“Nice and modern”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Orasac
Zurich
“Nice and modern”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed here in July. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The facilities were fantastic and modern. The rooms were also modern, clean and large. The main complaint is the fact that you can only take one towel per person at the beach which is rediculous (at every other hotel ive stayed at you could take as many as you want). The beach is public and shared with the locals (due to croatian laws which forbid private beaches) which is only a problem on weekends when you have people laying towels inches from your sunbed. I would stay again if I got the chance.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Andi450
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, my team and I are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit.

Thank you for your comments on our modern rooms I am happy to read that the room were very clean neat and tidy.

mario.stanic@radissonblu.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Sarajevo
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Amazing hotel and amazing facilities! Since this was winter trip weather served us very well too for this time of year, but even if it didn't hotel was just enough to have a peaceful, relaxing stay. The spa is just enough to have a great time in this resort. But that's not all, very kind stuff, beautiful surrounding, great rooms and bathrooms, extremely clean and what surprised us also was their free transportation to the old town! When you come to this hotel you have absolutely everything! I can only imagine how it is for the summer season and can't wait to experience that too! One small thing that probably anyone hasn't mentioned and most people don't mind, the elevator-never been in a building with such a great elevator! It's not a big deal but had to mention that too since in other 5* hotels it's not even close to their and sometimes elevators can be really annoying! Overall great hotel to stay in any time, beautiful rooms with sea view and terrace, very nice and clean bathroom, also great breakfast and hotel stuff, nice surrounding to walk around in free time, excellent spa and pools, very easy to get to Dubrovnik from there. Definitely will come again asap!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this review, February 21, 2013

Thank you for your comments on our rooms I am happy to read that the room were very clean neat and tidy. In the winter season we do offer free transport to the old city as well as free high tea for all guests.

Manc' in London
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is a beautiful, modern resort with impressive facilities, especially the spa.
Our room was very well furnished with a lovely view and bathroom and you can’t fault the cleanliness.
However as it was the winter season the facilities were limited. Only one restaurant opened for breakfast and another one for dinner. This gave a very restricted choice as the hotel is somewhat isolated with no other options apart from room service.
The staff in general were a little lack lustre in their service (some were very good; especially the reception staff, others were poor; breakfast staff were very sloppy). I am basing this on the excellent service at Hilton Hotel in Dubrovnik which we stayed at during the same trip for a similar amount of money.
Overall I enjoyed our stay immensely as we were fortunate to have very good weather for January. Had the weather been poor we would have struggled to find much to do. I would contemplate staying at this hotel again but probably not in the winter. It needs the multiple eating venues and other facilities because of its location.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms (Deluxe) at the front rather than the sides for the ultimate sea view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Room52
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this review, February 20, 2013

Thank you for your comments on the quality of the Hotel and services, we are in the future changing the opening of our restaurants and menus to have a wider selection during the winter months.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed our Spa and great rooms. Next winter are are increasing our offers in all areas and one of our new offers will be a 3 to 7 day Detox program in our Spa.

On behalf of all team members, I hope to welcome you back one day very soon so that you can experience our various new services.

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here and the staff were excellent - they have been the nicest rooms we have stayed in for our trip Europe - cannot recommend it highly enough. The facilities were fantastic and very suitable for families

• Stayed January 2013
4 Thank Choccylove
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this review, February 13, 2013

Thank you for your comments on our rooms I am happy to read that our rooms were the best you stayed in your trip in Europe. I will pass on your comments regarding our friendly team members.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in July 2012 for two weeks. We had a fantastic stay in the main hotel on a half board basis. This is a large, modern resort hotel with great facilities. We had a large, spotlessly clean room on a corner of the hotel on the fifth floor, this gave us privacy and a lovely view over the Adriatic. The room was extremely comfortable and we never had a problem sleeping. There was a small seating area in the room and a furnished balcony which I used quite a bit. The bathroom was large and the room had lots of storage. Iron/ironing board, tea/coffee making facilities, bathrobes, slippers, safe, good toiletries, all in all very comfortable for our fourteen nights. Staff were very friendly and efficient. The public areas were clean and beautifully designed. The breakfast buffet was very busy and at times we had to set our own table however we were chilled and on holiday and did not let this annoy us. We had more than enough to eat as there was a great selection of fruit, cereals, cold meats, cheeses, omlettes and pancakes made to order and a good hot selection. We ate every night in the hotel restaurant. Again a great selection and we always ate well. We managed most evenings to get a table outside overlooking the Adriatric (even though it was dark it was beautiful watching the boats sail along lit up by the moon and stars). The waiting staff were very friendly and efficient and we got to know them which meant we got a greeting every evening - and a recommendation or two of the local wines! During the day there is so much to do on site. There are several restaurants - although a snack/coffee shop would be a great addition. There are a couple of souvenir shops and a small supermarket. There is also a sportsclub. Most days we used the adult pool - cold when you first went in but enjoyable in the intense heat of the day. The pool had the most beautiful view and lying watching the cruise ships go by in the distance drinking a cocktail was bliss. This really is a heavenly piece of coastline! There are several more pools mainly for families. Towels and sunbeds supplied. And a very pleasant stoney beach area - the clearest sea. We had many walks around the gardens and grounds. In the evening we enjoyed laid back, relaxing entertainment. We used the main hotel bar most evenings which was quiet and did go to the resort pub - again quiet but relaxing. Most people in the evenings headed into Dubrovnik. We used the hotel shuttle bus and boat several times into the city (approx 20 minutes). The scenery is so beautiful the trip alone is worth it. Dubrovnik is a stunning city although extremely busy in July with many cruise ships docking. We were there during the Dubrovnik Music Festival and really enjoyed the boat trip organised by the hotel to see the fireworks display in the harbour. We recommend the cable car in Dubrovnik the views are spectacular. We had a fabulous holiday and thoroughly enjoyed our trip to Croatia and will definitely return. The Radisson Blu is a wonderful resort in an amazing setting - we will be back!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the higher floor but I imagine by the design of the hotel most rooms have a good view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank PaulaBelfast
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this review, February 12, 2013

Thank you for your comments on our modern rooms, selection of restaurants and bars and freindly team members.

Sheffield
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed here for 10 nights in a 2 bed residence with my husband, 2 kids and mother in law. Loads of space in the apartment, nicely furnished, very clean and modern, both bedrooms were en suite with an extra bathroom in the living area. We stayed on a B&B package which I negotiated direct
with the hotel for a reduction. The residences can have breakfast in the hotel or in a restaurant
in the market place. Our experience of breakfast was fantastic, fresh cappuccinos, lattes and juices. The buffet items were fresh and replenished often, no queues, beautiful views of the Adriatic, and this was peak season in August.
We used the shuttle into Dubrovnik a few time only a couple of euros each and always booked on with no hassle. Dubrovnik is beautiful. The hotel has gorgeous views, pool areas are fab, jet ski tour is a must my 8 year old loved it. Always loungers free and we didn't get to the pool until 11ish most days after having a leisurely hour for breakfast. The sports centre is great, we played tennis, used the climbing wall and used the gym. Boat trip to Lopud also good fun. We found the hotel very reasonable, we have stayed in numerous 5 stars in Europe and if this is your frame of reference you will find food and drink very reasonable. Glass of wine 5E, cocktail of the day 5E, dinner for the 5 of us every night with 1 to 2 bottles of wine 100-150E. We did take away pizza one night from the Italian as the kids needed an early night which was handy. Supermarket is very reasonable much cheaper than Uk prices and good selection of most things.
Down sides, few English channels, we bought DVDs for 3E on the pay per view for the kids, but it would have been handy to have some UK channels for that downtime when you are back from the pool and getting ready for the evening. Food in the restaurants is limited the menu selections are just not that varied, no kids menus in any restaurant, they will do smaller portions for the kids, which is fine for chicken steak pasta etc, but when they are coming with polenta or rich jus's, it's not ideal for the kids. They could definitely improve on this.
However would, highly recommend.

Room Tip: Go direct to the hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank NMSheffield
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this review, February 15, 2013

Thank you for your comments on the apartment, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our selection of sporting activities for your family.

I am happy to read your comment regarding the excellent food for breakfast that you enjoyed, I have reviewed your comments on the lack selection of kids menu which we are addressing this season.

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We spent 4 wonderful nights at this hotel! Without hesitation, amongst the hotels we have stayed, Radisson Blu, Dubrovnik is the best. The rooms were spacious, modernly decorated, silent, neat and comfortable. We enjoyed the view of Adriatic sea by laying on chairs in our balcony.

The breakfast was quite good with plenty of cheese, fruit, yoghurt etc. Also, we had very good time in the spa of the hotel. We went Dubrovnik in November and it was quite cold in the evenings. After getting back to the hotel, we relaxed in either pool or steam room. That was very comforting!

Although the hotel is not close to Old Dubrovnik, there was a shuttle service which made it easier to access to the hotel and vice versa.

I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this review, February 9, 2013

Thank you for your comments on our modern rooms, I was happy to read that you enjoy the Spa a wonderful complex on cold nights in the heated indoor pool and choice of 4 sauna rooms.

mario.stanic@radissonblu.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orasac
Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel
#6 of 68 in Dubrovnik
Rixos Hotel Libertas
Rixos Hotel Libertas
#13 of 68 in Dubrovnik

Been to Sun Gardens Dubrovnik? Share your experiences!