“Fantastic relaxing Resort with great views”

Sun Gardens Dubrovnik
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Orasac
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We travelled as a coule with two kids (5 and 7) and stayed in a two bed residence. Overall the holiday ticked all the boxes and was very relaxing - the kids loved the pools and sea swimming in the amazingly clear water, the accommodation was excellent both in size and cleanliness. The resort was busy but as its so spread out it didn't feel overcrowded and we never struggled to get beds at the pool or beach.

We stayed on half board, the breakfasts were great both in food selection and the service. For evening meal we had the choice of two restaurants, a buffet and pasta. The food and service in pasta was good, the food in the buffet restaurant was ok but the service was not too good. Initially we struggled to get kids meals, staff expected the kids to eat from the buffet but we overcame this issue. Some nights we ordered our meals in the room.

We went to Dubrovnik by private car for £20 each way - some people say this is expensive but I don't think so and the service was great. The other option is to travel by boat

There is a water sports centre on the beach where we jet skied and got dragged along on an inflatable ring, the equipment was very modern and we felt safe. It was about £150 for 1 hour guided jet ski and £35 for the inflatable, I little expensive but the views were great! Somthing to remember

Other reviewers have commented on prices of food and drink, having travelled a lot I thought the prices were ok and in line with hotels of this type. You are looking at about £4 for a large beer or wine or juice by the pool. You can also order room service to the pool for lunch, but we used the local shop and made sandwiches for lunch.

On the downside checkin wasn't great with rooms not available until 4pm and staff didn't seem to know what was included on fullboard. Plus getting guided to the room wasn't too easy with 3 heavy bags.

Overall I would highly recommend this place if you want to chill out and relax.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dmccarr1
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your feedback.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with your family, I do apologies in regarding to the check in to your room but our check in time into the apartment is 4 p.m. I did note your comment on breakfast and the service, I am glad that you enjoyed both.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Possibly the best holiday we ever had. Went with my wife for our 4th wedding anniversary. The resort was the best we could choose of, perfect location, 3 large swimming pools, private beach nice places to eat and few bars by the pools. What else would you want?! plus the weather in last two weeks of August were amazing. Customer service at the desks and all the restaurants are very professional and helpful. Will definitely be back there.
Ps. location is just perfect, little drive by bus from the hotel but you wouldn't have to go to town many times as there is everything you need in the resort.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nick_Elt1
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your excellent feedback.

I was happy to read your title of Best Holiday Ever, I am glad that you had spent your wedding anniversary with us and the team exceed your expectations.

I do hope to welcome you back one day soon and hope that you have your 5th Anniversary with us!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful week at this resort in October 2012. We'd booked a one bedroom apartment which was spotlessly clean and beautifully furnished. The staff were extremely helpful and courteous - we arrived several hours ahead of the scheduled check-in time but were shown to our apartment immediately. We were staying during low season so not all the restaurants were open, which is to be expected. Similarly, only one pool was open, but for the amount of quests staying this was more than big enough. The small resort supermarket was quite pricey but, once we knew this it was easy to shop elsewhere - either in the small local village (which is within walking distance) or in Dubrovnik itself.

We ate in 3 of the restaurants and they were all extremely good - great service and good range of dishes. I also had a fantastic massage in the stunning spa.

The hotel runs regular shuttle buses into the centre of Dubrovnik or you can catch the local public bus. We also took the boat shuttle on one occasion which was a great way to arrive in the city.

Overall, I couldn't fault this place. It was exactly what we wanted - a luxurious and relaxing holiday.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you your excellent review.

I had read that you enjoyed the overall resort, I was happy to note that all service staff were extremely helpful and courteous I will pass on your feedback on to the team.

I do hope to welcome you back again to experience the many changes that we have made.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is a very nice resort, but as many reviewers have already mentioned, the cost of everything is very high. However, I have been to many resorts that charge much higher prices.

The high prices aside, the resort is lovely. It's clean, modern and has everything you need. There are many restaurants to choose from and there's a decent room service menu as well. Although a pizza selection would be a good addition to this.

Initially we were placed in a room on the third floor, but we weren't satisfied with this, so the hotel moved us to the 5th floor on the 2nd day of our stay. The original room was an accessible room with a 'wet room' style bathroom, which was not at all suitable, and the noise of scraping chairs from the restaurant above was extremely irritating. However once we had moved to the 5th floor we had no such complaints. The reception staff were very helpful and accommodating throughout.

The bedrooms are nicely decorated and contain everything you need. The toiletries are very nice, but the towels are a little small and the hair dryer was pathetic.

We had a sea view room with a balcony containing two loungers. The views are lovely and it'd be a shame to stay here and not have a room with a view.

There are several pools to choose from at the resort and we solely used the adult pool. The peace and quiet and lack of screaming children was lovely. The pool attendants are efficient and friendly and the loungers are comfortable. My only gripe is the amount of wasps. People were constantly having to swat them away and they were a constant irritation. The hotel really must look at doing something to deter these pests.

There is also a beach at the resort, but as it's a pebble beach we preferred the pool. The stones are very uncomfortable to walk on.

Having spent the first four nights of our holiday at the Hilton Imperial next to the City Walls, we didn't do anything but relax during our five night stay at the Radisson. I'd highly recommend splitting your holiday between these two hotels, to allow you to enjoy all aspects of Dubrovnik.

Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend this resort. The staff are all very welcoming and helpful and the overall quality of the resort is very high.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Queneth_Veneth
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your feedback.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed the overall high quality of the resort.

I did note that you enjoyed the adult’s pool, we do receive many positive comments on this issue the resort is blessed with 4 pools and a beach to chosse from which is unique compare with other resorts in Dubrovnik.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had a big business trip to the Radisson Blu and it was great fun. We had boat trips to and from Dubrovnik, great modern comfortable rooms and a lovely spa.

The weather changed half way through, but at least we could utilize the indoor pool and spa to keep us busy. It is a little bit of a treck from dubrovnik about 40 minute away, but the water taxis and bus shuttle services orgnaised through the hotel made this very easy.

I loved th little market street with shops and supermarket as well as the hotel restaurants and backery.

Would go again and had a great time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your feedback.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed the overall resort, and that you used the indoor pool. We do offer both a bus and boat trip transfer to Dubrovnik the bus take approx 15 to 20 mins.

I was glad to read that you enjoyed the food and the shopping street at the resort!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed here in June 2013, as a friend of my wife was getting married in Dubrovnik. We chose the hotel as it had a pool and the next hotel up from this price wise with a pool was a massive leap. The hotel is a fair trek from Dubrovnik and when you add up the taxi fares adds a decent whack to your overall costs. There is a bus and a boat to be fair, however we didn't use either. The Hotel is in pretty good condition, the rooms were really nice, we were on the first floor with a sea view and really liked the room. Overall the hotel was nice, it was more of a resort, with multiple restaurants and pools etc. The restaurants are pretty pricy so beware! The breakfast was good, lots of choice and good service. The beach was always pretty empty, bring some flip flops as its a pebble beach. Our only negative was that the house keeping where not particularly good, they weren't bad, but were a bit inconsistent. The spa by the way is fantastic and also there are two gyms, one in the sports club with we only found on the last day which was more suitable to my regime.

So all in all a pretty nice place, more suited to a weeks lounging than w long weekends site seeing

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your review.

I had read that you enjoyed the overall resort, we do have a large selection of pools and sports facilities one of the best in Croatia with 4 pools and 2 gyms with 3 tennis courts to name a few. I do apologies for the inconsistence of the house keeping department I have meet with the manager to focus on such issues.

I do hope to welcome you back one day soon and thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Good resort fantastic facilities just pity that price range in eateries appears to drive people into dubrovnik which also comes at a price via shuttle bus accomodation gym spa cannot be faulted just if food situation was more reasonalbly priced could turn this resort into the best went to dubrovnik 6 nights out of seven with more reasonalble prices would not have left resort bit of biting your nose of to spite your face

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your feedback.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed the overall resort.

I had noted your feedback in regards to prices in restaurants and bars. As you may be aware we do have a total of 6 different restaurants each to suit all budgets and tastes from a casual counter service to a semi formal dining room.

A pastry shop with sandwiches & sweets 4 Euro to a Pizza in La Pasta for 10 Euro or a great steak at 20 Euro in the Butchers Grill and we also offer an all you can eat BBQ at Sunset pool with burgers, kebabs and salads etc for only 15 Euro.

I do hope to welcome you back one day soon, to try more of what we offer in all areas.

mario.stanic@radissonblu.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orasac
Hotel More
Hotel Excelsior Dubrovnik
Hotel Excelsior Dubrovnik
#8 of 68 in Dubrovnik
Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel

Been to Sun Gardens Dubrovnik? Share your experiences!