“Really, Really, it's that good!”
Review of Rashleigh Arms

Rashleigh Arms
Ranked #6 of 14 Restaurants in Charlestown
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Pub has moved with times and although over 150 years old boasts eight four star gold rated rooms, a public bar, popular with the locals that shows all live sport and has great bands every fortnight. Our lounge bar is fantastic for relaxing in with large leather sofas and armchairs with a touch of historic Charlestown. The restaurant is modern, open plan and serves locally sourced food. And if the weather's good our patio and garden is the ideal place to spend a few hours or more!
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I haven't left a review on trip advisor before, so here go's. I have been using this pub for years, drinking mainly but sometimes food. Some of the staff have been there years and always make me feel welcome, the beer is the best in the area and pretty much the best selection by far . Although the food is not gastro pub quality it is really tasty, lots of it and the chips are unbelievably good, most times I have had burger but we've been for the Carvery on occasion, I haven't eaten anything for the rest of the day after!
There's 2 or 3 pubs in Charlestown but this is the one I prefer, best for ale and food.

StAustellManagement, General Manager at Rashleigh Arms, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments regarding your visit to the Rashleigh Arms. The team and I work extremely hard to ensure that all our guests receive first class service at all times, so it is always nice to have great feedback on our pub. I have passed on your comments to the team and its great to hear that our beer is so greatly enjoyed, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We ate at the Rashleigh recently, and having eaten there many times in the past, as it was always good pub food at a reasonable price. I was disappointed this time. Its not good value any more.
£13.95 for gammon steak is not cheap, particularly when the gammon is the same thickness as a decent rasher of bacon. The biggest gripe was that they serve the chips in a fancy little metal basket which looks like a deep fat fryer. but mine contained 6 or 7 chips only which is pathetic. A friend had a different dish which came with a ceramic dish with at least twice the amount of chips. Where is the consistency?? My wifes lasagne was the last one and it showed. It barely half filled the dish it was in and was dry and crusty all around the edges.
We paid over £100 for four people, two courses and seven drinks in total.
The desserts were typical bought in types and very average.
It just isn't good enough for that sort of money. Only one of our four mains was of decent quality. Will be giving it a miss for a while and keep an eye on future reviews. Plenty of other good pubs to choose from in the area.

StAustellManagement, General Manager at Rashleigh Arms, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Many thanls for your feedback we will take on board your comments contructively for the future development of our business.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We went there for a double birthday meal, the menu was very so so, not much choice. Myself and sister has scampi and chips, undercooked scampi and the hugest chips and minty tartar sauce, not brilliant, Nanny had the steak pie which she enjoyed but the veg was a mish mash of cabbage, leek and something unidentifiable, Brother had the steak and ugh veg, not enough chips for him, the dessert was supposed to be crumble but was apple and blackberry smoosh, sloshy crumble with a tiny amount of clotted cream, I asked for more, my sister also had a minute amount of cream with her sticky syrup pud, brother and Nan enjoyed theirs well enough, we was very disappointed as the Rashleigh used to be very good.

Thankyou for taking the time to pass on your so so feedback on our pub, the veg dish in question is peas, leaks and pancetta as described on the menu. We have just launched Februarys menu which has 16 main courses on it and we always have a well stocked specials board. we use gourmet chips which are twice cooked and twice the size of a normal chip, we have passed on your feedback to the team and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

The Rash is exactly what a good pub should be. The beer is always in good condition and perfectly served by the friendly, knowledgeable staff. My wife and I have eaten here many times and have always been impressed with the quality of the food and service. Friends who we have brought here have also enjoyed the excellent food and drink and always make the Rashleigh their first choice when we ask where they would like to go.
We came here for my birthday celebration earlier this month and enjoyed a complimentary bottle of wine (thank you Rob) because the brewery had omitted to send me my birthday club voucher.
Thank you all for always making us so welcome.

StAustellManagement, General Manager at Rashleigh Arms, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments regarding your visit on your birthday to the Rashleigh Arms. The team and I work extremely hard to ensure that all our guests receive first class service at all times, so it is always nice to have great feedback on our pub. I have passed on your comments to the team and its great to hear we loofk after our locals as well as the visitors to the area.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We did not book, but the staff found us a table. Would say booking probably advisable. Very popular pub. Best tasting chips we have ever had!! Service friendly and efficient.

Thankyou for taking the time to pass on your great feedback on our pub, and our glad you liked our chips! they definately take some beating in the area! and we look forward to seeing you again soon.