“Fantastic carvery”

Rashleigh Arms
Ranked #7 of 14 Restaurants in Charlestown
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Pub has moved with times and although over 150 years old boasts eight four star gold rated rooms, a public bar, popular with the locals that shows all live sport and has great bands every fortnight. Our lounge bar is fantastic for relaxing in with large leather sofas and armchairs with a touch of historic Charlestown. The restaurant is modern, open plan and serves locally sourced food. And if the weather's good our patio and garden is the ideal place to spend a few hours or more!
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I had been craving a roast for quite some time so got a couple of friends together and we had the carvery last Sunday. I was delighted with my choice of place for the much desired roast as the food was fantastic, there was plenty more than I could eat (loved being able to help myself to everything but the meat!) The member of staff who served up the meat was very friendly and caring for his customers and refused to serve up anything that was not of the best quality. There were two elderly customers behind me and he was exceptionally helpful to them, even carrying the plate for the gentleman who struggled to hold it himself, I was very pleased with my whole experience and would definately return!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Got off the bus from Par after travelling down on a Steam Rail Special from Bristol. Very hungry and looking for a quick tasty meal. The Rashleigh totally delivered on both counts !. From the warm welcome by the ladies at the bar to the excellent choice of meats and veg at the carvery eveything was great . Just what we needed,and washed down with Rattler cider, all at a reasonable price too. There is also a varied menu available if you don't want a roast.Left us with plenty of time on our short visit to wander round delightful Charlestown,and enjoy some refreshing sea air on the beach. Thank you to the lovely staff at the Rashleigh.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We visited three times during our stay in St Austell. Sunday evening offered a great value carvary, while we ate off the menu the other nights. We particularly liked the meals for smaller appetites which offered excellent value for money at less than £6 each. Different staff on each visit but all were very welcoming and helpful. Meals came as ordered and quite quickly considering they were freshly cooked. Quality and taste left nothing to be desired.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Had two very good evening meals here. Good quality pub food, friendly staff and dog friendly in the bar. Didn't want pork pie with my plough mans so given extra cheese instead, very accommodating. Beer garden gets the sun until late.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

On my first evening I wandered down to Charlestown and decided to have my supper in the Rashleigh Arms. I asked if it would be possible to have the scampi without chips but with a salad instead which I was told would be no problem! Usually when I request this I am either given a dirty look or the 'salad' turns out to be a few bits of lettuce and cucumber. When my meal arrived, I couldn't believe the amount of scampi on my plate and instead of the token bit of lettuce and cucumber, it was accompanied by a generous portion of fresh, green salad with a delicious French dressing. The scampi was, of course, done to perfection.The house wine is also excellent. Staff are very friendly and biddable, the prices are very reasonable and there is a large outside eating area for when the weather is behaving itself. Can recommend very highly.