At first, the hotel looks great - the design is well thought, service is very professional and not annoying, you will easily find where to dine, what to do, and where to dine whether you're old or young, traveling with family and children or simply on your own.
But there is a large BUT, and for us it was silence in the night - or rather the lack of it. On the first night i woke up just past midnight, and there was some music paying in the garden, which was tolerable, but still a bit too loud - i decided to check out with reception what was going on, and i was told that it was coming from the pool-side bar, which was also my impression. Well, i had to close the balcony door to ret rid of the noise and this is what i did. Not an ideal solution, because one is usually going to seaside in September to get some nice fresh air instead of air conditioning, but at least I can live with it.
But the real deal of noise is what we've got on the next night - it turned out to be a Wednesday - the Karaoke night or something along these lines. The music was playing so loud that even with the doors fully closed the noise was still entering the room to the point of waking me up a couple of times and making my 10-month old kid uncomfortable. Well, it really felt like they borrowed the animation team from a third-class Turkish hotel, and sent a reasonable Comfort and Silence Keeping Manager on a long-term leave. Of course, the music didn't stop at 11PM as it was supposed to. So a bad night's sleep is what we've got.
Dear hotel management, if you're reading this, please make a note that an overly creative approach to musical programme may sometimes be not only unpleasant, but simply annoying, let alone, spoiling the impression of what otherwise is a great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying a privileged location just steps away from a picturesque beach, resort offers wide array of rooms, suites and residences. With its award winning 3500 m2 Spa, large Sport center, beach, 3 outdoor pools and marina, conference facilities it's designed for ultimate luxury holiday experience. Gourmet heaven is the only way to describe the dining options at this five-star Adriatic Sea hotel. Guests are spoilt for choice with a fabulous array of restaurants, poolside eateries, bars and a unique Market Place concept, serving up delicious international and local dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Sun Gardens Dubrovnik reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort & Spa At Dubrovnik Sun Gardens Hotel Dubrovnik
- Radisson Blu Resort And Spa At Dubrovnik Sun Gardens
- Radisson Blu Hotel Dubrovnik Riviera
- Sun Gardens Dubrovnik Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia - Orasac