“Great food and service”
Review of Rashleigh Arms

Rashleigh Arms
Ranked #6 of 13 Restaurants in Charlestown
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Pub has moved with times and although over 150 years old boasts eight four star gold rated rooms, a public bar, popular with the locals that shows all live sport and has great bands every fortnight. Our lounge bar is fantastic for relaxing in with large leather sofas and armchairs with a touch of historic Charlestown. The restaurant is modern, open plan and serves locally sourced food. And if the weather's good our patio and garden is the ideal place to spend a few hours or more!
Adelaide, Australia
“Great food and service”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Recommended as one of the eating places in Charlestown and did not disappoint. Not a typical pub as it is decorated in a minimalist more modern style. Informal in that you place order at bar but not a problem. Ate there two of the three nights we we in St Austell. Menu is extensive and quite varied with the pub favourites and more modern choices. Suggest that you try the Brie and Poached Pear salad - it is delicious. So too are the fish and chips but not quite as healthy. Staff generally very friendly and helpful but one or two could consider a career change. This however, did not detract from us having two enjoyable meals with friends in a delightful and relaxed setting.

• Visited July 2014
StAustellManagement, General Manager at Rashleigh Arms, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Many thanks for your great review, so glad you liked it

Heilbronn, Germany
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Wonderful pub with excellent food. I highly recommend it. Staff were friendly and helpful. Nice atmosphere.

Visited August 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words, its great to pass on good feedback to our team
Many thanks
Bodmin, United Kingdom
“Seems to be going down hill - Very fast”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Visited the Rashleigh Arms at the beginning of the year for a quick pint and a burger - was very impressed and promised to go back one evening in the restaurant.

How I wish I didn't waste my time. I visited with my partner and her daughter for an evening meal, we ordered a starter, 2 mains and a children's meal.

I appreciate the time of year and it is very busy everywhere, however, waiting over 50 minutes to receive a starter is ridiculous. Our starter had clearly been forgotten about and it was not until we said something before it was resolved. I appreciate the odd mistake so didn't make any fuss about that.

Because of the long wait, we asked for the children's meal to come out with the starter - it did, served on a boiling hot plate to a 7 year old girl. Why is a pizza and chips being served to children on boiling hot plates? silly thing to do in my opinion.

The starter of mussels, was lovely so no complaints there. We then instantly received our mains after - great quick service.

It quickly became clear that actually our mains had been on the hot plate for a considerable amount of time (probably because our starter was forgotten about). My partners steak was meant to be medium-rare, it came out tough, hard and well overdone. The food was warm, the beans were quite frankly cold!

I would not have minded if we were simply told that we had been forgotten about and that there would be a bit longer wait while our food was prepared - instead we were fobbed off with warm food that had been on the hot plate for a long time.

As a local resident, I was really disappointed by this service! I don't think I will be in a rush to return again.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Ben F
We are so sorry about your experience at the Rashleigh, something obviously went wrong and we didn't do enough to correct it, please accept may apologies in the hope that you will return.
Cornwall, United Kingdom
“Gone down hill very fast”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Me and my partner first came here for the first time in many years, early February 2014 for an anniversary after it was recommended to us by a friend and even though I was recovering from chronic Glandular Fever I still managed to tidy away a 4oz Sirloin which was fabulous and was creatively presented. There was a great atmosphere slightly darker and more dated than I was used to but just added to the appeal and reflected Charlestowns atmosphere wonderfully... NOW HOWEVER the dark and romantic décor is gone and replaced with what only can be called a cheap modern 'Minimal' alternative, to I can only guess to please the Out of Town Holiday makers(more commonly known as Emmits and Yacthies) Now more café than Restaurant. The food has also taken a cheap blow with poor, cheap, fatty cuts of meat and over inflated prices. (there isn't any waitressing staff you place orders at the bar) . This review I do feel however is unfair on the staff who are always attentive and friendly, however this transition to 'Trendy Beach Café' From what it was has stopped us returning. We did even go back one more time as we really hoped it could turn us around but if anything the visit was more disappointing the second time... A GREAT SHAME

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Katysmith92
We are sorry you didn't enjoy the Rashleigh Arms, we are still in the process of refurbing and there is still a lot to change so perhaps you will try us again in the future
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Excellent pub!”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Great food, quality beers and very friendly staff. Says it all really! Lovely beer garden on a sunny day.

• Visited August 2014
So much thanks for the great review and please visit again soon
Rob And Lucy