Sun Gardens Dubrovnik
Neptun Hotel(Dubrovnik)
Ariston Hotel(Dubrovnik)
Tirena Hotel(Dubrovnik)
2,102 results
All reviewssports centrethe radisson bluclub roompasta restaurantshuttle buskids clubadult poolsea viewsports facilitiesold townbeautiful resortstar resortla pastasun gardenshuttle servicetennis courtstable tennis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 26, 2013

It's about 20-30 minutes away from Old Town Dubrovnik by car. The hotel is nice new and big. Rooms are generous and have good view of the sea from the big balconies. We went during low winter season, so only the indoor pool and spa was open, but I assume that the place will be even better during the summer when the outdoor pools are open.

To get to Old Town, they have a free shuttle bus or you can hire your own car. We also used their chauffered car service to take a day trip to Montenegro. Kotor Bay is beautiful and having an experienced drive to navigate the roads was great.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Peter L
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your feedback.

Thank you for your comments on your room and service at the hotel, I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We were there in May when they were just gearing up for the summer season. It still looks new. Has a great spa and pool areas, we ( 3 adults) stayed in a garden residence and the sofa bed was really good, so if all that is good why haven't I rated it more highly, this is why, sporadic shuttle service to old town, taxi is 200 kuna one way, in resort restaurants are expensive ( London prices and more ) , if you are hungry in the morning there is nowhere where you can get a simple snack or a coffee, nothing opens till 12. There is a reasonable supermarket - but when we were there the fruit was mouldy. the resort would probably be good for kids, Its not near anything so you are pretty well confined to the resort area, Its a huge place, I imagine that in the summer it's all happening, if you like resorts you may like it, if you like a bit of local feel and ambience you won't find it here, I would do a day here only, see the old town, then move quickly onto Split and Hvar etc,

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank kshaz
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your feedback

Thank you for your excellent comments that you enjoyed your apartment and the sofas bed was excellent. Each year in late May we increase our shuttle service to the old city with 4 bus trip and 2 boat trip per day for all guest. The bus trip is only 5 Euro p.p each way, naturally if you choose to use taxi these rates are set by the taxi company.

I had noted your comment on prices a little high, each year we review our prices in line with the market and other five star Hotels / Resorts both in Dubrovnik and on a International level. We of course keep all these factors in mind when setting our prices each year and look to provide the best products with a five star value for money. I would like to stress that our prices are in line or lower in some case than other five star hotels in Dubrovnik.

In regards to the Mini Market on site this store is a Croatia supermarket chain and is a third partie operator. The prices and range of products are both set by the store inself and not by ourself.

I do hope to welcome you back one day soon, if I can be of any assit pls drop me a direct line.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed the 2nd time at the Radisson Blue in Dubrovnik. All rooms facing the ocean, best view from the rooms at the center of the hotel. Rooms to the sides have a bit limited view. Rooms are modern and in maritime colors. With a rollaway bed for a kid, space in the room is limited. There is a lot of noise from other guests balconies, since the balconies are all connected and the glass/concrete reflects all the noise at its best. So sleeping only with closed doors. Breakfast was on the lower average side compared to other 5-star hotels in regards of selection and quality of food. Even in low season the breakfast area seemed crowded and very noisy. Service at the lobby bar was also kind of slow and unfriendly - not 5 star level. The spa area is very nice and in good condition. Pool temperature of the indoor pool could be a bit higher. Since many guests just leave towels and cups without removing when leaving, the pool area does not look very inviting later in the day. Very spacious outside area and park around the hotel. Free parking at the underground garage. Very friendly check in and front desk ladies and also housekeeping is excellent and friendly. Dubrovnik is quite far, it's about a 30 min drive one way but the old town is worth visiting multiple times. Around the hotel is no town or village, so if you want to eat outside the hotel you need to drive to the next village 5 mins away. The admin of this hotel is poor. I did not get my invoice at check out with the comment I booked online at radisson.com and will get it via email. Since I did not - I called the hotel twice afterwards but nothing happened. Over all we will try an other hotel at the Dubrovnik area next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your feedback.

Thank you for your comments regarding our award winning Spa and your Check in and out.

I have taken note of your feedback for our breakfast I will pass you your comment onto the kitchen team, normally as outlined in some other reviews we receieve many positive comments on our breakfast? I am sorry to read that you had a negative experience.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed with friends in the Radisson Sun Gardens Hotel. All rooms are facing somehow sea front, and all rooms are equipped with sun lounges so you can realx at your balcony if you don't want to go o the pool. The hotel is very spacious, so are the rooms. Th ebreakfast is served either inside or ouside, rooms near the breakfast area are noisy so I would not recommend them. If you like a fresh orange juice for breakfast you should ask seperatly for that. The waiter are very helpful and extremely friendly. Spa is equipped with several saunas and steam room. Outdoorpool(s) are available and also sunbeds at the beach which you can access with a short walk from the hotel. Overall, this is certainly worth 5 star rating and the hotel staff is very friendly and polite and accommodating guests wishes where they can. It takes about 20 min drive to get to Dubrovnik town. The hotel has a seperate sports center, with squash court, badminton court (careful - size is slightly too small due to the court size limitation), second gym, outdoor tennis courts, soccer court outdoor, beach volleyball court. Great place to spend some time on a rainy day.

Room Tip: As mentioned, don't get a room close to the breakfast area, the noise in the morning will certainly wake you up.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your feedback.

Thank you for your comments that the hotel was a five star level with friendly polite staff. The team strive to provided a five star level of service and facitiles in all areas.

I did read your comment that you enjoyed our sports center and our Spa. I will pass you your comment onto the team.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights (16-18 may). It is a really lovely, big hotel, almost too big
so it felt a little unpersonal. There were not so many guest staying at the hotel (low season) so we got really good service and the staff really made an effort to make you have a nice stay. We had a beautiful room overlooking the Adriatic sea. There were 2 good pool areas with lots of sun beds. One day we stayed a couple of hours on the private beach area, but we were quite unlucky with the weather so the wind was to hard.But with nice ,sunny weather i am sure it must be lovely. The breakfast was excellent with plentiful choices. We ate at 3 of the restaurants and they were all good but overpriced. Especially the Wine seems always cost a lot, even when you choose Croatian domestic wine.However, we felt that after 2night/3 days we were ready to move on a bit closer to the town Dubrovnik. The area was secluded, and as it was low season there were not much entertainment or people to look at around the hotel. It seemed to have a very nice Spa, but we did not try it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cinnisen
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your feedback.

Thank you for your comments that the hotel was excellent and that you enjoyed your stay. Starting in June to Sep we will be opening our entertainment bar Ginja with live Jazz and Cuban bands during the week till the late night.

I did read your comment that you enjoyed our breakfast and service, I will pass you your comment onto the team. As you know we do offer a shuttle bus to the old town 4 times per day and a boat which departs 2 times per day so a total of 6 times per day.