“Worst Meal In Paphos for Decades!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Diana Steak House Restaurant
Ranked #607 of 832 Restaurants in Paphos District
Paphos, Cyprus
“Worst Meal In Paphos for Decades!”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Cripes!...I've been living and holidaying in paphos since 1991 and without a doubt this falls in the bottom 10 restaurants in the area that I have ever eaten in. For years friends and aquaintances have reccomended trying this restaurant and we finally got around to it. We both sat outside the restaurant but were given an inside table. Which was directly next to a window. The Window seal being thick with dust and dirt. On observation this matched the wall fans that were also thick with dust and dirt and blowing on full throttle. Fortunately they were not blowing in my direction, any thought of dirt blowing of the fan and on to my meal would have been one major reason to complain. We asked for two beers with our meal and would have either expected to be served draught or at least bottles. We were both given to pint glasses and two cans. On ordering our meal,both of us having Chicken Saltabucco we were told that there was no choice between chips or jacket potato because they had no jacket potatoes and guess what neither of us particularly wanted chips. Whilst we waited we observed that the shirt of one of the waiters was soaking wet with sweat. I understand that it is usually the case in the heat of a Paphos summer night that front of house staff take at least three changes of shirt or blouse but not in this chaps case. When the meal eventually arrived it should have consisted of a herb and white wine sauce with melted edam cheese on chicken breast what did arrive was a sauce that had split into a melted lump of edam on one side of the plate and a very thin excuse of a sauce that was close to the consistency of water and tasted neither of wine or herbs. I am not the worlds fussiest of eaters but on this occassion neither the meal or the restaurant had any redeeming features..... apart from the quiet location.

• Visited September 2011
8 Thank Mark H

Manchester, United Kingdom
“awsome”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I went to paphos for the first time in nov 2010 and my partner and his dad took me to diana steakhouse they go every year and know the owner very well the food was amazing and the owner was so friendly and polite i recommend it to anyone going to paphos amazing service and people.

• Visited November 2010
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent restaurant best steak ever”
Reviewed June 14, 2011

We go to this restaurant if we are in Paphos.
Never disappoints. The steaks are wonderful so tasty and tender

• Visited June 2011