“Tanza Oasis or Hell?”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Tanza
Makati
“Tanza Oasis or Hell?”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

What can I say? You'll expect a lot considering the pictures on the website. It's near the city so it's convenient. Depending on your room it's a long walk or long climb on the stairs (up to 4th floor). One of the problems I had was that the room key card only works once & then again you have to go back at the reception to get it fixed. Both my roommate & I have the same problem. And considering how tired we were w/ the activities it is a long walk. Finally I complained & they said I don't have to go down & I should just ask any staff (& they said there will always be staff around) to open the door (so I have to do that everytime???). I said what if I go back at midnight or dawn? They said there will still be staff around. I came back at around 1am & no one was around, no one was even at the reception area!

When it comes to the place everything looks good & expensive. Very well designed. But one of my colleagues' room had a total electricity blackout. It was finally fixed but they cannot use the blow dryer else they wanna risk getting electrocuted.

Another problem I had was w/ the food. We already had those arranged. It was supposed to be a buffet type & they even have a promo of unlimited lechon. But they always run out of food & even drinks (iced tea). And when I got to the lechon they will only give you very little, when you ask for more they will say just go back! I didn't go back coz it doesn't taste as good as any other ordinary lechon.

And the beach is a trash dump site.

Oh & the room walls are so thick you can hear everything outside.

Room Tip: get something at the 2nd floor or nearer to the stairs
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Lenny C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed May 13, 2012

To begin, this resort was recomended by a friend, well, to be exact, a very discriminating high standard traveller who was very immpressed with this resort. Due to her positive comments me and my family decided to spend christmas at this resort. First, the location of the resort is very accessible, less than two hours from manila. You wouldn 't even get lost in the way because the resort has many signs and posters pointing which direction to go. When we arrived there the staff immedietly welcomed us and got our things as they led some of us into our room. One of us was left in the front desk because she is showing our deposit slip but she was back with us in less than 10 minuites because the staff are very trained and organizad. When we all reached the room we were very immpressed again because of the bauty of the room. It was very clean, elegantly simple styled, complete bathroom needs and even a cabled tv and a dressser with a big space. The refrigerator in the room was also well stocked and the coffe set was clean and complete. the beds are also great, with soft thick cushions and clean and warm comforter. Then, downstairs, the pool was a blast, it was safari themed with three adult slide with different levels of height and speed. The pool is only one but very big. It was like 5 pools combined in size with a bridge in the middle. the kids area is also great. it has a mushroom shower in the pool and a tree house that when you climb you can go down by the kiddie slide. They have a beach, it is not dirty but i cant say that it is clean because it is connected to manila bay (but you will not see garbage floating). The beach is good for morning walks and night bonfire but not for swimming. They have a restaurant that serves 24 hours. The food was great, price reasonable, place clean and staff friendly, trained and organized as well. They have room service massage and other basic spa services and they have jetski for rent. Pets are not allowed in the resort but you can bring it and leave it in the guard house. The guards are very good and they really guard your pets and you can just leave a food every meal time for your pet. Iam going back there again this september to spend my birthday overnight with friends and family.

My overall rating summary:
rooms: very clean, beautiful, complete and relaxing
location: very accesible and easy to find bacouse of their signs
staff: polite, trained, organized and attentive
price: reasonable for their exellent service
pool: only one but five standard pools in size and great and fun for kids and adults
food: clean and yummy
beach: great for morning walks and night chat in a bonfire.
cleanliness: very clean and sanitary.

OVERALL: THE RESORT WAS EXELLENT! MUST VISIT DESTINATION!

Room Tip: if you are a big family with a budget get presidential suite. (you have your own firness center and...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank traveholicisme
Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I went this resort last Saturday.
I made a reservation a month before I arrived.

... I had a lot of bad experiences at this resort.

1. after check-in, we couldn't enter our room for almost 30 minutes cuz our key was not working. So I asked to change our room. but they said there was no avilable room. we couldn't do anything until they fixed the problem about the key. It took almost 2 hours.

2. Our deluxe room didn't have a bathtub. The reason why I chose the deluxe room was a bathtub. But they said "the single-bed deluxe room dosen't have a bathtub." they should have not posted the deluxe rooms have bathtubs on their website.

3. The room hadn't been cleaned well when we arrived. There were a lot of insects on the window frame. And there was trash in the drawer. Even though I told them about it, they didn't clean it.

4. There was a cockroache in the bath room.

5. One of the faucets didn't work. And the water pressure was low.

6. The place was so noisy.

7. I wanted to talk to the manager. But they said she was in the meeting and they would call me after the meeting. I hadn't got any calls from them while I stayed there. I asked them again n again they just said the manager was not there. Before I left there, I asked them again. But the manager was still not there. so they gave me the paper. They said they would give the paper that I wrote about the complaints to her and she would send me the email about it. But I haven't gotten any eamils from her until now.

we didn't use their facilities.. so I don't know if they are good or not. Actually we couldn't use them. We couln't have time to use them. As I mentioned, we couldn't go out until our key worked. After they solved the problems, it rained a lot. They ruined our feeling and we wasted our time to wait.

Even though some of staffs were friendly and the food was nice, I would not recommend this resort.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
14 Thank 989_989

Travelers are raving about these Tanza hotels

Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I stayed overnight last March 3, 2012 and overall I liked the resort. It is a good 1hr and 30min drive from the bustling metro. Once you reach Tanza, this is a sure standout. The place is newly renovated and has ample parking space. It is a modern dwelling place for anyone who wants to relax or enjoy their safari swimming pool which is I think the main attraction. I wouldn't recommend though the beach area as it is not enticing at all...The Oasis has a videoke room, billiards, basketball...water sports and their restaurant serves great food 24hrs. The rooms are much like the room you find in a typical hotel...the only downside I found is that the water coming out of the faucet and even in the bidet is dirty...more like black sands and then for a few seconds it becomes clear again. So be sure to check that out before actually using the water. Apart from that I can say that the stay was relaxing and would much recommend the place if you're in Cavite.

Room Tip: garden side rooms are best :)
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Yan A
Manila
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Our office had its annual teambuilding session here for 3 weekends in Q4 of 2011, hence I vividly remember the place. The conference rooms were good. The lobby was very spacious. The food served in the restaurant was very good especially the tenderloin beef. The beds in the rooms were comfortable. The poolside which had a jungle theme was very refreshing. The only downside was the drainage in the comfort rooms, especially the men's room near the restaurant and in some of the guest rooms. It takes a while for the water to go down the drain. Other than that, the place looks great. Service is also commendable.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms that face the swimming pool.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Teo G
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We had our annual offsite team building in Tanza's Oasis last week. The room is zen inspired, very spacious and the bed is very comfortable. The minimalist theme of the resort makes it look clean and crisp like a 5 star resort. All the staff are so nice, they will smile and greet you every time they see you. Their sales and marketing manager, Larry Franco, is very accommodating and friendly. The swimming pool has several slides for adults and kids and the pool is about 5 feet only. We also rode the zorb and its 100php for 10 minutes, i love it! The resort is also beach front, so you have an option if you want to swim in the pool or in the beach. Every Saturday there's a band that plays by the garden area which is free for the hotel guests. An ideal place to stay with your friends and family, your kids will surely love the place. There are no restaurants nearby so your only option is to dine at their restaurant, the food ranges from 200-400 but the serving is good for 2 pax.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Wreckxki
Paranaque, Philippines
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I was one of the first who visited when it re-opened last summer, i think they have a different name and owner before. It was a nice and memorable stay. Rooms are clean and nice! View from the reception is Zen type and i found it really cool. They provide over flowing mineral water for the guests for free. The pool theme was really fantastic my son really enjoyed his stay.
But since it was barely new that time, had a hard time when it comes to food. They offer limited menus and there was a point that they closed it because it war reserved for a function?? No restaurants nearby so you have no other choice. Was a bit dissapointed on that part because i have a six year old kid with me. Also, i remember they were also on manual system during the first few days at the reception which delayed the check in time so i wrote a mail to their website and responded right away. Nonetheless, the place was really nice, close to nature, 40 minutes away from Roxas Blvd, a good quick getaway place, recommended for kids and group of friends travelling.

Room Tip: request for a room facing the pool and the beach at the same time. spectacular view!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jeunne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tanza
The Bayleaf Cavite
#3 of 26 in Tagaytay
Tagaytay Country Hotel
Tagaytay Country Hotel
#16 of 26 in Tagaytay

Been to Tanza's Oasis Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!