“Ate here twice, so must be good!”
Review of Rashleigh Arms

Rashleigh Arms
Ranked #6 of 14 Restaurants in Charlestown
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Pub has moved with times and although over 150 years old boasts eight four star gold rated rooms, a public bar, popular with the locals that shows all live sport and has great bands every fortnight. Our lounge bar is fantastic for relaxing in with large leather sofas and armchairs with a touch of historic Charlestown. The restaurant is modern, open plan and serves locally sourced food. And if the weather's good our patio and garden is the ideal place to spend a few hours or more!
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Had two very good evening meals here. Good quality pub food, friendly staff and dog friendly in the bar. Didn't want pork pie with my plough mans so given extra cheese instead, very accommodating. Beer garden gets the sun until late.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

On my first evening I wandered down to Charlestown and decided to have my supper in the Rashleigh Arms. I asked if it would be possible to have the scampi without chips but with a salad instead which I was told would be no problem! Usually when I request this I am either given a dirty look or the 'salad' turns out to be a few bits of lettuce and cucumber. When my meal arrived, I couldn't believe the amount of scampi on my plate and instead of the token bit of lettuce and cucumber, it was accompanied by a generous portion of fresh, green salad with a delicious French dressing. The scampi was, of course, done to perfection.The house wine is also excellent. Staff are very friendly and biddable, the prices are very reasonable and there is a large outside eating area for when the weather is behaving itself. Can recommend very highly.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Overall the bar staff were nice and helpful, and the food while your typical pub fair was well cooked and tasty. Also a wide selection of beer and ales including local fairs.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We have stayed at the Rashleigh many times now. Every time we are greated with such a warm welcome. All the staff are trained well to make their customers feel at home. They deserve all the great awards they get, they really do work hard for these. Thank you Rob, Lucy and the team (to mention a few, Jean, Ann, Izzy, Andrew, Nikki, Kerry, Char)

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Overall the welcome form the bar staff was tremendous, the owner / manager was away, but the staff extended such a warm welcome. Would have come back there in August to eat (last time we had booked Sam's next door) but the cat on the bar stool was covered in fleas. Sort this out and we will come back again