“Disgusting do not stay here!!”
Review of Chanteloup Hotel

Chanteloup Hotel
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Had this hotel booked for 3 nights and ended up leaving after the first night, worst hotel I have ever stayed in for a start the staff are extremely rude! We asked how our air conditioning wasn't working as our room was unbearable with the heat and we were told by receptionist to open our window! The rooms are filthy, marks all over the walls and floor, I found blood on my pillow! The bathroom was the worst the bath was filthy and the toilet even worse not hygienic at all! When we told the manager this she told us that they were very happy with the standard, what a joke! Also advertises that there is a swimming pool which is actually just a hot tub that's not even running just now, no iron facilities either which was advertised! Breakfast was not up to much either, dogs in the reception of hotel also! Overall do not go to this hotel it is the most disgusting filthy place I have ever been and the staffs attitudes do not help!

6  Thank lorib19

Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is without a doubt the worst hotel I have ever had the misfortune of staying at. They lie about their facilities
They claim Air Conditioning, but it is nothing more than a vent circulating the warm air in the hotel, their solution...".open the window", great, it's raining. The spa has been under renovation for months, it does not exist, the rooms are filthy, the toilet brush is a waste hazard, the feceas in the toilet shocking, the dust in the rooms and the vents is horrific. When you complain, their excellent English skills desert the staff, which is not a problem to me as I speak fluent French. The management is rude to the point of insulting. It's a pity that Tripadvisor don't allow photo or video footage to show these points as I have plenty, I will be contacting French Tourism Authorities regarding the health issues associated with this dump !
When I get home, I shall set up a Facebook link showing the true nature of this hotels facilities. Looking at previous reports, this is an on going issue and as travelers we need to stick together to try to end this terrible ordeal

5  Thank Shedboy1983
Reviewed September 11, 2012

This hotel is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in while in france. from the moment we walked in till the moment we left we were booked up for 3 nights and only stayed the one this hotel was booked because it sais on the web site it sais it has a pool which we couldn't use because it was under renovation and it sais there was air con whick there was not it was a air mover and when I went to reception to ask about this I got told to open a window also it sais there is wifi which didn't work either in my room or down at reception no explonation could be given there the room was falling appart there were blood stains on the pillows no remopt for tv not that it mattered because the tv was around 12 inches wide just all and all a total deisgrace and no refund posable please don't let this hotel rewen the last night of your holiday too

4  Thank callumw07522
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights to visit disneyland paris. The hotel is just ok but I think it´s normal for the price you pay.
We choosed the package without breakfast, I knew breakfast isn´t much in france in hotels like this.
The room was fine, the beds were ok, while we stayed here it was very hot. In the first room the airco was broken but without problems we got another room.
A good point is the location near Dinseyland Paris.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Bad points:
Joke Bar - too small anfd closes early
TV - No remote, Only French TV, No English channels
Air-con = Switched off in Daytime
No idea of customer service
Car park too small if Hotel is full
Breakfast is a joke - tea / Coffee and stale cerial
Swimming pool is really an outdoor Jacquzi
Rooms very dated
No tea/coffee in room

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank spencer p
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My experience of this hotel was mixed.

I booked this hotel for 2 nights whilst visiting Disney Resort Paris.

The hotel is a 10 minute drive to the parks.

After reading the reviews, we were un sure of what we would encounter.

We arrived last Thursday and received a warm and pleasant welcome from the receptionist.

Unfortunately, this was the most positive part of the stay.

After dropping the bags off in the room, we tried to book a table in the restaurant which had at the most a 4 tables occupied. We were made to wait 45 minutes in the bar. When we were seated, the waiter was very abrupt and arrogant towards us.

We tried to order a drink and had to wait 10 minutes to get served.

The hotel was significantly understaffed which reflected in the poor level of service delivered to the guests

Food and drink is banned from the rooms and there was no tea making facilities included. No only that, there were signs advising food and drink were forbidden in the room and we would be sanctioned if caught with any.

The TV Remote control were kept behind the reception and required and a 10 Euro deposit before they would release them.

The air conditiioning was ineffective and the fan coil unit in the room was noisy.

There were stains on the the carpet and on the beds.

The shower leaked accross the floor, leaving it slippery and unsafe.

The cereal for the breakfast was out the night before which allowed them to go stale. Other breakfast items were bland.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank NeilDOxford_England
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We travelled in May 2010. This is good value for money but you have to take a taxi going to Disneyland and to Train Station. On our first evening, while we were at the taxi rank, there are 2 people that will be going to the same hotel so we split the taxi fare. The taxi drivers know the place.

The room is not that spacious but for a long and tiring day at Disneyland, you will have a good night sleep. The breakfast is not that spectacular but I like the breads.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chanteloup-en-Brie
Residence Du Parc Val d'Europe
Kyriad A Disneyland Paris
Kyriad A Disneyland Paris
#6 of 8 in Magny-le-Hongre
Hotel l'Elysee Val d'Europe

Been to Chanteloup Hotel? Share your experiences!