Don't get me wrong ...if someone offered me another week at this hotel next week I would bite their hand off ...and then ask for their credit card to pick up the tab!
We (mum, dad and three kids aged 9, 11 and 13) stayed here in August 2013 for 6 nights after a week's sailing from Split. We arrived by hire car from Split (3.5 hours drive) and were greeted professionally and taken to our apartment by golf buggy. Our bags were brought in and then ....they hung around almost to the point of embarrassment until they got their tip. That sets the tone. It's a bit like the feeling of being in Disney ...you've paid a great deal of money to be there and not they are going to take even more money off whenever possible.
The resort consists of a large hotel brought by Radisson Blu and a set of appartments arranged in 4 blocks arranged along the hillside, all around a gently curving bay with beach and marina, pools (3) and eateries (lost count at 8) above, apartments, hotel and finally a sports centre up beside the main road.
We had booked a 2 bed apartment with eldest child accommodated on sofa bed. The apartment had an enormous private terrace, two bathrooms, kitchen area, dining area and more. It was fabulous, comfortable, air conditioned and with views to die for. In my opinion the best spot in the resort (apartment 2211).
Food, drink and any extras are ludicrously expensive as other reviewers have highlighted. A round of drinks at the poolside set us back almost £20 and unless you are comfortable with that level of expenditure (and if you are that's great too) you will feel, as we did, that you always have to be careful and ask before you sit down or draw up a bar stool.
Faultlessly clean, courteous staff, not over crowded, great facilities and quirky spa. Other reviewers have put described the plus sides of this resort well and I don't think I would disagree with any of them. But good value ....hmmm that's a difficult one and this reviewer would say not.
Oh, and many of the hotel guests had booked through booking dot com which would imply they have some good offers perhaps?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying a privileged location just steps away from a picturesque beach, resort offers wide array of rooms, suites and residences. With its award winning 3500 m2 Spa, large Sport center, beach, 3 outdoor pools and marina, conference facilities it's designed for ultimate luxury holiday experience. Gourmet heaven is the only way to describe the dining options at this five-star Adriatic Sea hotel. Guests are spoilt for choice with a fabulous array of restaurants, poolside eateries, bars and a unique Market Place concept, serving up delicious international and local dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sun Gardens Dubrovnik reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort & Spa At Dubrovnik Sun Gardens Hotel Dubrovnik
- Radisson Blu Resort And Spa At Dubrovnik Sun Gardens
- Radisson Blu Hotel Dubrovnik Riviera
- Sun Gardens Dubrovnik Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia - Orasac