“Honeymoon 2012”

Sun Gardens Dubrovnik
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Orasac
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We went in August 2012 and stayed for 4 nights. The hotel and the facilities were absolutely amazing, the hotel was clean, modern, beautiful views and had excellent restaurants and spa. The food was brilliant and the breakfasts were vast!

We moved about croatia a bit during our honeymoon and so 4 nights was enough for us here, any longer.... i think we'd have been bored. We knew it was a way from Dubrovnik so weren't prepared to travel. We literally wanted 5days to lay about the pool and do nothing in some luxury and this completely fitted the bill. it was fantastic!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your feedback from August 2012.

Thank you for your comments that the hotel was excellent and that you enjoyed your stay.

I did read your comment that you enjoyed our breakfast and service, I will pass you your comment onto the team.

I do hope to welcome you back one day soon.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Gosh, I loved the breakfast. I mean, really, I think that's gotta be what heaven is like..... Well, of course, I mean, it would be like the Radisson Blu.... but with no calories.
...wall to wall croissants, brie, bacon, fruit and coffee - at your beck and call.....

The blue sky wasn't too shabby, either. And the views from the breakfast balcony, divine.

The temperature seemed to be a perfect body temperature. With a slight breeze just to make sure I didn't over heat. Which was a bit like having a 6'4" Greek adonis wafting the odd palm leaf to cool me down. By the pool. Without talking. A tall Greek god - no talking. just wafting. The pool. Perfect. Heavenly. But while lazing and reading, I did look up long enough to muse that actually, I would be perfectly happy here with my little ones too - they would love the family pool.

An apartment that, let's face it, had a pretty redundant kitchen. A beautiful kitchen just for show. A kitchen to store the glasses and bottle opener. A kitchen from my single days. Slightly less lettuce than I had in my single days, but you know, that's what made it a perfect Girls holiday kitchen. With my mummy hat on, though - perfect enough to prepare a little family meal with stocks conveniently acquired from the little site supermarket.

A pretty useful balcony, though. Perhaps a little boxy , but it still holds some memories from both ends of the day. I loved my balcony in the immediate post dawn part of the day with a warm sun, a hot camomile and a smokin' Jack Reacher! And the other side of noon with a cool breeze, chilli chips and an icy vodka !

The residence sofa bed was remarkably comfortable - and the rest of the accommodation immaculate, beautifully kept. Our group is a collection of ladies used to travel, used to high standards and great service and we were all delighted with our abode !

The city itself was a treasure. A world treasure that shall remain in a special place in my heart for decades to come. The bays, the views, the rocks, the swimming, the people, the red wine and the mussels. The steps, the walls, the washing, the ice cream, the fountains, the cleanliness and the smiles. Recommend taking the walk around the walls ! The hotel arranges bus transfers (with a fee) down to the town and back - recommend booking the transfers though, as they are popular. Hire a boat and take a ride out to the "beach" for a swim - it's a life memory.

You must dine at the Cilantro restaurant in the hotel - you can buy fish by the kg (the staff advise quantity) and add a few salads - divine - and the service is fantastic ! Fish and salad - Nothing beats feeling healthy on holiday ! Of course, add a bit of naughty with the local wine - great prices and really very quoffable !

The currency is kuna (at 8 to the £ it kind of blew our minds working everything out!) but the euro is used a lot already - and mind the restaurant menus in the town - sometimes in kuna and sometimes in euro - and it makes a rather substantial difference ! We nearly accidentally booked a restaurant thinking the menu looked reasonable but then noticed the currency and realised our meal would have set us back nearly a thousand euros !! The views from the table were fantastic - but not worth remortgaging for !

Try the bar in the hotel - there is a wonderful sofa area where I would recommend proposing if you have it in mind....the furniture is too comfortable - you never want to leave.

Croatia proved itself a surprise, in honesty - fabulous people and a welcome addition to my holiday portfolio. The Radisson hasn't disappointed itself - it's picked up its usual fantastic buildings, layout, services, restaurants and tastefully planted them in the side of a beautiful Croatian hillside. Well done, Radisson - you've created a little slice of heaven for girls, boys and families alike - we'll be back ! (p.s. - if you have avios - you can book with them!)

Room Tip: block 2 in the residences is close to everything. Tip the staff (we were advised about 20 kuna for...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Virginia R
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your excellent feedback and the great title of your review.

I was happy to read your comments on the excellent meal that you had in Cilantro our seafood restaurant and the service that you outlined was fantastic ! I had noted that you order a local wine, the croatian wines are all of a high quality and are all well prices as you had noticed in your review.

I will pass on your comments to the Food and Beverage Team, I do hope to welcome you back one day soon with your family.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Fantastic place to spend some quite and relaxing time, taking a dip in luxury. The spa is one of the best with all the required facilities. Food and drink in the resort is a little expensive by local standards but worth it. There are a few pools and ideally located with the bar and snack service - take and dip in refreshing pool and relax in sun. The staff just knows only one language - 'of course'. I would recommend this to one and all and we look forward to going there sometime next year.

Room Tip: Try choosing a room on the higher side. although all the rooms have a sea view, some have certainly...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mohitagrawal12
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your feedback

Thank you for your excellent comment "The staff just knows only one language - 'of course'.

On behalf of all team members, I hope to welcome you back one day soon

Reviewed May 16, 2013

This is undoubtedly one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at. It was actually a serviced apartment in the sun Gardens, which was furnished to a very high standard, and the housekeeping was superb.

The spa was absolutely fantastic, which was one of the best I have seen. The treatments were reasonably priced.

Food and drink in the resort is a little expensive by local standards, and there is little local choice as it is about 1km from the nearest village, but the on-site supermarket was well stocked.

The swimming pools were very nice and the ambience of the place is fantastic.

I will be looking forward to going back next year.

2  Thank Sidious-Durham
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your feedback

Thank you for your excellent comments " The spa was absolutely fantastic, which was one of the best I have seen"

I had noted your comment on prices a little high, each year we review our prices in line with the market and other five star Hotels / Resorts both in Dubrovnik and on a International level. We of course keep all these factors in mind when setting our prices each year and look to provide the best products with a five star value for money.

I did read your comment that this was one of the nicest hotel that you have stayed at , I do hope to welcome you back one day soon.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

The Radisson Blue Dubrovnik is an Idyll. Located outside the compact walled town, but with efficient transit services by road and sea, you have the best of both worlds. Well laid out impeccably clean, with staff working efficiently and effectively. We sampled breakfast, lunch and dinner across our stay and enjoyed all three. On our last day my wife had a spa day, while I made use of the beach to relax and swim on the Adriatic. We took a one bedroom apartment with as advertised with panoramic views of the coastline. To sit with some good Croatian wine, cured meats and cheese and simply watch the marine community go about it business while the sun sank behind the coastal hills was total and utter relaxation.
Well done to all the staff and management who made our stay a true pleasure, to the point of we are thinking of buying one of the two bedroom units. In fact as Mr Gillette said he liked it so much he bought the company.

Room Tip: Always go for a sea view, get an partment upper floor residence 1,3, 5 or 7
1  Thank Mark A
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your feedback

Thank you for your excellent comments on your one bedroom apartment, I am happy to read that is was clean and you enjoyed the large space provided and the ocean views.

I will pass on your excellent comments on the food and beverage team regarding your various meals during your stay. If I or a member of the sales team can assit you with thoughts of buying a apartment please see my address below please drop me a line.

On behalf of all team members, I hope to welcome you back one day soon.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

The title says it all:
Free breakfast buffet had multiple options from cereal and fresh fruit to bacon and smoked salmon.
The service was friendly, prompt, and courteous.
The spa was expansive, with 3 saunas, 2 steam rooms, outdoor and indoor pools, whirlpool, plunge pool, showers, changing rooms, and body spray showers--accessible by all hotel guests
Truly one of the best spas I've seen....think Ritz Dallas spa quality.
Rooms were small, but had full sea view with sunset views, large soaking tub, and a spacious balcony with sliding glass doors.
Room service was prompt but a bit sparse, but we got what we ordered and the food was tasty.

We loved it...no complaints really
Note that the hotel is a 15 min drive to the city of dubrovnik, but there is a hotel ferry about 75 KN per person offered at a 11 am and return at 4 pm. You'd do better to have car, but the ferry ride allows you to see the city walls from the sea. Return taxi ride ran about 150 KN. Parking at hotel is free so if you have car you can really get around quite well.

Room Tip: upgrade to full sea view it's worth it.
1  Thank Foodwise
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your feedback

Thank you for your excellent comments " Truly one of the best spas I've seen". I was happy to read that you compare it a the Ritz Carlton Spa in Dallas.

I had noted that you enjoyed our Breakfast and friendly staff that serve you . I will pass on your feedback to the team.

On behalf of all team members, I hope to welcome you back one day soon.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

The Radisson Blu is just a year or two old and our apartment looked liked it had never been used before.

The views from the hotel, if you don't go for apartment are stunning. The crystal blue sea and the islands opposite the hotel.

A small caveat though, don't go here if you have problems with staircases or rather steps. All apartments are located on half floors in separate buildings, and although you can reach any room by elevator it makes for a long detour.

The three clay tennis courts are free for guests as is the squash court and the spa (except for treatments).

The breakfast is usually 23 euros, but most guests seem to have paid only half price. I am unsure of whether this offer is eternal or whether it just applies in low season.

The hotel runs a shuttle to Dubrovnik four times a day at 35 koruna... And yes
Internet is free and works really well.

A very, very good hotel with really friendly staff. And coming from me, who spend 50-100 nights a year in hotels, this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in for this price it is a bargain (EUR 130 a night).

Room Tip: Pay up for sea view, it is really worth it. Or spend as little time as possible in the room and enjo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SunSnowSto
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your feedback

Thank you for your excellent comments " A very, very good hotel with really friendly staff" I noticed from your comments that you stay in hotel up 100 night per year I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass on your feedback to the team.

I had noted your feedback on Free Wi Fi we have this service thoughtout the entire resort in both rooms and all public areas.

On behalf of all team members again, I hope to welcome you back one day soon.

mario.stanic@radissonblu.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orasac
Hotel Dubrovnik Palace
#13 of 68 in Dubrovnik
Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik
Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik
#3 of 68 in Dubrovnik

Been to Sun Gardens Dubrovnik? Share your experiences!