“Dubrovnik Croatia”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Orasac
Waltham, Massachusetts
“Dubrovnik Croatia”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Just one of the nicest hotels I have ever visited!!! Staff were so helpful and polite, servers in restaurant were nothing short of outstanding. My room faced the Adriatic and had a wonderful patio to enjoy my coffee in the morning. The pools were fantastic and restaurants excellent and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: I had a room on the Adriatic side - very beautiful balcony to sit outside in the morning and enjoy m...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Joyce C
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your feedback.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed our resort, and that the service and food in the restaurants and bars was excellent from all team members. I will pass on your feedback.

mario.stanic@radissonblu.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We've just returned from a fantastic 9 day stay at the Radisson resort, near Dubrovnik. the apartment was an ideal size, the facilities excellent and the service of all the staff absolutely first class. The only let down is the extortionate price of all the food & drink on the resort.
The prices for eating out as a family of five at all the resort restaurants were twice as high as the restaurants elsewhere (in Dubrovnik itself) and twice as high as that at home. This did not spoil our holiday but I wouldn't return to the resort as it made it a very expensive holiday.
We had checked tripadvisor before booking our holiday but had seen no comments on the price of food & drink. However after having been left reeling from the bill at one of the restaurants on the first night, we checked tripadvisor again and noted in recent months this same theme arising. Perhaps the prices have recently been hiked ?
As the bus transfer to Dubrovnik is £8 per person, it's actually far more economical to pay this & eat in the old town where there are many excellent restaurants !
The breakfast at the resort is excellent and this does represent value for money.
All in all, dubrovnik is a beautiful place top visit & the resort has all that you could wish for. It's a pity though that ALL the restaurants on the resort are so ludicrously priced.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank neilm7062
It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, I would like to thank you for your feedback.

Thank you for your comments that you enjoyed your room and the resort on the whole. I have noted your comments regarding prices we offer a wide selection of outlets to choose from to fit all budget from a sandwich shop from 4 Euro to a Pizza at 10 Euro to a Tenderlion Steak in Butchers Grill for 20 Euro as examples. As you may remember we have in one week a total of 7 restaurants to choose from, no other five star hotel in Dubrovnik offers such a wide range to choose from for dinner.

I do hope to welcome you back one day soon, so that you can see our complete offering.

brussels
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I need by saying that the facilities at the Radisson Blu Dubrovnik are first rate. The resort is still quite new, and the people building clearly didn't hold back in getting everything right from the swimming pools to the facilities overall.

But I'm afraid that I must say that this same degree of excellence hasn't yet translated into the service levels of the hotel itself. Service quality strongly depends on the person who happens to be in front of you.

This can be great news, if you're being helped by the marvellous lady who operates the french café and is a gem in every possible way. But it can also be a rather unpleasant contrast if the person replacing her the next day not only prepares your orders with much less attention, but also just shrugs that "you're out of luck" if you point out he forgot a major ingredient.

If this happens once, it can be forgiven, but if within less than a week it happens in four different instances throughout a hotel which puts five stars in its brochure, there's more going on (e.g. one day great pizza and service, next day: different cook & waiter: lousy - same - pizza and "shrug" if you point it out).

So, while I would recommend the hotel for its facilities and overall experience, I would also suggest to go in with a mindset for a "4 star" so you don't get disappointed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Alain T
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your feedback.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed our pools, Spa and the overall resort. I am sorry to read about your negative experience with service and the kitchen, I did read that one day your pizza was excellent and the second day only good!! Naturally the team does have standard recipes for all dishes and this should be followed from person to person. I will follow up with the Exec Chef and his team with your feedback.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This resort is in a stunning location is clean and well designed. The rooms are very comfortable, stylish and I would definately recommend choosing a room with a sea view the junior suites are gorgeous.

Dubrovnik is easily accessed via the shuttle bus, although it would be good to have a few more during the day and in addition run the shuttle down to the arboretum and up to Orasac and a nearby bay. You must walk the walks in dubrovnik but suggest in the early evening in summer.

We really wanted to love this resort with all it's pools , great rooms and friendly staff but they really do need to address the pricing of the food. Reading through some other reviews the response from the hotel is that the pricing in the restaurants is similar to that of other five star hotels in the area.....the point is that the quality of the food certainly is NOT five star. It wouldn't take much tweaking to make this a great resort and apparently they are opening another restaurant next year serving Asian influenced food
Here's what could make the difference
1. Better chef's or retraining of how to present food
2. Review the pricing on seafood/ fish of the day prices very high compared to other countries
3. A deli would be great as the supermarket choice is limited
4. Reduce the shuttle bus cost

I really hope they listen to customers feedback as at the moment the resort is slightly let down by the food aspect and as I said earlier with a few tweaks it really could be great

If they can get the food right then it would probably knock the socks off all it's close competitors due to the resort amenties, friendly staff and beautiful view

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank NYCCP2009
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your feedback it was a pleasure to have met you both.

Thank you for your comments that you enjoyed your room and the resort on the whole. In regards to the shuttle bus and boat service this time of year we do offer 8 various times per day to the old city as you are aware this is only 5 Euro per trip one way for the bus. We do try and keep this price as low as possible, given the 20 min trip each way. The travel counter also offer private cars with a driver which is normally a new Mercedes which is priced a little over a local taxi so very good value for money.

As we discussed, we are planning to open a new Asia Restaurant next year to give the guests even more choice. I have meet with our Exec Chef and Kitchen team to ensure that ongoing training and standards are meet and the team is refocused. As you aware we do have offer 6 restaurants from a BBQ grill for lunch to our steak and seafood to name a few we try and price each one to fit all taste and budgets.

I do hope to welcome you back one day soon, I do thank you again for all of your feedback which I and the team are addressing.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We spent 1 night at Radisson Blu at Dubrovnik. The property is beautiful and directly on the Adriatic sea. The rooms are very nice and functional. Service at the resort is excellent.
There are various restaurants located throughout the hotel resort. We ate at one of them. Restaurants are a bit pricey however this is Dubrovnik, most expensice touristic city in Croatia.
Would love to return one day. .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your feedback.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed our resort, and that the service was excellent from all team members.

Milngavie, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We booked here for 11 nights in a twin room though Jet2 holidays. We booked bed and breakfast, with just a slight mishap over the booking as we had booked a twin but they had given us a double. Our double was on the 5th floor and although as advertised all rooms view the sea, it is not quite the case, you just get to see the sea but the views are still good. We eventually got a 1st floor room but were told it did not have a view which in fact it did, just. The rooms are amazing, one of the biggest rooms I have ever been in. The bath/shower is a bit difficult to get in and out so if you had anyone going who had difficulty climbing into a bath, I would check for an accessible room.
In the 11 night we were there we were just amazed at how quiet the room and balcony were even with the hotel full and with the grounds so spacious, you don't feel hemmed in.
The places to eat and also amazing although expensive. The buffet restaurants are around £30 plus beverages. The cheapest place is probably La Pasta where a pizza is about £10. Cocktails are £8-10. Tea/coffe is £2.50.
The bus into Dubrovnik is £9 return where you can get cheaper food but can be busy when the cruise ships are in but an amazing place, clean and very pretty. The boat from the hotel will only go if there is enough people for about £9 one way and worth the trip.
Free wifi is available even down at the 3 pools and the are lots of sun beds. One pool is adult only, marina pool, whilst I love kids, the peace and quiet is welcome on holiday so the adult pool was great. The 2 other pools have music and water aerobics and lots of stuff for the kids. Pool towels are also available free.
This hotel attracts many Europeans, it also attracts lots of Russians and those from local non EU countries so if you are ok with the diversity of folk, you will be fine.
Would definitely recommend this hotel for its cleanliness, great hotel staff, rooms, facilities, spa is amazing and fabulous food and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Ask for frontfacing room on floors 4-6. Think floor 6 is executive. Floors 1-3 are closer to the res...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RAD1213
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your feedback.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed our pools, Spa and the service team in the overall resort. I will pass on your excellent comment regarding the cleanliness of the resort to our team.

Finland
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed here in a 2 bedroom residence apartment for a week at the end of June. The apartment was very spacious, nicely decorated with big balcony over viewing the beautiful sea and surroundings. I think you miss a lot if don't have the sea view room. Since we did not want to stay in center of Dubrovnik, the location of this resort was great, especially for a first visit to Croatia.
The resort has 3 pools (one is for adults only), nice spa, sport center with various activities, and several restaurants. Food is good in all restaurants but be prepared to pay 5 star hotel prices. Good breakfast. There's a small grocery store which sell basic stuff - ok for snacks.

We had some problems with internet connection but that was fairly quickly fixed. All in all, there were only two things that we were not so pleased about. The bed was not comfortable - the mattress was hard that we had sleepless nights. This 5 star hotel could not provide any extra mattress by request. The other thing was excursion organized by Korkyra Travel at the resort - a half day boat rental for snorkeling and for seeing the nice neighborhood. The boat was completely inappropriate for the windy conditions of the day and the snorkeling equipments were incomplete. The excursion was not very professionally planned so have to say that it didn't meet our expectations. Can't blame the captain of the boat who was very friendly.

However, we enjoyed the resort and had a relaxing week in the perfect weather.

Room Tip: Rooms with sea view!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

In regards to the Korkyra travel counter as this is a third partie operator I will meet with the Manager to look into the subject regarding to the boat.

Dubrovnik Sun Gardens
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orasac
Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel
#6 of 68 in Dubrovnik
Rixos Hotel Libertas
Rixos Hotel Libertas
#13 of 68 in Dubrovnik

Been to Sun Gardens Dubrovnik? Share your experiences!