2,316 results
All reviewssports centrethe radisson bluclub roomadult poolpasta restaurantshuttle buskids clubsea viewsports facilitiesold townla pastabeautiful resortstar resortshuttle servicesun gardenthe main hoteltennis courts
Reviewed September 9, 2009

Comfortable room, nice service, exelent location and exclusive amenities

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2009

OK first the good. The setting is stunning and the facilities include 4 pools, a private beach, a marina with water taxis to Dubrovnik, a bakery and patisserie, a sports centre with 3 clay tennis courts and a spa. The food was uniformly good with more eateries than was good for us. The room, while a little on the small side (and with a very odd window between the bedroom and bathroom) was extremely comfortable and quirkily decorated. Unfortunately that’s where the good ends. Unless the service improves drastically in this hotel, stay away.

On our first morning, having been told by Reception that breakfast finished at 11am, we were slightly put out to discover the main restaurant stopped serving at 10am. But Restaurant No.2 was still open and we enjoyed a delicious meal. A minor hiccough we thought. Errr, no! The next day, the second restaurant was inexplicably and firmly closed. So back we traveled to our room to make some coffee to discover we only had one cup, a kettle and zero coffee (or tea – we weren’t fussy). A call to our friends Reception to request a second cup was not particularly successful – we were asked to stay in our room for an hour and a half to await delivery.

Internet access was no problem except someone had made off with the computers. The climbing wall might have been fun but the safety equipment was missing. Towels and facecloths vanished only to magically reappear a few days later. There was a bar at the marina-side pool but unfortunately it wasn’t stocked with anything except a staff member. The buffet restaurant turned out to be a little too DIY for our liking as we ended up setting our own table. Late checkout was no problem we were assured by our now very good friends at Reception the day before we left except the hotel turned out to be fully booked the next day. At least the staff member in the Spa had the good grace to look a little embarrassed when the first three treatments we asked about were unavailable.

Oh and our second cup never turned up…!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
7  Thank AndyDublin
Reviewed September 4, 2009

We spent one week in Radisson Hotel.
First we wanted to stay at another one hotel in Babin Kuk but then we found that Radisson had better rates. That's why we chose that hotel.

Before going I was afraid of some bad reviews. I was ready to meet bad stuff or many unfunctioning facilities but in fact in the end of August everything was perfect for us!

First of all, it seems to me that almost everything was open and working. Great choice of restaraunts and bars. We booked HB but I recommend you to take only breakfast because there are many places to have dinner. We've been only at Cilantro (mixed cuisine, from seafood to сouscous and cheesecake), Ginja and Bakery. Breakfasts and dinners were at Origano restaurant. usually we went for breakfast at 8.30-9.00, once we came later. We never had problems with finding clear table. Food in Origano was good. Breakfasts are nothing special but good. Dinners were great.

The supermarket is working. It's situated at the apartments' promenade. I think it's a good variant for people with little kids and/or those who live in apartment. We bought there fruits, local wine and juices which were great. Drinks were the same as in restaurants but twice cheaper.

Also there is one shop with all swimming equipment (swimming suits, shoes for swimming, mattresses, balls etc). They are planning to open more shops there but I'm not sure if that's a good idea. There was one clothing shop and nobody was interested in it.

Room. We got the standart double bed room instead of twin room. I asked for the twin room but receptionist said that they hadn't free twin rooms. Well, that wasn't a catastrophy, but anyway, we requested twin but they decided that it's not so important.
Another little disappointment was our bathroom. We hadn't bath at all (before that i thought that every room had a bath). And there were toilet and shower in one room. But everything was well-designed and we forgot about some minuses. The great wardrobe with access both to room and bathroom and speaker (!) in bathroom just amazed me. I discovered the last one accidentally when my friend turned on TV while I was taking the shower and I heard music it from the ceiling!
The only thing that I didn't like - too cold water ans some small things that hotel stuff must fix like broken lamp in wardrobe, cups not clear enugh from last guests (coffee spots). But at the whole, I very liked our room. It was big and had everything you need on holiday (hairdryer, kettle with tea and coffee, air conditioner, enoght chars, tables, boards for two people and free safe). We didn't use minibar though when we returned once we found the lack of one bottle in it! Well, when I met the guy who check mini bars he asked if we used the mini bar I said "no" and he said ok and just put new bottle. He didn't charge us which was good. Though it's pretty strange that somwthing vanished from the mini bar. maybe that's maid?
The balcony had two lounge sofas and a small table. But the best is the view to the Adriatic sea of course!
Free Wi-fi was a good addition to all of the above.

I think location is good. Yes, it's pretty far away from Dubrovnik but at the same time the terriory of the hotel iis like a small town itself. We went to Dubrovnik twice using the shuttle boat. it's about 40 minutes and it costs 10 euro for return ticket. I recommend you to buy tickets right on the boat if you prefer to pay by cash or order vouchers at the reception if you want to pay when cheking-out. I always pay by cash because in the end of your trip you can be charged for something you didn't use or ordered but you can forget it and it's hard to prove. We were charged 150 kunas for our boat trip at checking-out but luckily we saved our tickets and they cleared our payments.

So the stuff. In my opinion stuff was very helpful. I don't have any complains to waiters, receptionists and many other people who work there. Maybe we were just lucky! But anyway, they are also people and have some mistakes. But if you will be friendly then all stuff will be also very friendly for you.

What else? The Spa and pools are also great. It helps you to find shelter from the hot middle-day sun. The whole week we stayed the weather was very hot. So we went to the beach till 12 am, sometimes on the evenings. And I recommend you to spend the time from 12 till 16 at the pools or at spa. I was amazed beacuse Spa wasn't crowded and it seemed to me that it was very quiet. But that's good of course, 100 % relaxing atmosphere.

The beach is nice but pebbles make it hard to go to the water. Also on the last evening we saw some garbage in the water and on the next morning they didn't clear it up.
I don't know if it's easy to find free sun bed in the middle of the day but we never had problems before 12 and after 16. About locals: i saw some people who came to the beach with their own towels. But they never used the beds and just sit on the pebbles and towels. So I think that's not a problem that this beach is not private.

In the end i must say that this hotel tries to be the resort for everyone: families with kids, teens, older travellers, couples and youth. I've seen all categories and I think everybody can find there somethinfg for their taste. I find this hotel very good for me, though my friends who loves disco and night clubs found it a little bit boring (basically there's night club Ginja but I didn't see anybody dancing there, people prefer just to sit outside and order drinks, as well as there were many bands playing acoustic music (at the Bakery) and with full music band equipment (at lemonia Pool and Bar) but not every night.

Anyway, give this hotel a try )till it gets to expensive, I'm sure it will be)!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lanalique
Reviewed August 25, 2009

This hotel is brand new. Do not expect great service except from a select few at the hotel but the views, rooms, pool, spa, food, decor, etc is top notch. Their website does not do the place justice. I got a great room with an amazing view anf large balcony for a very reasonable rate and I don't expect that to last long. It is a ten min drive or boat ride from the old city and shuttles are available for small cost. It makes this resort quiet and secluded from noisy and touristy Dubrovnik. I saw the other hotels and this one is going to blow the others away once they are up and running fully with properly trained staff. Go now before that happens because it will be the most expensive joint in town.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank slk78
Reviewed August 25, 2009

Fantastic new hotel with lovely clean rooms overlooking the sea.Staff couldn,t have been more helpful and nearly all spoke good english.Nothing was too much trouble.A bit busy at breakfast, but plenty of room, and food stations were replenished regularly.
A bit more entertainment at night would have been great,but they did have music on Fri & Sat nights. Not the cheapest of resorts but you do get what you pay for.
Only down side the Fish resturant, don,t be fooled by the prices on the menu for catch of the day, you pay per weight,very costly.
All in all a great holiday and we would all go back.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family