We stayed for one night at the Radisson Blu resort, which is a few kilmometers outside Dubrovnik, on a hillside overlooking the beautiful sea. It is a stunning location, with amazing views, its own pleasant sea beach, and excellent parking and landscaped grounds. The hotel is nice: decent rooms, pleasant public spaces, excellent breakfast buffet, good staff. The spa is absolutely outstanding - really terrific, no hard-sell for treatments, very clean, and with unusual, thoughtful facilities - a hammam, several saunas, a delightful pool, as well as a well-equipped gym.
The down-side: the restaurants at the resort are not up to scratch, and the resort has to work harder to get some atmosphere going. We ate at the Pasta restaurant: the food was decent, with a nice menu with a wide variety of choice, but there was not much atmosphere, service was charming but chaotic, and all the 200 Kuna bottles of wine were 'unavailable', meaning we had to order a 300 Kuna bottle, which was not impressive. Everywhere else in the resort was deserted, apart from the barbeque, which didn't seem to have any vegetarian options. The ice-cream stand closed at 10pm, so our desire to enjoy the night air with a stroll and an ice-cream didn't happen. We went to hear some Cuban live music on the terrace, which was great, and enjoyed a drink there, but, again, not many people were around, and afterwards we went to Ginja nightclub, and joined 8 others guests sitting in an empty space!
The resort is beautiful, but I would have felt isolated if I'd been staying any longer. I would recommend the resort for families with kids, as it is so safe and clean and well organised, but I think younger couples looking for a fun time will rather be in or more close to Dubrovnik. That said, other hotels in the town do not have such an enviously good location, beach, pools, or easy access to the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying a privileged location just steps away from a picturesque beach, resort offers wide array of rooms, suites and residences. With its award winning 3500 m2 Spa, large Sport center, beach, 3 outdoor pools and marina, conference facilities it's designed for ultimate luxury holiday experience. Gourmet heaven is the only way to describe the dining options at this five-star Adriatic Sea hotel. Guests are spoilt for choice with a fabulous array of restaurants, poolside eateries, bars and a unique Market Place concept, serving up delicious international and local dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sun Gardens Dubrovnik reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort And Spa At Dubrovnik Sun Gardens
- Radisson Blu Resort & Spa At Dubrovnik Sun Gardens Hotel Dubrovnik
- Radisson Blu Hotel Dubrovnik Riviera
- Sun Gardens Dubrovnik Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia - Orasac