff who made us feel welcome.

Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

Visited here a couple of times during our trip to Cornwall. Lovely food (huge portions), very quick service. Lovely ambiance and felt very welcoming.

Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

Lovely interior with a great atmosphere. The choice on the menu was amazing.
The service from the waiting on staff was speedy and very friendly!!
Large portions of food and the prices were very reasonable!
The picture is of the starter 'Nachos' very filling!
Also the price of alcohol is one of the lowest in Charlestown!
We would highly recommend to all locals and visitors,
We live 10 minutes walk away and will be visiting again next month !
Many thanks to all staff

Reviewed July 21, 2017

Visited Charlestown late afternoon viewed the menus in all the local eateries this offered the best value for money although still a bit expensive for my tight northern pockets but far cheaper than the others. The menu was a bit small but something for all tastes. Inside it was very clean and the service prompt and cheerful.
I would compare it to a weatherspoons on a smaller scale.

Food was well presented decent portion sized and freshly cooked, alcohol prices were not excessive and good choice of beers.

Enjoyed it thoroughly just have to except prices are what they ard for a holiday venue.

Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

Love this pub, been drinking here for years however since St Austell Brewery took over the quality beer is dropping! I shouldn't have to tap my pint continually to get a bit of life into it! Sort it out or you'll lose the people that keep the pub going during the winter!

2  Thank Matt A