“Great hotel!”

Sun Gardens Dubrovnik
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Orasac
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The hotel really exceeded all expectations. The staff has been very friendly, the rooms are clean; the food is great (albeit very pricy). We visited the spa a couple times, it was very nice and relaxing. The hotel is a 10-minute drive from Dubrovnik, which was not a problem since we had a rental car, but hotel does offer a shuttle.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank EugeneChicago
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your feedback.

Thank you for your comments that we exceed your expecations, I wil pass on your feedback to the team.

There are newer reviews for Sun Gardens Dubrovnik

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I really like the setting of this hotel, its set down from the road, down towards the ocean. Its a modern style, if a bit of a mish mash of styles. Upon check-in were were offered an upgrade to a 'deluxe' room because of club carlson status - great! except the 'Deluxe' room was pretty much exactly the same as the standard room. The view was pretty but dark as it was on the other side of the hotel. We politely asked to be moved but were told it was fully booked. (it was extremely quiet so I can only assume that all the many guests were out!?)

The breakfast is good with a good selection and the restaurant was pretty with lovely views. We were going to try one of the restaurants but they were all closed by around 10pm so didnt get the chance. Room service was delicious. As our stay went on we again asked to be moved to a sunny room and the only one they had available was a room very, very far away (be warned 434 is faaaaar) but it was private, had a partial seaview (though it did include the enormous steel chimney) IF ONLY we'd have gotten a suite which looked nice but....you cant have everything.

Special shout out to the cleaning staff - they did a very good job, folding clothes and replacing towels and each day when we got back to the room it was spotless again. (I so wish I had this kind of service at home!) beds were comfy, rooms okay and lots of TV channels.

Its quite resorty and the pool areas/beaches are great! I really enjoyed the 'adults only' pool - even if some people still let their kids in, it was much quieter than the others) Location is okay - we had a car so it was okay but it was a good 15min drive to Dubrovnik and the transfer wasn't that frequent.

I really wanted to love this place, it seems impressive when you check in and I really like the interior design. The HUGE window in the shower is extremely sexy and I wholeheatedly approve (wouldn't stay with a friend!) Its an alright property but I think slightly lacking in service. I don't think anyone would be disappointed here but I wasn't as 'wowed' as I was expecting.

Room Tip: As for a room on the sunny side or straight on (which I think is the right hand side (standing from...
1  Thank Bjam F

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your feedback.

Thank you for your comments on breakfast and the quality of our housekeeping team, I will pass on your feedback to the team.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Had 32 of our close family and friends stay with us at the Radisson Blu Dubrovnik and we couldn't have had a better overall experience. One of the managers at the hotel, Paul Uglesic made our stay and event an absolute success and I look forward to recommending this venue to my work management committee for their next international offsite!

This hotel offers great resort facilities from the 3 large pools to the multiple restaurants, great Spa and sports center (used it to watch both the champions league final and Monaco F1 race on the big screen :) It may be 15mins by car to the Old town but planning your trip properly it feels like a proper resort stay without the crowded mess off staying in Dubrovnik especially when 3 large cruise ships take over. TIP: Go to the old town in the evenings when the ships set sail and you can have a more authentic old town experience.

Thanks to all at the Radisson Blu Dubrovnik for making our stay memorable!

3  Thank Charlotte W
RadBluDub, Owner at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your feedback.

Thank you for your comments that you had a excellent stay for your 32 persons wedding group, I wil pass on your feedback to the team. I am happy to read that enjoyed the all of the facilities of the Resort.

I do hope to welcome you the bride and groom back one day very soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Last year we booked a city break to Dubrovnik to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Unfortunately we had to cancel it because my husband had a motorbike accident. So this year we decided to rebook, but thought we would make a proper holiday of the trip and stay for a week. We picked the Sun Gardens, because we had the option of booking an apartment (my husband is not a huge fan of hotel rooms), but this still meant that we could enjoy all the facilities of a large hotel complex. We had a great time! In fact we only left the hotel once, to go into Dubrovnik. The apartment was large, very well equipped, cleaned every day. The only issue we had, was that the balcony was quite narrow and the balcony furniture was uncomfortable. We stayed at the beginning of May, and it seemed as though the Hotel were beginning to open up more of their facilities for the Summer season. Four of the restaurants were open with a good range of cuisines. Two outdoor pools were available, both very clean, with plenty of sunbeds and bar service. The most disappointing aspect for me, was that the hotel's private beach was closed for reconstruction work. There were trucks and diggers going up and down it all week and often into the evening, moving sand and pebbles, and unfortunately we had no prior notification that this facility would not be available. A decent beach is important to me on holiday and had we known about this we would almost certainly not have booked this hotel.

1  Thank KarenE284
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your feedback.

It was a delight to read that you enjoyed your apartment our restaurants & bars.

I am sorry for the experience of the beach work, each year we need to refill the beach following the winter storms which occur. As you can image these storms occur at various times each year so we conduct our work at that time, it is very hard to give any guest the exact times that this will occur. This work only occur once a year & only for aprox 3 to 4 days , during this time we still offer 2 o 4 pools

Reviewed June 1, 2013

For food to be this expensive, it has to be very good indeed. Otherwise, good hotel or not (and it was a good hotel with excellent staff and amenities), you feel short-changed. Illustration: pizza/ pasta meal for 5 cost over £100. Nothing special, some of it not great at all. A very small glass of red wine cost equivalent of £8. We had a lovely self-catering apartment, but, to add to food nightmare, the items available in the onsite supermarket were limited and inexplicably expensive. We were told by the staff (who were obviously uncomfortable with the pricing) that the prices had recently been put up: one assumes, for a captive market. It was a shame. It might have been better to swallow the prices and the food. But being ripped off is unpleasant.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Halcyon11
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your feedback

Thank you for your comments that you enjoyed your apartment and the service by the team at the resort.

I had noted your comment that prices are high, each year we review our prices in line with the market and other five star Hotels / Resorts both in Dubrovnik and on a International level. We of course keep all these factors in mind when setting our prices each year and look to provide the best products with a five star value for money. I would like to stress that our prices are in line or lower in some case than other five star hotels in Dubrovnik.

In regards to the Mini Market on site this store is a Croatia supermarket chain and is a third partie operator. The prices and range of products are both set by the store inself and not by the resort.

I do hope to welcome you back one day soon, if I can be of any assit pls drop me a direct line.

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

It's a great place to stay if you're there for visiting the greatest city Dubrovnik! -Indeed, it's like 15 minutes away driving from Dubrovnik, but the road it's very good and the panorama view it's like in Paradise. It's a quite hotel and perfect to relax yourself after visiting all day. The personal are more kind, helpful and nicer now (I'm saying because croatian people doesn't smile often). The rooms are clean, with big bed, great bathroom and a beautiful sea view. It's a room that is expecting you and makes you feel comfortable almost like home. Although the food dinner was good tasting but not to variate and same at the breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank jullieiulia
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your feedback.

Thank you for your comments that you had a excellent stay, I wil pass on your feedback to the team. I am happy to read that each team member was smiling and happy to serve you during your stay and that you enjoyed the service.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

My family of 4 stayed here in May 2013 for 2 nights. It was absolutely spectacular. The service, the food, the amenities. We almost wished our whole vacation would have been here! We chose to stay in one of the residences vs a hotel room. We had about an 650 sq ft room with a balcony about 150 sq ft with 180 degree Adriatic view. It also had a fully equipped kitchen and a lovely bowl of fruit upon arrival.

Room Tip: If you are wanting to tour the city of Dubrovnik you may want to have your own car... We rented one...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mamaxs2
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your feedback.

Thank you for your comments that you had a excellent stay, I wil pass on your feedback to the team. I am happy to read that enjoyed your apartment and the large space and great balcony.

mario.stanic@radissonblu.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orasac
Hotel Dubrovnik Palace
#14 of 68 in Dubrovnik
Rixos Hotel Libertas
Rixos Hotel Libertas
#12 of 68 in Dubrovnik

Been to Sun Gardens Dubrovnik? Share your experiences!