Sun Gardens Dubrovnik
TripAdvisor
Tirena Hotel(Dubrovnik)
TripAdvisor
2,140 results
All reviewssports centrethe radisson bluclub roompasta restaurantshuttle buskids clubadult poolsea viewsports facilitiesold townbeautiful resortstar resortla pastasun gardenshuttle servicetennis courtstable tennis
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The Radisson Blu Resort at Dubrovnik is an amazing hotel. I rented a studio with two other friends and spent the majority of the time at the resort. The food was excellent, the staff was exceedingly friendly, and the beach was a snorkler's dream. What made the resort even better was the on-sight grocery store, where we could buy food or drinks if we didn't want to spend the money at one of the many restaurants. I would add that the price to go into town was about 200 kuna each way for a taxi, which starts to add up. Also, if you forgot to pack swim wear, buy it in town and not at the resort. The price for those kind of items borders on the absurd. Although eating dinner there can be quite expensive, the food was always fantastic. The only meal that didn't quite seem worth the price was breakfast. At 12 euro a person, (about 16 dollars) I expected a bit more variety. Other than that, the resort was everything I could have hoped for.

I should also note that we went during the off season. Because of that, there wasn't a lot to do in the evening. Also, there weren't too many guests. The guests that were there were predominantly families or couples.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your excellent feedback.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay, I had noted your feedback that the food was excellent, the staff was exceedingly friendly.

As I am sure you are aware we do offer 9 transfer per day into the old city in Aug / Sep starting at 10 a.m till 11 p.m for only 5 Euro on the shuttle bus each way, guest can chosse from the shuttle service or from a outside Taxi company.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is our second stay at the Radisson Blu. The location is fantastic and the hotel amenities are very good. There are criticisms that the hotel is isolated but if you hire a car or make use of the shuttle bus service to Dubrovnik these become less important. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. We stayed this time in the Residences rather than hotel and had some problems with cooking hob and dishwasher. The duty manager organised a complete replacement of both units in less than an hour!
Overall I would thoroughly recommend this hotel but you should be aware that it is not wholly suitable for people with walking difficulties as there are lots of steep steps; and despite what it says on some websites there is no self service laundry and no DVD player in the Residence apartment. Further, the lighting in the area between the main reception and the Residence reception could be improved at night - the steps can be treacherous.

Despite these relatively minor criticisms the Radisson Blu is an elegant solution for a relaxed stay around Dubrovnik.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us for the second time, and thank you for your feedback.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and that all staff that you experienced was nice and friendly. As you are aware the complex is set on a hill side with sweeping view of the ocean with stairs and in the main building 3 lifts to all upper floors.

We are starting with a golf buggy taxi service next season to assist all guests with the walk from the restaurant promenade to the lobby.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The big thing about this hotel is it's location on the Croatian coastline on the Adriatic Sea about 15km North of Dubrovnik. Views of the sea, islands off the coast, cliffs, mountains and surprising amounts of greenery make this a stunningly beautiful place. The hotel makes best use of these assets with modern but sympathetic architecture the buildings blend into the landscape very well. There is a combination of hotel and self catering residences with multiple pools, beeches (pebble), shops and restaurants. There is also a jetty where the hotel water taxi makes regular trips back and forth to Dubrovnik. If you want it to be, the whole complex is pretty much self contained and provides a variety of opportunities to have a good holiday.

The staff are good particularly on the cleaning and maintenance side of things. We probably made the best of it by taking a spacious one bedroomed apartment with sufficient facilities to manage our own catering. We also hired a car for the duration of our stay which gave us a range of options at a reasonable cost.

The restaurants are expensive, particularly drinks. There is a supermarket on site which is pricey but I thought reasonable by hotel standards. Better to make trips to one of the supermarkets in Dubrovnik. We had electricity and water cuts during our stay which lasted for a few hours on each occasion.

Overall a good place and a good holiday but my advice is to go there with the option of looking after yourself as much as you can whilst making the best use of the location and the hotel facilities you can use as a part of the basic price. The alternative is that if you want purely a hotel based holiday it will be very expensive.

Room Tip: If you choose and apartment make sure you get one with a decent sea view with a breeze and away from trees as there insect issues.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lanerope

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your feedback.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Sadly we did have a short water and power cut during your stay and I do apologies for the inconvenience, this was due to the local government water and power company having problems with supply due to a breakdown of equipment. I would like to stress that this was in no part due to any problem with Dubrovnik Sun Gardens.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Really nice complex including hotel and residence! All the facilities are clean and new. Service is nice and staff friendly.

The room (1 bedroom residence) was really nice. The only issue we found was with the daily cleaning of the room, was fast but not as should be in a 5 star resort (some dirt was left on the floor)!

Car recommended since it is almost 20km from Dubrovnik and not so much at walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your feedback.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and that all staff that you experienced were nice and friendly.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Not being the most well off, to decide to spend almost the same amount on a one night stay at this hotel as it had cost for almost 10 days in our apartment was a gamble, but a gamble that was worth every penny. They could not find our reservation, as I'd only made it spur of the moment the night before, but no flapping, on receipt if my email confirmation they didn't have a standard room but would upgrade us to a deluxe without so much as as a by your leave.

The decor is subtle, room, with a balcony overlooking the Adriatic and various islands, very well presented and most importantly we could hear nothing of the other hotel guests. The bed was perfect and the air cooling system reasonably quiet. All mod cons available.

On arrival, I swam in the sea on the very accessible beach whilst the hubby was off to the gym. Refreshed we drove into Dubrovnik, about 11 km, for our night out. On our return I had the obligatory G&T at the bar. The service was great and for such a big hotel we seemed to be able to find quiet spots to enjoy our drinks. They were pricey but that was expected.

Breakfast provided me with the chance to eat more than I normally do in a week. Fresh fruit, baked breads, cheese, salmon etc. It was splendid.

We did not feel rushed to leave and when we did depart felt relaxed and ready for a day of Dubrovnik sightseeing. Would recommend a car as is a little way out of town, and park in the public car park at the top of the old town in Dubrovnik if walking a little way up and down a hill is not a problem.

Not sure I would want to stay my whole holiday here but for a couple of nights or long weekend it is perfect.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

I was happy to read your feedback that the resort was value for money, hopefull next time you can spend a little more time with us to fully experience all service.