We travelled as a coule with two kids (5 and 7) and stayed in a two bed residence. Overall the holiday ticked all the boxes and was very relaxing - the kids loved the pools and sea swimming in the amazingly clear water, the accommodation was excellent both in size and cleanliness. The resort was busy but as its so spread out it didn't feel overcrowded and we never struggled to get beds at the pool or beach.
We stayed on half board, the breakfasts were great both in food selection and the service. For evening meal we had the choice of two restaurants, a buffet and pasta. The food and service in pasta was good, the food in the buffet restaurant was ok but the service was not too good. Initially we struggled to get kids meals, staff expected the kids to eat from the buffet but we overcame this issue. Some nights we ordered our meals in the room.
We went to Dubrovnik by private car for £20 each way - some people say this is expensive but I don't think so and the service was great. The other option is to travel by boat
There is a water sports centre on the beach where we jet skied and got dragged along on an inflatable ring, the equipment was very modern and we felt safe. It was about £150 for 1 hour guided jet ski and £35 for the inflatable, I little expensive but the views were great! Somthing to remember
Other reviewers have commented on prices of food and drink, having travelled a lot I thought the prices were ok and in line with hotels of this type. You are looking at about £4 for a large beer or wine or juice by the pool. You can also order room service to the pool for lunch, but we used the local shop and made sandwiches for lunch.
On the downside checkin wasn't great with rooms not available until 4pm and staff didn't seem to know what was included on fullboard. Plus getting guided to the room wasn't too easy with 3 heavy bags.
Overall I would highly recommend this place if you want to chill out and relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying a privileged location just steps away from a picturesque beach, resort offers wide array of rooms, suites and residences. With its award winning 3500 m2 Spa, large Sport center, beach, 3 outdoor pools and marina, conference facilities it's designed for ultimate luxury holiday experience. Gourmet heaven is the only way to describe the dining options at this five-star Adriatic Sea hotel. Guests are spoilt for choice with a fabulous array of restaurants, poolside eateries, bars and a unique Market Place concept, serving up delicious international and local dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sun Gardens Dubrovnik reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort & Spa At Dubrovnik Sun Gardens Hotel Dubrovnik
- Radisson Blu Resort And Spa At Dubrovnik Sun Gardens
- Radisson Blu Hotel Dubrovnik Riviera
- Sun Gardens Dubrovnik Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia - Orasac