“Best pub in the area by miles”
Review of Rashleigh Arms

Rashleigh Arms
Ranked #6 of 14 Restaurants in Charlestown
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Pub has moved with times and although over 150 years old boasts eight four star gold rated rooms, a public bar, popular with the locals that shows all live sport and has great bands every fortnight. Our lounge bar is fantastic for relaxing in with large leather sofas and armchairs with a touch of historic Charlestown. The restaurant is modern, open plan and serves locally sourced food. And if the weather's good our patio and garden is the ideal place to spend a few hours or more!
St Austell, United Kingdom
“Best pub in the area by miles”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

The Rash is exactly what a good pub should be. The beer is always in good condition and perfectly served by the friendly, knowledgeable staff. My wife and I have eaten here many times and have always been impressed with the quality of the food and service. Friends who we have brought here have also enjoyed the excellent food and drink and always make the Rashleigh their first choice when we ask where they would like to go.
We came here for my birthday celebration earlier this month and enjoyed a complimentary bottle of wine (thank you Rob) because the brewery had omitted to send me my birthday club voucher.
Thank you all for always making us so welcome.

• Visited January 2014
StAustellManagement, General Manager at Rashleigh Arms, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments regarding your visit on your birthday to the Rashleigh Arms. The team and I work extremely hard to ensure that all our guests receive first class service at all times, so it is always nice to have great feedback on our pub. I have passed on your comments to the team and its great to hear we loofk after our locals as well as the visitors to the area.

East Sussex
“Large pub/restaurant”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We did not book, but the staff found us a table. Would say booking probably advisable. Very popular pub. Best tasting chips we have ever had!! Service friendly and efficient.

Visited September 2013
Thankyou for taking the time to pass on your great feedback on our pub, and our glad you liked our chips! they definately take some beating in the area! and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fab food and fab staff”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

NYE 3 course set menu £45 seemed a little pricey but the food was delicious and well portioned. Environment was good had dining section, lounge section and pub/bar section with music. Staff deserve full credit for their hard work and attention to detail/customer service. A fabulous start to the New Year

Visited January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments regarding your visit on new years eve to the Rashleigh Arms. The team and I work extremely hard to ensure that all our guests receive first class service at all times, New years eve is great at the rashleigh and we are so glad you had a great time, we look forward to seeing you again soon.
“Not one to complain”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Before I begin I must state I am not the type of person to complain and as such had I have done I may not of had to pay for such a 'meal'.

My partner and I visited for a 3 course NYE meal... And I must say I don't think I've had a worse meal (and we eat out a lot).

We had the bruschetta to start (rock hard French stick covered in cold/raw tomato and mozzarella). For our main we had ordered a fillet steak but what we received was definitely not that cut; the quality of the meat was very poor. To 'compliment' the steak we had ordered the dauphinois potatoes and once again they were just a mound of cheese with raw potatoes. By this point I was more than put off and was ready to leave but as it was a 3 course we still had the pudding to come... I had ordered the limoncello tart well I think the rest of the review says it all. Needless to say I ended up eating about 3 mouthfuls of the entire meal.

Front of house could visibly see that I had eaten virtually nothing all evening and has a 'gesture of good will' she took 10% off our food... If we had have been sold a standard type menu then I think the review would be much more fair, but to be sold an al a carte menu and served anything but is just unfair... Needless to mention the price!

We stayed at Boscundle Manor and went to this pub on the weight of trip advisor reviews however it backfired.

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments regarding your visit on new years eve to the Rashleigh Arms. I am disappointed that you didn't easy your meal, your was the only complaint we received on the evening but i am glad we offered you a discount to appease you, we look forward to seeing you again.
Saint Austell, England, United Kingdom
“New Years Eve”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Had a lovely meal here New years eve, only gripe was we only had one dish of vegetables between 4 of us, didn't realise until the next table had two dishes for four of them, by then we had ate our meal which was delicious. The starters first class, steak divine,and the chocolate brownie, well I ate my pudding and half my husbands, brownie was delicious. We found the staff very friendly. We were very full at the end of the meal, so perhaps one side dish of veg was enough. We headed down to the pierhouse as there was more atmosphere for us oldies down there but came back again for the fireworks. Will come again

• Visited December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments regarding your visit on new years eve to the Rashleigh Arms. The team and I work extremely hard to ensure that all our guests receive first class service at all times, so it is always nice to have great feedback on our pub. I will pass on your comments to our team, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.