At first sight this hotel looked just right for a relaxing few days at the end of a busy tour – the gardens are beautiful. Sadly, it went downhill from there.
The main problem is that the hotel seems geared up for large conferences. We spent a nice morning relaxing by the pool when one of these broke off for the day – the whole pool area was taken over by 20 or 30 young men, all yelling, playing ball games, throwing people in in their clothes, spitting in the water, dumping their bags and towels on top of our stuff . . . When we complained to staff they said we had to ‘be patient’. There was nowhere else to sit and relax outside so we retreated to our room, and after a while someone appeared to say they’d been told to ‘swim quietly’ – I went back out and saw the ball games were still going on, but on top of that, an even larger group were now using the lawn next to the pool area to play team-building games with hoops and balloons, accompanied by a loudspeaker and what sounded like an old fashioned air-raid siren.
The hotel gave us a complimentary meal that night to apologise – a nice gesture but no compensation for having the last day of our holiday ruined.
In terms of food, the buffet was nice but an expensive option if you’re not that hungry. The hotel website advertises several restaurants, but some must have been taken up with conferences as we were told there were no a la carte options at all. On our last night the a la carte menu was available, but we found it only listed the things that were on that evening’s buffet. There’s a limited range of snacks available by the pool.
The waiters were generally helpful and attentive. One was rather too helpful, telling us what was wrong with our order when we ordered snacks – then proceeding not to bring the offending items until we’d requested them a second time. If you order drinks and food together, the drinks won’t arrive until the food is ready, so you might go thirsty for a while.
Our room was spacious but rather dirty. The floor looked superficially swept, but it was filthy – I wet a cloth and wiped it a couple of times and it came away black. Inside the wardrobe and drawers were dirty, and the cups in the bathroom were disgusting. There was also a wooden strip across the middle of the floor which had tacks sticking up out of it.
On the last night, we realised we’d had no new shampoo (on arrival we’d only had someone else’s half-used bottle). It took about forty minutes and two phone calls to get some, upon which we realised the toilet paper hadn’t been replenished that day either.
The rooms are set around beautifully kept courtyards, but the hotel unfortunately has loud music playing in them on an evening – annoying if you need an early night. Conference guests yelling and messing about in the small hours were another issue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Heritage Village Resort & Spa Manesar, GurgaonSurrounded by vast acres of Lush greenery, Heritage Village Resort & Spa Manesar delights you the moment you enter its magnificent ambience.A Rajasthani haveli style palatial resort, this spa resort in Gurgaon is conveniently located on NH 8 Delhi-Jaipur Highway which is approximately 30 minutes drive from Delhi's International Airport (Google Map). The grand entrance ornamented with frescoes reveals the supreme skills of the artisans of Rajasthan as it belies the luxury and flamboyance of its interiors. A stupendous fusion of vibrant colours and landscapes of Indian ethnicity and International eloquence makes Heritage Village Resort & Spa Manesar a unique place to experience your well deserved accommodation in Gurgaon. Featuring 154 rooms and suites, this boutique resort spa in Gurgaon echo's the contemporary attitude of Select Hotels, showcasing its global standards in luxury, comfort and hospitality. Each of the rooms have been done up in soothing pastels and the walls are adorned with beautiful miniature paintings. All rooms are modernly equipped. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Fastbooking, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heritage Village Resort & Spa Manesar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Village Resort & Spa Manesar Hotel Manesar
- Heritage Village Resort And Spa Manesar
- Heritage Village Manesar Gurgaon